Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-11-2018, 11:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If we would of just had a new owner today we would of crushed them.  Ninja This mindset will never fix anything since he owns the team and has no intentions of selling it might as well keep this kind of stuff to yourself.

Ummm perhaps the owner after 16 seasons of futility should realize the problem isn't with the players ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ummm perhaps the owner after 16 seasons of futility should realize the problem isn't with the players ?

He knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You do have to wonder who would be our QB right now if we didn't hire Gruden and he didn't talk Mike Brown out of Mallett/Kaepernick.  On a side note, right before we drafted Dalton and Palmer wanted out some people were blathering on about how exciting it would be seeing Lavefour and/or Jordan Palmer step up and lead this team.

It's like internet dating.  Yeah...I kinda like you, but come on...there has to be someone else out there that is better than you.  So bye.

Let's bring back the guy that puked in preseason game a few years back, he'll get us over the hump.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ummm perhaps the owner after 16 seasons of futility should realize the problem isn't with the players ?
Not going to change as long as the tickets are sold.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's bring back the guy that puked in preseason game a few years back, he'll get us over the hump.

I hear he’s really good at chunk plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:21 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not going to change as long as the tickets are sold.

The NFL is a monopolistic oligopoly where ticket sales aren't even remotely necessary to make money.  Having a good team that packs the stadium is just a bonus for owners.  Mike Brown keeps the overhead low and keeps things calm and expectations low.  He is lucky he inherited a business that doesn't fail, I'll tell you that.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:12 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: My last response bc im not argueing all night, but theres been offensive droughts about every game.. yeah hes showed heart and came back ,but andy is capable of being below average like today without his big stars on offense. Look.how many he started with green , eifert, mixon, boyd, and a speed threat in ross and gio as a scat back, that is loaded. When you take away two of them studs look at him today is where his flaws stand out. He couldnt hit ross for nothing,deep ball is bad, basically he needs big guys that can make leaping amazing catches to look good he cant thread needles,doesnt have the arm or accuracy. I was surprised he did look better early on this season but that has went away once again and its basically because his stars are out. Green and eifert and basically oc takes away mixon. 

How about body language and leadership, dalton just shook his head and looked lost out there,he couldnt overcome it, he couldnt motivate or make any one better. 

Bottom line you need elite qb in this league or elite coaching ,or BOTH. Marvin and andy will never work. One playoff win would be a miracle. That would be our superbowl. 

But any who, its not fun watching a offense that looks great the first drive and complete shit the rest of the game..even if the defense sucked ,can we at least score some tds ,nope.

Dalton isn’t an elite QB, that is very true. I don’t see many qbs that can overcome not having time to throw, receivers don’t have time to get open. The majority of interceptions this year have been on the receivers themselves, with tons of drop balls. Hell, Ross barely tries to catch passes at times. The point is that Dalton is very serviceable and there are several positions on this team that are not serviceable. I don’t see how an elite quarterback surrounded by scrubs helps much. Oh btw, where do we get this elite guy that’s gonna step right in and make these turds look like roses? I’m not arguing anyways, it’s only my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Dalton isn’t an elite QB, that is very true. I don’t see many qbs that can overcome not having time to throw, receivers don’t have time to get open. The majority of interceptions this year have been on the receivers themselves, with tons of drop balls. Hell, Ross barely tries to catch passes at times. The point is that Dalton is very serviceable and there are several positions on this team that are not serviceable. I don’t see how an elite quarterback surrounded by scrubs helps much. Oh btw, where do we get this elite guy that’s gonna step right in and make these turds look roses? I’m not arguing anyways, it’s only my opinion.

Yep. We're about 5-6 starters away from competing with the Saints.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. We're about 5-6 starters away from competing with the Saints.

...and about 5-6 coaches too.
Reply/Quote
Maybe with Van Pelt they can scout a better QB within the next year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No quarterback in NFL history would succeed in the Bengals’ current scheme with so many injuries to offensive starters.  Let’s fix the defense first.  If people want to move on from Andy Dalton, fine, that’s their right to believe this, but simply plugging another quarterback into the current system isn’t the answer.  It’s how you become the Cleveland Browns.

Just stop it. I saw Russel Wilson playing with nothing today. getting constantly harassed, and damn near beat arguably the best team in the NFL.

I agree Andy is toward the bottom on the list when we list what is wrong with this team, but let's stop the "No other QB in the history of the NFL...." BS. Plenty QBs current and past could make this roster work 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and about 5-6 coaches too.

We desperately need a culture change. A new HC is key. This team is soft.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. We're about 5-6 starters away from competing with the Saints.

You mean adding an “Elite Quarterback” won’t fix it all? Where do we get one of these elite QB’s? It’s not that easy to do, how many are even in the league?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We desperately need a culture change. A new HC is key. This team is soft.

You ask Mike Brown for a culture change and he thinks you want a different flavor of yogurt in the team ‘fridge.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Dalton isn’t an elite QB, that is very true. I don’t see many qbs that can overcome not having time to throw, receivers don’t have time to get open. The majority of interceptions this year have been on the receivers themselves, with tons of drop balls. Hell, Ross barely tries to catch passes at times. The point is that Dalton is very serviceable and there are several positions on this team that are not serviceable. I don’t see how an elite quarterback surrounded by scrubs helps much. Oh btw, where do we get this elite guy that’s gonna step right in and make these turds look like roses? I’m not arguing anyways, it’s only my opinion.

Servicable qb i definitely agree hes been servicable his whole time here. Good enough to become a top team in the afc is where i dont think he can get us, i dont even really think he can win us a playoff game. We can not have a straight healthy season any year,it just doesnt happen for us..and idk you just got to draft qbs and try them. There isnt that many duds of qbs now adays as there used to be. I was fine with dalton for a little while until it hits me every season. That hes just not talented enough. I ask myself what if we got ahold of cam newton that year instead of green , i think we might of had a playoff win or two atleast in the last 8 years with cam. Qbs are that big of difference,but i also believe in elite coaching ,smart coaches like sean mcvay, but look at them today,just lost cooper cupp. The injury bug usually hits about everyone. Marvin can put a team together to start with but injuries always derails us , and he doesnt know how to adjust plus doesnt have an elite qb. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton is here as long as Marvin is. That's just the truth of the matter.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just stop it. I saw Russel Wilson playing with nothing today. getting constantly harassed, and damn near beat arguably the best team in the NFL.

I agree Andy is toward the bottom on the list when we list what is wrong with this team, but let's stop the "No other QB in the history of the NFL...." BS. Plenty QBs current and past could make this roster work 
Lol i agree give us brees and id bet wed atleast put up.a few tds for gods sake..
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You mean adding an “Elite Quarterback” won’t fix it all? Where do we get one of these elite QB’s? It’s not that easy to do, how many are even in the league?

1 pick after Ross was one.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Dalton is here as long as Marvin is.  That's just the truth of the matter.

Dalton is no more to blame than Palmer or Blake. This team has gaping flaws.

It's probably a 5 win team that will win 7 games because of opportunistic turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe with Van Pelt they can scout a better QB within the next year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely keep that guy!! I seen a difference in daltons pocket presence,and making plays happen better that he never done before
Reply/Quote