Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Looked Like Assholes Man
In the movie boogie nights there's a scene where good ol Reed Rothschild proclaims "we look like assholes man".

Now Reed wasn't bright enough to realize how poignantly ironic and accurate his statement was at the time nor was that his intent when he said the words.

Such was that game last night.  The better team lost to their hated rival.  How can Pittsburgh not laugh?  Who in the flying actual **** fumbles then personal fouls their way to losing a game they had won.

The Bengals that's who.

In what surely was the best possible example of why you fire a head coach, Mike Brown will not budge and that loveable playoff losing giggly son of a gun will be back next year.  Becuz why not.  That's what we do.  We're the Bengals.

And we look like ***** asshole man.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:00 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: In the movie boogie nights there's a scene where good ol Reed Rothschild proclaims "we look like assholes man".

Now Reed wasn't bright enough to realize how poignantly ironic and accurate his statement was at the time nor was that his intent when he said the words.

Such was that game last night.  The better team lost to their hated rival.  How can Pittsburgh not laugh?  Who in the flying actual **** fumbles then personal fouls their way to losing a game they had won.

The Bengals that's who.

In what surely was the best possible example of why you fire a head coach, Mike Brown will not budge and that loveable playoff losing giggly son of a gun will be back next year.  Becuz why not.  That's what we do.  We're the Bengals.

Surely with that signature, you can find some way to blame Dalton???
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:00 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: In the movie boogie nights there's a scene where good ol Reed Rothschild proclaims "we look like assholes man".

The Bengals that's who.

We had help.  They were wearing black and white stripes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

The Bengals that's who.

According to some on this board the personal foul was just what this team needed. They needed that Steeler attitude! Do anything to win the game! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: We had help.  They were wearing black and white stripes.

Yep. Always the refs fault. Never hold the team accountable for doing idiotic things. 

You and Marvin Lewis must get along great. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: According to some on this board the personal foul was just what this team needed. They needed that Steeler attitude! Do anything to win the game! 

Ya that isn't a misconstrued version of what someone said in another thread or anything.

If you prefer taking the approach we took the night Huber got his head knocked off then I feel sorry for you. I would rather retaliate then sit back and lose in an even more pathetic manner. Without the fire that ensued from being bullied the whole night, we probably would have lost 22-0.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. Always the refs fault. Never hold the team accountable for doing idiotic things. 

So, now you're turning to insults?  Got it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya that isn't a misconstrued version of what someone said in another thread or anything.

If you prefer taking the approach we took the night Huber got his head knocked off then I feel sorry for you. I would rather retaliate then sit back and lose in an even more pathetic manner. Without the fire that ensued from being bullied the whole night, we probably would have lost 22-0.

We retaliated and lost. In the most embarrassing and pathetic manor that could ever happen. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: According to some on this board the personal foul was just what this team needed. They needed that Steeler attitude! Do anything to win the game! 

Wrong.  No one on this board has said that we needed the PF.

What they have said, was that it wasn't a PF.  They also have pointed out that if Burfict's is PF, then Shazier's should have been called PF, since Shazier's hit was worse.  They have pointed out that if Burfict played for the Steelers then he wouldn't have been flagged.

Now, be that as it may, they did call the 15 yrd penalty, that wasn't the game breaker.  The game breaker was when the ref is looking at Porter being in our defensive huddle and doesn't throw a flag, but does throw a flag on Jones, for trying to point out that Porter isn't supposed to be on the field.

It reminded me of the scene in The Blind Side, when the ref throws a flag against the coach for pointing out that the ref wasn't calling a fair game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:31 PM)McC Wrote: So, now you're turning to insults?  Got it.

Where is the insult? 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:34 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Wrong.  No one on this board has said that we needed the PF.

What they have said, was that it wasn't a PF.  They also have pointed out that if Burfict's is PF, then Shazier's should have been called PF, since Shazier's hit was worse.  They have pointed out that if Burfict played for the Steelers then he wouldn't have been flagged.

Now, be that as it may, they did call the 15 yrd penalty, that wasn't the game breaker.  The game breaker was when the ref is looking at Porter being in our defensive huddle and doesn't throw a flag, but does throw a flag on Jones, for trying to point out that Porter isn't supposed to be on the field.

It reminded me of the scene in The Blind Side, when the ref throws a flag against the coach for pointing out that the ref wasn't calling a fair game.

From another thread: 

I disagree.

The Bengals are too soft without Burfict.

We need to continue to develop the Steeler attitude that you "do whatever it takes to win." Even if that means you get a penalty here and there. We are getting there. That's why the Steelers are calling us dirty.

Believe me, if Burfict was a Steeler, they would be praising as the next great future HOF'er.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. Always the refs fault. Never hold the team accountable for doing idiotic things. 

You do realize that bad officiating and bonehead play aren't mutually exclusive and that the first might have an effect on the other?
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Where is the insult? 

Right where you passive aggressively put it.

Reply/Quote

Exactly, they took the lead, they took the game, in spite of that horrendous call of a rd on that bogus catch......and then they gave it away. If not for the total choke job and lack of class on our part I'd be all over the refs too.  But it what it is.  The team should be ashamed of themselves.  I know I am. Pathetic.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: From another thread: 

I disagree.

The Bengals are too soft without Burfict.

We need to continue to develop the Steeler attitude that you "do whatever it takes to win." Even if that means you get a penalty here and there. We are getting there. That's why the Steelers are calling us dirty.

Believe me, if Burfict was a Steeler, they would be praising as the next great future HOF'er.

Still don't see them saying that we needed the PF.

It does say, that we should play aggressive and sometimes that means you will get called, but it is better to play aggressive every play and not keep second guessing whether you are too aggressive or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:38 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Exactly, they took the lead, they took the game, in spite of that horrendous call of a rd on that bogus catch......and then they gave it away. If not for the total choke job and lack of class on our part I'd be all over the refs too.  But it what it is.  The team should be ashamed of themselves.  I know I am. Pathetic.

It was a cumulative  effect.  When you're battling the black and piss head hunting for 60 minutes and getting away with it, complete with coaches grabbing and goading your players while standing on the field and the calls are so one sided, some humans will bow under the weight of it all.

Yes, they lost their cool.  But it didn't happen in a vacuum.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:36 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: You do realize that bad officiating and bonehead play aren't mutually exclusive and that the first might have an effect on the other?

This.  Bad officiating can lead to tempers flaring.  That is why it is so important to stay consistent.

We had 2 PF called for hitting defenseless receivers.  How many did they have?  Yet their plays had helmet to helmet contact while ours was with the shoulders.
Reply/Quote
Sad part is that we have some really good players that keep their heads on as professionals at all times, and played a whale of a game for their part. I do feel bad for them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Sad part is that we have some really good players that keep their heads on as professionals at all times, and played a whale of a game for their part. I do feel bad for them.

Me too.

Reply/Quote
If the referees had correctly called a personal foul against Pittsburgh's Ryan Shazier for his helmet to helmet targeting hit when he speared Giovani Bernard of the Bengals, none of this would have happened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote