Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Aren't Winning spit With Dalton
(11-11-2018, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 1 pick after Ross was one.

Bingo,and we werent even thinking about it at all
Reply/Quote
Working on 8 years in the league. 2 4000 yard seasons. Never had 30 pass tds.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Working on 8 years in the league. 2 4000 yard seasons. Never had 30 pass tds.

Ill add can never break 400 yards,ever even with stacked offense
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:45 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Definitely keep that guy!! I seen a difference in daltons pocket presence,and making plays happen better that he never done before

Passing is up across the league because of rule changes
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Servicable qb i definitely agree hes been servicable his whole time here. Good enough to become a top team in the afc is where i dont think he can get us, i dont even really think he can win us a playoff game. We can not have a straight healthy season any year,it just doesnt happen for us..and idk you just got to draft qbs and try them. There isnt that many duds of qbs now adays as there used to be. I was fine with dalton for a little while until it hits me every season. That hes just not talented enough. I ask myself what if we got ahold of cam newton that year instead of green , i think we might of had a playoff win or two atleast in the last 8 years with cam. Qbs are that big of difference,but i also believe in elite coaching ,smart coaches like sean mcvay, but look at them today,just lost cooper cupp. The injury bug usually hits about everyone. Marvin can put a team together to start with but injuries always derails us , and he doesnt know how to adjust plus doesnt have an elite qb. 
I agree with much of what you say but I just feel that fixing other places is much, much easier than finding that elite QB. Are there what 5-10 in the league? With those odds, I think that the people that want Andy replaced are gonna get 3-4 guys worse than Andy before they find one better. I’m not against drafting a first round QB at some point but there are so many other holes that it doesn’t seem practical... and those are craters, not small holes. I feel you though, it’s frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 1 pick after Ross was one.

It’s not impossible to find but how many are in the league?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Passing is up across the league because of rule changes

Oh i agree with you,but i have seen dalton improve in pocket movement and making plays happen better, didnt do it today though..
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Working on 8 years in the league. 2 4000 yard seasons. Never had 30 pass tds.

He has the Bengals single season record with 33TD passes in 2013.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have wavered back and forth. Sold myself one too many times that we had the answer at QB.

I'm done.

Quit pretending we have a top tier QB. Oh sure if everything is perfect and we have top notch pass pro, top notch weapons, and can maintain perfect health our QB performs better than average. Gtfo with that bullshit.

Without AJ dalton is shit. In primetime dalton is shit.

With Dalton we are not winning shit.
Sure blame Marvin. I agree. Doesnt change the fact we are not winning shit with either.

It's not just Dalton, the team stinks from the head - meaning Mikey Brown of course.

I do agree that Dalton isn't the QB to take us to a SB, at least not with Marv and Mikey in charge. Of course that means I'm not looking for a SB appearance anytime soon cause Mikey boy is happy as a clam with the way things are going. The shithead couldn't care less about winning a SB.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: He has the Bengals single season record with 33TD passes in 2013.

Thats my bad. Think the 20 ints he threw that year drew my eyes away from the TD row
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's not just Dalton, the team stinks from the head - meaning Mikey Brown of course.

I do agree that Dalton isn't the QB to take us to a SB, at least not with Marv and Mikey in charge. Of course that means I'm not looking for a SB appearance anytime soon cause Mikey boy is happy as a clam with the way things are going. The shithead couldn't care less about winning a SB.

Super Bowls are rough to get for most franchises.  Remember, the Ravens have as many SB wins with Dilfer and Flacco as the Packers do with Favre and Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats my bad. Think the 20 ints he threw that year drew my eyes away from the TD row

Fair counterpoint.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and about 5-6 coaches too.

HOF post
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The NFL is a monopolistic oligopoly where ticket sales aren't even remotely necessary to make money.  Having a good team that packs the stadium is just a bonus for owners.  Mike Brown keeps the overhead low and keeps things calm and expectations low.  He is lucky he inherited a business that doesn't fail, I'll tell you that.

The ticket sales myth, haha

MB could care less what the ticket sales are.

This is like an episode of mythbusters: Dalton's the problem = myth. MB will keep doing what he's doing as long as he sells tickets = myth.

Hell we might as well just get all the myths out tonight !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The ticket sales myth, haha

MB could care less what the ticket sales are.

This is like an episode of mythbusters: Dalton's the problem = myth. MB will keep doing what he's doing as long as he sells tickets = myth.

Hell we might as well just get all the myths out tonight !

If/when PBS is full, it's because the opposing teams fans travel well. Mike Brown doesn't care about ticket sales. Full or empty he makes millions upon millions upon millions thanks to revenue sharing. You're absolutely right. Win or lose, sell out or no sales, Mike Brown is laughing all the way to the bank.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not about Dalton being the only answer, but you have to realize the argument of "Dalton or someone else" is open-ended to the point of farce.  Any time you compare one person to an ambiguous concept of "someone else" you're going to have a hard time getting the real life person in the real life situation to match your sweet imagination.

So we need a more athletic QB.  So the Bengals should have traded the farm for Mitch Trubisky?  Would we be beating the Steelers and Saints and Chiefs with him?  That's more specific.  And hell...maybe we would be winning more with him.  
There have been numerous QBs who are ranked above Dalton at this point in time who came into the league after Dalton became a Bengal.
The point is Bengals have been satisfied with a mediocre QB lead by a mediocre coach.
Mike Brown needs a seasoned GM ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:16 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: If/when PBS is full, it's because the opposing teams fans travel well. Mike Brown doesn't care about ticket sales. Full or empty he makes millions upon millions upon millions thanks to revenue sharing. You're absolutely right. Win or lose, sell out or no sales, Mike Brown is laughing all the way to the bank.

I'd say 25% of the stadium was Saints Fans today.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I kinda noticed how the QB loser/bum/quitter who didn't win shit here and left after a humiliating 4-12 season managed to actually get closer to the SB in a single playoff shot than we have in 30 years.  Dalton may very well do something similar if we let him walk to another franchise.  You know, one that hasn't gone decades without winning an important game. 

Then again, maybe he stays here and we eventually get to play a backup QB or an 8-8 division winner int he playoffs and get the monkey off our back and blah blah blah.

We’ve been there done that on the backup to the backup QB in the Playoffs. It wasn’t pretty
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:18 AM)John Shaft Wrote: There have been numerous QBs who are ranked above Dalton at this point in time who came into the league after Dalton became a Bengal.
The point is Bengals have been satisfied with a mediocre QB lead by a mediocre coach.
Mike Brown needs a seasoned GM ASAP.

Honestly, IF Tom Brady were drafted here...he probably never starts a single game and is out of the NFL in 3 yards. Coaching factors so much into this all. So does having quality players around the QB.

The WR's Dalton was throwing to were terrible except Boyd and Mixon. The Line is really bad. It's regressing and actually may rival last seasons line in ineptness at this point in time.

Mixon has to make an insanely good cut to get yards as there's no room.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Super Bowls are rough to get for most franchises.  Remember, the Ravens have as many SB wins with Dilfer and Flacco as the Packers do with Favre and Rodgers.

This 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote