Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes downgraded
Waynes has been ruled out for tomorrow. Sean Davis has been called up from the PS for the game. Hopefully, he'll finally be ready for the Thursday Jacksonville game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think Wayne’s will play a down on defense and collect free paychecks from the bengals until he gets released
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:50 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think Wayne’s will play a down on defense and collect free paychecks from the bengals until he gets released

Can't believe people still think this way, FFS.

He'll play on Thursday, stop ******* whining.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can't believe people still think this way, FFS.

Until he gets on the field I don’t believe any of that.

More likely to pull a hamstring or something before thursday than him dressing with his luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Until he gets on the field I don’t believe any of that.

More likely to pull a hamstring or something before thursday than him dressing with his luck.

Im guessing it will be a bad bowl of skyline that puts him out for Thursday.
Seriously folks, this guy was a strike out...time to move on and draft a top tier CB or once again from a FA.  
Reply/Quote
I can't blame anyone for doubting that someone who is now 0 for 19 in playing Cincinnati Bengals games is going to play in the next Cincinnati Bengals game.

That said I do expect him back week 4 or 5. If he isn't then it pretty much becomes an Antonio Bryant level failure in free agency (and through no fault of the franchise).
Reply/Quote
This ***** guy.

Well, at least Diontae Johnson is out. I expect Awuzie to be on Claypool all day. Hopefully Juju won’t torch Apple too bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:40 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I can't blame anyone for doubting that someone who is now 0 for 19 in playing Cincinnati Bengals games is going to play in the next Cincinnati Bengals game.

That said I do expect him back week 4 or 5. If he isn't then it pretty much becomes an Antonio Bryant level failure in free agency (and through no fault of the franchise).

When you get ZERO production out of the highest paid player on the team it’s really hard to overcome. We saw it last year with AJ and Geno. Waynes is killing us. That money could have been a couple of really good players.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This ***** guy.

Well, at least Diontae Johnson is out. I expect Awuzie to be on Claypool all day. Hopefully Juju won’t torch Apple too bad.

Hilton should be on JuJu shouldn't he? Though last year he was coming out of the slot a good amount.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hilton should be on JuJu shouldn't he? Though last year he was coming out of the slot a good amount.

He ran like 80 something % out of the slot last season, but do they slide him outside with Johnson out? And I don’t feel all that much better about Hilton in coverage tbh. He’s ok, but that’s not the strength of his game.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He ran like 80 something % out of the slot last season, but do they slide him outside with Johnson out? And I don’t feel all that much better about Hilton in coverage tbh. He’s ok, but that’s not the strength of his game.

To be fair, their coaching staff probably does that to exploit the match-up versus Apple, one of those game planning moves that seems to not show up around Cincinnati.

But, when he is in the slot, have to feel better about Hilton than Apple covering him especially since no one should know JuJu's game better than Hilton after practicing against him last year every week.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can't believe people still think this way, FFS.

I don't know if Thursday is guaranteed.  To be fair to the people being critical, he has not played one down since he was signed.  So I think it is fair to be skeptical.  That and given the recent history of lingering injuries that seem to go on and on I can see why some may feel that way.    That said I hope he is ready sooner than later.   Given Thursday is against the Jaguars I think they should err on the side of caution.  If there is even a hint that he isn't 100% by then they should sit him in my opinion.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When you get ZERO production out of the highest paid player on the team it’s really hard to overcome. We saw it last year with AJ and Geno. Waynes is killing us. That money could have been a couple of really good players.

hind sight is 20/20

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully Juju won’t torch Apple too bad.

Foreshadowing:
an indication of something that will happen in the future, often used as a literary device to hint at or allude to future plot developments.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 05:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if Thursday is guaranteed.  To be fair to the people being critical, he has not played one down since he was signed.  So I think it is fair to be skeptical.  That and given the recent history of lingering injuries that seem to go on and on I can see why some may feel that way.    That said I hope he is ready sooner than later.   Given Thursday is against the Jaguars I think they should err on the side of caution.  If there is even a hint that he isn't 100% by then they should sit him in my opinion.  

Oh ya, I understand fans being upset with the guy, it irks me a little to be honest. Just fingers crossed when he does get back he's a reak difference maker.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: hind sight is 20/20

Eh, a lot of people were saying that was a bad contact the moment he signed it. We paid he him top CB1 money, and he was never really that.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have signed him, but we shouldn’t have paid him what we did. And if that would have meant him not coming here, oh well.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, a lot of people were saying that was a bad contact the moment he signed it. We paid he him top CB1 money, and he was never really that.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have signed him, but we shouldn’t have paid him what we did. And if that would have meant him not coming here, oh well.

I'm of the opinion that the Bengals have to over pay free agents at times to land them.  Let's face it the Bengals are not known as a premier team.  Ownership and management is under constant scrutiny which is well deserved.  The new head coach isn't exactly wowing anyone.  They have not made the playoffs since 2015.  They have not won a playoff game in 30 years.  Heck, most of the players in the NFL were not even born the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.  Another interesting note, Tom Brady was 13 the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm of the opinion that the Bengals have to over pay free agents at times to land them.  Let's face it the Bengals are not known as a premier team.  Ownership and management is under constant scrutiny which is well deserved.  The new head coach isn't exactly wowing anyone.  They have not made the playoffs since 2015.  They have not won a playoff game in 30 years.  Heck, most of the players in the NFL were not even born the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.  Another interesting note, Tom Brady was 13 the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.  

I’m all for overpaying guys that have actually proven they can be elite players (Reader, Hendrickson, etc), but not a guy like Waynes who never quite lived up to his draft status. Decent player, but not a break the bank player.

Hell, the Awuzie deal (makes about half what Waynes does) is proof you don’t really need to overpay to land a solid CB.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:50 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think Wayne’s will play a down on defense and collect free paychecks from the bengals until he gets released

Sig bet that ypu are wrong.

Man enough to take it? Or do you just like to make up stuff you know is BS to whine about?
Reply/Quote
[Image: FUaIiJ.png]
Reply/Quote