Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-19-2018, 06:56 PM)peatmonster Wrote: First off let me starting by saying i like andy dalton.  i think he is a good QB. was that a miss by him. offcourse. mixon was wide open, easy TD and he missed it. Ok, well Rodgers missed an easy 3 and 2 agt seahawks and then they punted. I guess he sucks too. one play doesnt make a QB. take a look at some of Dalton playoff performances.. AJ green drops alot of balls so does his team. im not saying thats the reason but it isnt all AD fault.

Its not. But there were other times yesterday i expected more from an 8 year vet. 

You can win with a mediocre QB. Its just hard and everything else has to go perfectly. 

Maybe part of my problem is i am sick of people acting like Dalton is some elite top notch QB and we wouldnt win without him.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe part of my problem is i am sick of people acting like Dalton is some elite top notch QB and we wouldnt win without him.

Absolutely no one ever does this, but there are way too many excuses given to try and get him off the hook. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think I’m ready to move on from Andy Dalton. If the Bengals aren’t going to improve the pass blocking scheme it’s time to find a more mobile quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe part of my problem is i am sick of people acting like Dalton is some elite top notch QB and we wouldnt win without him.

Who says that?

I am one of his biggest supporters and even I say he is only borderline top 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who says that?

I am one of his biggest supporters and even I say he is only borderline top 10.

A lot of people probably think I'm a homer because I defend him so much, but I've never put him any higher than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not winning spit with Andy Dalton? The Bengals certainly would have won less games without him.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A lot of people probably think I'm a homer because I defend him so much, but I've never put him any higher than that.

I haven't even put him in the top 5 before. I've put him in the top 10 in the past, but not very far into it. I'm the biggest homer ever tho, or at least I'm told.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 06:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... I now question if you know what a good QB is. If you think that was no big deal. 

A 8 year veteran who in the redzone couldnt see a wide open uncovered receiver and instead called him in to be covered and then burned a time out is absolutely horrendous.

That was text book chicken with his head cut off andy. 

First off, I didn't say it was no big deal, but it ended up ok as we scored after the timeout anyway.

Secondly, you don't know what Andy saw. Maybe he didn't see Mixon "uncovered" or maybe he did but saw something else that led him to believe him being uncovered didn't matter. 

Lastly, anyone that expects ANY QB - no matter if they're elite or not, no matter their years of experience - to play mistake free football is either ignorant, a moron, or an ignorant moron.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 04:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: First off, I didn't say it was no big deal, but it ended up ok as we scored after the timeout anyway.

Secondly, you don't know what Andy saw. Maybe he didn't see Mixon "uncovered" or maybe he did but saw something else that led him to believe him being uncovered didn't matter. 

Lastly, anyone that expects ANY QB - no matter if they're elite or not, no matter their years of experience - to play mistake free football is either ignorant, a moron, or an ignorant moron.

I'm assuming he saw something in the protection that needed a back in to help block.....but it's admittedly been a LONG time since I have played.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 04:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm assuming he saw something in the protection that needed a back in to help block.....but it's admittedly been a LONG time since I have played.

Tbh, none of us have any idea what Dalton saw there, and I'd say it's above most of our pay grades to sit here and pretend that we know for sure an NFL QB was definitely incorrect in a pre-snap decision. Regardless, if we wound up scoring the next play, I'd say he probably made the right call. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Accurate. Not saying it’s all his fault, obviously the Oline sucks, the defense sucks, and Marvin is still HC, but it’s time to upgrade the position. We’re going to be in AFC North basement for the foreseeable future if we don’t. No I don’t think Jeff Driskel is the answer. I’d like to draft a QB in the 1st rd. But ofc we won’t cause Andy is just good enough to justify ignoring the position.

Reply/Quote
Andy cant win when it matters. Everyone should be done with him. Coach taylor needs to do away with him and really set us on a "new day"
Reply/Quote