Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Got Our Arses Whooped Tonight
Hopefully, this ass whippin on National TV will light a fire under this team.....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Sure thought we'd stay within 3 scores. We knew the D would struggle, but I figured the offense would at least show up. Another in a LONG line of Mediocre Merv Primetime shitshows.

They didn't punt one time the entire game. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What started out so good has went downhill badly.
Reply/Quote
I’m not at the “sky is falling” level yet, but I think this team was very clearly exposed last night. To start, this defense is just bad. The LBers are struggling, especially Burfict. I’ve been on the fence about him for a couple seasons now, but I’m starting to slide off. He routinely misses at least 25%+ of the season and his play has obviously slipped this year. On top of that, our LBers in general are just slow out there.

Offense looked really disappointing as well. The offensive line just isn’t very good right now. Redmond is incredibly frustrating. Another draft with a high round backer and OL would be a good start.

One thing is for sure, I’m just so tired of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 2019 Draft: OL,LB,OL,LB,OL,LB.......etc.
Reply/Quote
[Image: snzf9rvnrzhoadbson3q.jpg]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not at the “sky is falling” level yet, but I think this team was very clearly exposed last night. To start, this defense is just bad. The LBers are struggling, especially Burfict. I’ve been on the fence about him for a couple seasons now, but I’m starting to slide off. He routinely misses at least 25%+ of the season and his play has obviously slipped this year. On top of that, our LBers in general are just slow out there.

Offense looked really disappointing as well. The offensive line just isn’t very good right now. Redmond is incredibly frustrating. Another draft with a high round backer and OL would be a good start.

One thing is for sure, I’m just so tired of Marvin.

Yes our linebackers are very slow.  That position needs more speed now.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The defense is what really blows my mind. I never expected them to be playing like they are. I'm not saying that the offense is a huge letdown at times as well, but I really thought the defense would be a strength. All of the sudden the DLine is having trouble getting pressure, the tackling is atrocious, our zone D allows wide open receivers every play, we can't make stops on 3rd down to get off the field, and it goes on and on. The cushion the DBs are giving is pissing me off as well. Generally they're 8-9 yards off the receiver and when they think the ball is going to be snapped, they're already in a back pedal. Even with the huge cushion and them already going further back pre or right at snap, they're still allowing receivers to get wide open behind them. It's bad.
Reply/Quote
It stank, and I turned it off at some point. No reason to finish watching that masterpiece.

Going into Arrowhead and beating THAT Chiefs team would have been special, I'm not going to get too upset for losing to arguably the 3rd best team in football in their house. However, let this be a reminder that this is clearly still a Marvin Lewis run squad and we are probably gearing up for the 0-8 Marvin playoff record
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It stank, and I turned it off at some point. No reason to finish watching that masterpiece.

Going into Arrowhead and beating THAT Chiefs team would have been special, I'm not going to get too upset for losing to arguably the 3rd best team in football in their house. However, let this be a reminder that this is clearly still a Marvin Lewis run squad and we are probably gearing up for the 0-8 Marvin playoff record

It stinks to high heaven that’s for sure. And your right, KC is for real. Really wanted that victory last night and although it’s very tough to be positive, I really don’t have a choice at this point. 4-3 going into week 8 is not stellar but I think we will pull it together. Had we not lost so badly last night, I would have more optimism, but KC embarrassed not only them team, but the entire fan base.

This loss will be tough for many to get over. Rightfully so I guess?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It stank, and I turned it off at some point. No reason to finish watching that masterpiece.

You missed out on the Driskel - Core show.
Reply/Quote
Once I saw HUNT hurdle over our defensive player, I knew the game was over.
Reply/Quote
Our poor defense against their top offense I expected trouble.

Our offense against their HORRIBLE (still ranked lower than us) defense I did not expect what happened.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our poor defense against their top offense I expected trouble.

Our offense against their HORRIBLE (still ranked lower than us) defense I did not expect what happened.

This x 1000

I'm not shocked at the 45 points (38 given up by the defense). I am shocked at the 10 points scored. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This x 1000

I'm not shocked at the 45 points (38 given up by the defense). I am shocked at the 10 points scored. 

And another 7 points were off of a short field after the ST snafu. If the d would have held KC to 31 I would have considered that a victory.

One TD for our offense however is terrible.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And another 7 points were off of a short field after the ST snafu. If the d would have held KC to 31 I would have considered that a victory.

Absolutely abysmal is more like it.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And another 7 points were off of a short field after the ST snafu. If the d would have held KC to 31 I would have considered that a victory.

Looks like another pregame ritual I will have to change.

[Image: when-youre-a-fan.jpg]

Reply/Quote