Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re gonna have a top 5 defense if the o line is as good as we think it should be
(06-05-2023, 11:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't know the reason really, but I think Tysen Anderson is gonna open some eyes. 

I felt the same way last year.  Getting injured your rookie season for almost the entire season was a real bummer, but I love the kid.  Everyone I know from that program raves about him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know that. That is cool. Battle just made plays at Bama, think he will do the same for us and maybe soon if Nick Scott isn't
the answer. Battle has very good instincts and as we have seen with certain Defensive players this can be the difference more so 
than pure talent and athleticism.

We will see on the Safeties, as you say, that is the one big question on Defense besides how well Chido comes back.

Love Dax Hill's upside and Nick Scott's poor pass coverage ratings had a lot to do with Jalen Ramsey's free wheeling on the Rams.

Lou's D's do not have free wheeling Corners that do what they want, Lou's secondary's are disciplined. This should help Scott, and 
if not, we have both Tycen Anderson and Jordan Battle who have great upside.

He is big and talented, played very well in the Preseason last year and we traded up for Tycen. We might be more than okay at 
Safety, who knows. Definitely like all our players, they are just inexperienced. Brick Scott has some valuable experience but he 
only started playing Safety a few years ago. By far our most experienced Safety is Michael Thomas, but he is a ST's Captain.

The young guys need to most snaps.

Dead on in relation to Scott and Ramsey, as well as your point about Lou's defenses.  I mean, the entire unit COULD be better than last year, given the speed in the secondary now and with Ossai trending upward and the addition of Murphy, I think more rotation at DE could help Hendrickson and Hubbard.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on in relation to Scott and Ramsey, as well as your point about Lou's defenses.  I mean, the entire unit COULD be better than last year, given the speed in the secondary now and with Ossai trending upward and the addition of Murphy, I think more rotation at DE could help Hendrickson and Hubbard.  

Yep, it isn't out of the question that once Dax Hill and the new Safety playing with him whether that is Brick Scott, Battle or Tycen 
get on the same page that we might actually be better. Especially with the addition of Murphy and Ossai as you say finding his own.

A good pass rush really helps out the Secondary and these talented young guys should help keep both Trey and Sam fresh.
Reply/Quote