Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Are Looking For The Wrong Guys
Hill's fumble was bad, but the Steelers still had the ball on their own 8 yard line with 1:20 to go and a crippled QB.

Pac nd Burfict played great that whole year, but their lack of control cost us that game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: All Burfict had to do for us to win was not try to knock Antonio Brown's head off of his body on a missed pass. That's all.

Hill is definitely to blame also...but the Steelers had to take the ball an insane amount of yards to score. Personal Fouls are definitely controllable...but not for those guys.

They had 1:30 and ALL THREE timeouts and only needed a FG because Hill couldn't hold onto the ball after Burfict makes the INT to get the turnover. Hill holds onto the ball and even gains 1 yard per carry, the Bengals kick the 38-40-ish yard FG and then the Steelers are left with 60 seconds and 0 timeouts while down by 4, which means they would need a TD.

If Burfict wasn't a part of that game, the Bengals would have gotten blown out.

Don't revise history just because he's an easy target to make into a villain. In that game, he's the only reason why the Bengals even had a chance.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I love how the guy who gets a FF, knocks out the opposing team's QB on a sack, and gets what should have been a game-sealing INT to shut down the NFL's 3rd ranked offense gets the primary blame... and the guy who fumbles on 1st down with the lead in the 4th quarter with 1:30 to go at the opposing team's 20 yard line gets just a supplementary peripheral blame.

Don't forget Hill trying to taught us after "winning" a ring last year...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote