Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes downgraded
(09-26-2021, 03:32 AM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: FUaIiJ.png]

That is sad.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just me, but I'd have dressed him for the game and if it got out of hand put him in injured or not and find out just how injured he really is.. Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 03:32 AM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: FUaIiJ.png]

There are thousands of guys who have the physical gifts to play in the NFL.  We see these guys all the time at the combine or in pro day workouts, but a lot of them never make an NFL roster.  The guys who do make it are the ones who are so driven and competitive that they outwork the others.  

I played football for free and it killed me to miss games with injury.  The ides that these hyper competitive guys who make it to the NFL are happy to miss games is ridiculous.  NFL players are not like the average Joe who is so lazy that he will do anything to get out of work and still get paid.

But these type of comments are common from the fans who wants to make everything personal so that they can whine more about their victimhood.  I see it all the time around here.  Coaches can't just be bad at football decisions.  Instead they have to be arrogant assholes.  Players can't just be injured.  Instead they have to be shiftless loafers.  Owners and front offices can't just make bad decisions.  Instead they have to be evil and greedy.  It all has to be personal to justify the self-righteous indignation of the poor victim fan.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 03:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can't believe people still think this way, FFS.

He'll play on Thursday, stop ******* whining.

It has been a massive disappointment, but I am sure he wants to be out there.  What exacerbates the issue is he is being paid as a top flight CB, and Bates isn't being paid as a top flight safety.

Not trying to hijack the thread, and we have no idea what they offered Jesse, but I was really surprised when it didn't get done.  

Jesse will be huge for the Bengals today.  Piggy can't help himself but take some deep shots.  I hope Bates picks him off.  
Reply/Quote
If the league were smart they would come up with a new rule that a player who doesn't play at all after signing a huge deal that contract doesn't begin until they actually do play.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: If the league were smart they would come up with a new rule that a player who doesn't play at all after signing a huge deal that contract doesn't begin until they actually do play.

sounds like a CBA action that will never happen
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This ***** guy.

Well, at least Diontae Johnson is out. I expect Awuzie to be on Claypool all day. Hopefully Juju won’t torch Apple too bad.

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Y’all know he’s gonna be pure trash when he finally plays lol

Go route first play
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There are thousands of guys who have the physical gifts to play in the NFL.  We see these guys all the time at the combine or in pro day workouts, but a lot of them never make an NFL roster.  The guys who do make it are the ones who are so driven and competitive that they outwork the others.  

I played football for free and it killed me to miss games with injury.  The ides that these hyper competitive guys who make it to the NFL are happy to miss games is ridiculous.  NFL players are not like the average Joe who is so lazy that he will do anything to get out of work and still get paid.

But these type of comments are common from the fans who wants to make everything personal so that they can whine more about their victimhood.  I see it all the time around here.  Coaches can't just be bad at football decisions.  Instead they have to be arrogant assholes.  Players can't just be injured.  Instead they have to be shiftless loafers.  Owners and front offices can't just make bad decisions.  Instead they have to be evil and greedy.  It all has to be personal to justify the self-righteous indignation of the poor victim fan.

I know it’s popular to argue against anything you say on this site but your logic here is sound.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:48 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That is sad.

(09-26-2021, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But these type of comments are common from the fans who wants to make everything personal so that they can whine more about their victimhood. I see it all the time around here. Coaches can't just be bad at football decisions. Instead they have to be arrogant assholes. Players can't just be injured. Instead they have to be shiftless loafers. Owners and front offices can't just make bad decisions. Instead they have to be evil and greedy. It all has to be personal to justify the self-righteous indignation of the poor victim fan.

That image in the post you both quoted is called a joke.  Isn't even real.

P.S. Fred stop whining about fans being victims and whining. You whine about that almost as much as most complain about the team. It has been your go to for some time, "You are just victims and whiners. I know much better." The Bengals have certainly deserved all the scrutiny the fans have to offer over the last 6 years or so. In my opinion it is okay for fans to be unhappy with the way things have gone over the last several years. That does not equal whining.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 06:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That image in the post you both quoted is called a joke.  Isn't even real.

P.S.  Fred stop whining about fans being victims and whining.  You whine about that almost as much as most complain about the team. It has been your go to for some time, "You are just victims and whiners. I know much better." The Bengals have certainly deserved all the scrutiny the fans have to offer over the last 6 years or so.  In my opinion it is okay for fans to be unhappy with the way things have gone over the last several years.  That does not equal whining.

Every fan has every right to be critical of the Bengals play on the Bengals.  I can show you hundreds of posts where I have been very critical of the Bengals play on the field.

I just don't know why so many fans have to make it personal.  I am as upset as anyone that Waynes has missed all these games.  It is very frustrating.  But I don't see any reason to attack him on a personal level and post this BS about how is is happy to be missing these games. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every fan has every right to be critical of the Bengals play on the Bengals.  I can show you hundreds of posts where I have been very critical of the Bengals play on the field.

I just don't know why so many fans have to make it personal.  I am as upset as anyone that Waynes has missed all these games.  It is very frustrating.  But I don't see any reason to attack him on a personal level and post this BS about how is is happy to be missing these games. 

I think we should normalize giving ppl their roses while they are still alive, so ima do it. You are my favorite poster on this site.

With that said, the meme was obviously a joke. You are showing your age here Frederick Toast
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   But I don't see any reason to attack him on a personal level and post this BS about how is is happy to be missing these games. 

Again it was a joke.  You know funny, haha.   I didn't see it as an attack on a personal level.  I found it funny.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote