Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Can Never Win With Mike Brown Family
(10-23-2017, 05:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If you ever thought there was a point were you felt Mike Brown genuinely wanted to win something of significance with this team, well guess what, you were ***** duped. The man gives no shits about winning, as long as he's profiting off of mediocrity.

I think that all owners will tell you they want to win. Now how they actually align their resources to winning is the big question.

I just don't think you can win a championship in sports and sustain success on a budget. You see teams do it in baseball then lose guys to free agency and start losing again. That's exactly what's happening here.
Reply/Quote
When you can make billions of dollars by losing that's not failure. 
Ask yourself if someone paid you billions of dollars to lose would you feel like you lost anything other than your soul? Of course not. 
We as fans lose, of course, but the team owners, coaches and players win regardless of the outcome of the games. When the lowest paid player on the team is paid nearly a half a million dollars per season how can anyone consider that losing? In a sensible world anyone playing for a team with a 1-15 record would be paid accordingly, barely enough to get by, but not in the NFL. 
Kevin Zeitler got a huge pay raise to lose. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. In the real world any player going to Cleveland ought to be taking a huge pay cut ,but this ain't exactly reality now is it?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: When you can make billions of dollars by losing that's not failure. 
Ask yourself if someone paid you billions of dollars to lose would you feel like you lost anything other than your soul? Of course not. 
We as fans lose, of course, but the team owners, coaches and players win regardless of the outcome of the games. When the lowest paid player on the team is paid nearly a half a million dollars per season how can anyone consider that losing? In a sensible world anyone playing for a team with a 1-15 record would be paid accordingly, barely enough to get by, but not in the NFL. 
Kevin Zeitler got a huge pay raise to lose. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. In the real world any player going to Cleveland ought to be taking a huge pay cut ,but this ain't exactly reality now is it?

The NFL is a unique industry with it's revenue sharing and massive TV revenue. Normal business forces don't apply. Plus, owners hold cities hostage to get a nice new stadium.

If you owned a business that sold a bad product...you'd go out of business.

But, you hit the nail on the head. I think fans care more about the losses than the Bengals Management. I think they want to win, but it's a business 1st and foremost and a business's goal is profitability for the shareholders.
Reply/Quote
"Mike Brown Family" sounds like an early '70s gospel-singing family. Which also happens to do a shit job running a football team, I guess.

Katie was to be the great hope, our liberator from Mike's tight-fisted tyranny. I guess we'll see, but with our luck, she's probably learned all to well how to game the fans and county and make a fortune without ever winning a damned thing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Not with MB that is for sure.

Will not throw rest of family under the bus just yet.

But probably not them either since they learned from him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote