Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re probably stuck with Taylor
This is extremely concerning...

https://mobile.twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1317930536975859714
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Ack, I hate twitter posts, my phone has issues getting there. Cliffhanger!
Reply/Quote
If they don’t fire Jim Turner at the end of the year I’ll be upset
Reply/Quote
Just going by Mikey's track record, yes.

We end up with only 2 wins....again I dunno ? maybe that'll do it.

But my other big fear is the dead cat bounce. We win a couple late and are "in" a couple more. Mikey - "yeah ya see ? we had it right all along, we did some good things late and we're turning it around now".
Reply/Quote
[Image: Eko6c7BWAAQ7G6L?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
^thats what I found concerning. Looks like maybe Dehner answering a question about ZT on The Athletic.

Reply/Quote
Paul just pushing his narrative. Some growing pains probably wasn’t envisioned as 3-18-1.

We’ll see what happens. I’m getting close to the ‘watch the highlights instead of the full game’ time of the year, which feels early. I love what Burrow and Higgins have shown. I like Wilson and think ADG has potential too. It’s tough to watch the rest of the circus right now though.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Just going by Mikey's track record, yes.

Yeah, as I've said before, when it comes to dealing with head coaches, Mike is a different cat.

Just prior to the last game of the '93 season, Mike signed Shula to a 2 year extension...even though Shula still had a year left on his original contract, was 3-12 for the season and had won fewer games in his second year than his first.
Reply/Quote
I think he's relatively safe for a coach in his position given ownership's history of tolerance.

However, I think a second consecutive 2-win or even 3 or 4-win season could change their view. I don't think they signed him to win 4 games out of 32.

The most likely course of action in another disastrous season IMO is keeping him and canning several assistants. Let's face it, a lot of them are turds and very expendable. The family has been fairly willing to change coordinators even while being loyal to HCs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:04 AM)samhain Wrote: I think he's relatively safe for a coach in his position given ownership's history of tolerance.

However, I think a second consecutive 2-win or even 3 or 4-win season could change their view. I don't think they signed him to win 4 games out of 32.

The most likely course of action in another disastrous season IMO is keeping him and canning several assistants. Let's face it, a lot of them are turds and very expendable. The family has been fairly willing to change coordinators even while being loyal to HCs.

Problem with that is Taylor is calling his own plays...

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_nr47a0lKdc1qgjeodo1_400.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals doing Bengals things.....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Have fun losing what little fan base you have left then
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem with that is Taylor is calling his own plays...

Absolutely agree! A proven OC and  DC would go a long way in shortening his learning curve.
Reply/Quote
Yea that’s why I haven’t been going too hard on the ZT bashing. No matter the results this year he will be back.
Reply/Quote
If they keep Taylor they need to at least concede to putting some experienced coaches around him to learn from. Like a Wade Phillips type at DC and someone with play calling experience at OC.

I don’t see a ton of improvement from this team other than spending some money on FA and hitting a good 1OA QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:24 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If they keep Taylor they need to at least concede to putting some experienced coaches around him to learn from. Like a Wade Phillips type at DC and someone with play calling experience at OC.

I don’t see a ton of improvement from this team other than spending some money on FA and hitting a good 1OA QB.

No one wanted to work with this loser when he was hired. No one with any competency is hitching their wagon to him after what we’ve seen. You have to fire him.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:57 AM)cj1895 Wrote: No one wanted to work with this loser when he was hired. No one with any competency is hitching their wagon to him after what we’ve seen. You have to fire him.

Agree

After this season is over and we're sitting at 2 or 3 wins nobody is going to be chomping at the bit to come here.
Reply/Quote
New Dey was really for one dey. They are getting sneakier on their promotion.
Reply/Quote
My hope is Mike Zimmer is let go in Minny and we bring him in as DC and potentially a HC in waiting if things dont improve for ZT

At the minimum going into 2021 Zac needs to fire Jim Turner and relinquish play calling
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote