Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Football This Season!
(05-08-2020, 09:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I categorized covid as the flu. So it is overblown.

You being ill informed does not make this overblown. 274k deaths is not an overblown crisis.
If you don't know that getting sunlight gives you Vitamin D which helps your immune system I don't know what to tell you.

Common sense. There will be football Brad and we will be much better this season in at least 2 phases.

Offense and Defense and I like the schedule.
(05-08-2020, 12:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: You mentioned CDC in a previous post.. here you go. An article about how flu reacts to higher humidity. Covid and flu are similar transmission/transfer diseases

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nioshtic-2/20042261.html

That study deals with aerosol transmission. (So more like the measles than the flu.) Covid-19 is thought to be spread mainly through respiratory droplet transmission. Although they are still studying to verify that.

But, that’s up for debate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/first10em.com/aerosols-droplets-and-airborne-spread/amp/
(05-08-2020, 04:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Exactly, take a rushed vaccine for a virus that may or may not be what we are told it is or isn’t.

Unfortunately This is Darwinism... survival of the fittest.

This year it is covid... national attention. Last year it was the flu, no big deal. I bet our “flu” related deaths are next to nothing since March, everything being categorized as covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2018-2019/Week18.htm

March is usually when we see the flu begin to dissipate every year.
(05-08-2020, 12:23 AM)samhain Wrote: I saw that the league anticipates having full stadiums.  The gist of what I read suggested that there was really no point in limited attendance in terms of curbing spread since people move around so much throughout a game.  They also don't want to start the season with empty buildings and then let fans attend later.  The feeling is that it would be an unfair advantage for teams that got more home games with fans present.  

I'm not sure how it will go, but I do think they'll find a way to play.

What is not funny is no one talks at all about Sweden or Florida who handled this the right way.

Sweden just went about bidness as usual and protected the old folks or the ones with diabetes or lung problems.

Florida protected the old in the rest homes as should of everyone.

Not be like Andrew Cuomo and put people with the virus in the rest homes and just kill people. Murder, disgusting.
(05-08-2020, 09:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I categorized covid as the flu. So it is overblown.

Covid-19 has killed more Americans than Vietnam, the Gulf War, 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and the invasions of Grenada and Panama combined.

I wouldn’t call that overblown.
(05-08-2020, 09:11 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why would the season not start on time?  An extra couple of months is not going to change anything.  There is no vaccine and likely will not be one available for mass public use until next spring at the earliest.  

We have to get back to normalcy from an economic standpoint or nothing will ever happen again.  Albeit that normalcy will be difference with social distancing and other protective measures.  Bottom line is there is no benefit to moving the start of the season out, it's not like a vaccine will become available and everybody inoculated by November.

Time to take precautions and move on with daily life.  Those that are worried about contracting the virus, especially those susceptible and in the high risk categories, should take it upon themselves to shelter in place.  If you don't expose yourself you can't get it.  The rest should do their part to minimize spread. 

Well said Daddy-O, well said.

(05-08-2020, 03:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I have no intention of taking the vaccine, especially one rushed out so quickly.  

Always knew you were one of the smartest ladies I know. ThumbsUp
(05-08-2020, 09:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Covid-19 has killed more Americans than Vietnam, the Gulf War, 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and the invasions of Grenada and Panama combined.

I wouldn’t call that overblown.

So has the flu over the years, 30 to 60 million a year and yet no one cares.

This is a terrible virus but you have to handle things the right way and learn.

You don't just shut down the world and stay in a bunker for God sake without any vitamin D which kills the flu and viruses 
through your immune system. Just take care of the elderly and always think of them and if you are elderly or have other issues
protect yourself. 
(05-08-2020, 09:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If you don't know that getting sunlight gives you Vitamin D which helps your immune system I don't know what to tell you.

Common sense. There will be football Brad and we will be much better this season in at least 2 phases.

Offense and Defense and I like the schedule.

Common sense also dictates that people who get plenty of sunlight still suffer from infectious diseases such as the common cold and the flu.
(05-08-2020, 09:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Common sense also dictates that people who get plenty of sunlight still suffer from infectious diseases such as the common cold and the flu.

So stay in a bunker with no sunlight? Makes more sense LMAO!!! Sarcasm

My entire family had this back in January and we are immune now. My parents are over 60 used to smoke and are doing great.

Wyoming didn't shut down and we are doing very well cause of it. The worst thing you can do is what Cuomo and NY did. Just look.

Proves itself, no need for argument, Cuomo put infected people in rest homes. He should be put away for murder the bastid.
(05-08-2020, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So has the flu over the years, 30 to 60 million a year and yet no one cares.

You don't just shut down the world and stay in a bunker for God sake without any vitamin D which kills the flu and viruses 
through your immune system. Just take care of the elderly and always think of them and if you are elderly or have other issues
protect yourself. 

I don’t think that is true, but I’m going to remember 30-60 million people die each year and no one cares.

Agree to disagree. And with that, I’m out.
(05-08-2020, 10:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don’t think that is true, but I’m going to remember 30-60 million people die each year and no one cares.

Agree to disagree. And with that, I’m out.

It is true, at least for the media who don't care at all about people's lives but the story...

It is honestly very sad.

I am out as well Breech. Rock On
(05-08-2020, 10:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So stay in a bunker with no sunlight? Makes more sense LMAO!!! Sarcasm

My entire family had this back in January and we are immune now. My parents are over 60 used to smoke and are doing great.

Wyoming didn't shut down and we are doing very well cause of it. The worst thing you can do is what Cuomo and NY did. Just look.

Proves itself, no need for argument, Cuomo put infected people in rest homes. He should be put away for murder the bastid.

As a healthcare worker; I don’t live in fear, but I do take precautions to reduce the risk of infection.

Good night.

PS Any lab results to confirm your entire family had Covid-19 in January? Or is that your belief based upon the clinical presentation?
(05-08-2020, 10:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As a healthcare worker; I don’t live in fear, but I do take precautions to reduce the risk of infection.

Good night.

You are awesome, good night Breech.
(05-08-2020, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So has the flu over the years, 30 to 60 million a year and yet no one cares.

30 to 60 million people die per year from the flu?  Is that a global statistic?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2020, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is not funny is no one talks at all about Sweden or Florida who handled this the right way.

Sweden just went about bidness as usual and protected the old folks or the ones with diabetes or lung problems.

Florida protected the old in the rest homes as should of everyone.

Not be like Andrew Cuomo and put people with the virus in the rest homes and just kill people. Murder, disgusting.

Do you want to talk about Sweden? because that is not a good example of what to do, even their chief scientist who is leading their response is now questioning if they went with the right strategy. Sweden is at around 3000 deaths but it is just about to take off there, actually look at the countries that have had success with this, Australia and New Zealand have had 110 deaths combined and extremely low community transition.
(05-08-2020, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So has the flu over the years, 30 to 60 million a year and yet no one cares.

protect yourself. 

I hope you have info to back that up, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. 
The protocols we’ve given to not contract COVID-19 are literally the same that we have to not contract the Flu or pneumonia. Sports have been killing people for decades. Shame on them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]