Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are Looking For The Wrong Guys
I don't know how much control ZT had on his first draft. But he preached a desire to have high class guys.

I sure do like when good people do well........ I also like when my football team wins. And it just so happens being "a good person" does jack shit when it comes to a 6'5" 300lbs professional athlete on the other side trying to beat your ass. See 0-9 2019 Bengal team.

Give me 22 Pac Mans and Burficts. Watching this NFL bullshit week after week it is hard to say it isn't rigged. Every week there are plays that are REVIEWED with slow mo cameras that make no sense. Its crazy. The NFL is getting into the same category as WWE professional wrestling. Total bullshit.

Its not the quiet nice guys that win in professional wrestling...
Reply/Quote
The OP makes some very good points here. Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmandzadeh came to play — and play hard — every week. I don’t see that kind of passion for the game from anyone on the current Cincinnati roster. Sometimes it looks like the current players are just going through the motions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't know how much control ZT had on his first draft.  But he preached a desire to have high class guys.

I sure do like when good people do well........ I also like when my football team wins. And it just so happens being "a good person" does jack shit when it comes to a 6'5" 300lbs professional athlete on the other side trying to beat your ass. See 0-9 2019 Bengal team.

Give me 22 Pac Mans and Burficts. Watching this NFL bullshit week after week it is hard to say it isn't rigged. Every week there are plays that are REVIEWED with slow mo cameras that make no sense. Its crazy. The NFL is getting into the same category as WWE professional wrestling. Total bullshit.

It makes sense to get high class guys at the start of the rebuild. Establish a locker room that works hard and goes about things the right way. Then once you have that base and leadership core to keep them in check you add the pricklier characters.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 09:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The OP makes some very good points here.  Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmandzadeh came to play — and play hard — every week.  I don’t see that kind of passion for the game from anyone on the current Cincinnati roster.  Sometimes it looks like the current players are just going through the motions.

This is because we have NO LEADERS on either side of the ball, no one sets the tone and gets in players faces.

Im done with the "Thug" teams, we can still get good players that play hard and don't get arrested twice a year.  This team is lacking LEADERSHIP 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
1. The NFL is not rigged.
2. If the NFL was rigged then having more thugs would not make any difference.
3. Thugs don't make good leaders because they are stupid.
4. We need tough smart leaders who are not thugs.
Reply/Quote
After Burfict and Pacman melted down and costed us the 2015 playoff game against the Steelers (along with the Hill fumble)...you'd think people would realize that volatile players aren't the answer.

How about we actually scout, evaluate, and draft talented players? THAT'S what we are lacking. Not thugs.
Reply/Quote
And what ZT saying he wanted high quality guys seems like PR fluff...because they then hired Jim Turner who was radioactive in NFL circles from Bullygate as well as some of the other things he said and did at Texas A&M.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And what ZT saying he wanted high quality guys seems like PR fluff...because they then hired Jim Turner who was radioactive in NFL circles from Bullygate as well as some of the other things he said and did at Texas A&M.

Bullygate was a bunch of BS. The guy who started it Johnathon Martin has serious mental health issues and those issues have obviously never been helped because he was facing charges for threatening his high school, college, and NFL teammates on social media.

As for the presentation that happened at Texas A&M its come out that Jim Turner did not write it and the same presentation was given the year before by different coaches.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
For the most part,the characteristics that this team displays falls into one category,Bad Coaching,along with lack of leadership.
Reply/Quote
The problem is the previous defense was about coming downhill. They don't have truly rangy players who can go sideline to sideline.
The players don't fit the scheme.

For offense, same issue. Scheme. I saw multiple examples posted online from Sunday's game where OL just flat out didn't block anyone because no one was right in their zone. And this offensive design is intended to work with stellar OL play such that the RBs are getting yards and then the run can set up the pass. However, when your OL is terrible, that whole plan comes crashing down.

So basically, these coaches are trying to fit square pegs into round holes and failing because of it.
Either they need to cater the offense and defense to the strengths of the team or get new players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I miss burfict ***** up games by destroying opponent players brains. Now we have no one who can tackle, we end up losing anyway. Bring back the old days...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After Burfict and Pacman melted down and costed us the 2015 playoff game against the Steelers (along with the Hill fumble)...you'd think people would realize that volatile players aren't the answer.

How about we actually scout, evaluate, and draft talented players? THAT'S what we are lacking. Not thugs.

OP: “I want the two guys who made us lose our best chance to win a playoff game!”

I mean, I get wanting talent, but you can do much better than those hot heads. Give me WJ3 any day of the week over Pac-Man.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. The NFL is not rigged.
2. If the NFL was rigged then having more thugs would not make any difference.
3. Thugs don't make good leaders because they are stupid.
4. We need tough smart leaders who are not thugs.

we just need guys that are good at football(and want to play football)... Criminal or choir boy.
Reply/Quote
You can be great without being thugs, as with our only HOFer proves.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I don't know how much control ZT had on his first draft.  But he preached a desire to have high class guys.

Guess you missed the last 1:30 minutes of the 2015 playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After Burfict and Pacman melted down and costed us the 2015 playoff game against the Steelers (along with the Hill fumble)...you'd think people would realize that volatile players aren't the answer.

More upset those two were still on the roster the day after the game......
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:40 PM)thillan Wrote: OP: “I want the two guys who made us lose our best chance to win a playoff game!”

I mean, I get wanting talent, but you can do much better than those hot heads. Give me WJ3 any day of the week over Pac-Man.

those 2 were really the only reason we had a chance and were still in that game thru 4 qtrs. 3 of which of offense did nothing...

2 minutes left the defense secures a pick.. Which should have sealed the game.. Then Hill "Fumbles"  when all we really have to do is kneel...

but somehow its all burficts and jones fault?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:45 PM)higgy100 Wrote: More upset those two were still on the roster the day after the game......

Indeed. I felt it was either them or Marvin. They kept all 3!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After Burfict and Pacman melted down and costed us the 2015 playoff game against the Steelers (along with the Hill fumble)...you'd think people would realize that volatile players aren't the answer.

I love how the guy who gets a FF, knocks out the opposing team's QB on a sack, and gets what should have been a game-sealing INT to shut down the NFL's 3rd ranked offense gets the primary blame... and the guy who fumbles on 1st down with the lead in the 4th quarter with 1:30 to go at the opposing team's 20 yard line gets just a supplementary peripheral blame.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I love how the guy who gets a FF, knocks out the opposing team's QB on a sack, and gets what should have been a game-sealing INT to shut down the NFL's 3rd ranked offense gets the primary blame... and the guy who fumbles on 1st down with the lead in the 4th quarter with 1:30 to go at the opposing team's 20 yard line gets just a supplementary peripheral blame.

All Burfict had to do for us to win was not try to knock Antonio Brown's head off of his body on a missed pass. That's all.

Hill is definitely to blame also...but the Steelers had to take the ball an insane amount of yards to score. Personal Fouls are definitely controllable...but not for those guys.
Reply/Quote