Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Missed BIG Time (2017 Draft)
(11-06-2018, 11:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And the last rookie to do what had never been done before by a rookie QB was Andrew Luck.  Just look at how great the Colts have been with him.

But even if Mahomes turns into a Hall of Famer that does not mean the Bengals should have taken a chance on him,  Teams usually don't gamble on first round QBs when they have a young healthy solid starter.  Instead they use those picks to build a better team around the QB.  There is no QB in the league who can win a Super Bolw without good talent around him.

What exactly did luck do his rookie year? Mahomes has thrown 6 more touchdowns in 9 games than luck did all year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised this thread is still going lol.

I have come to terms with the belief that it is just time to move on from it.. it just pained me because I lived near the area at the time, and the excitement that they will have for years to come, as well as their chances at a SB, are much higher.

The mediocrity that this team seems to sit in year after year is what really annoys me, and it just seems like our big changes are actually really small.

It just seems like people ignore it, and act like we actually have a shot at winning a SB, or are moving towards it.

We're neither. We are in neutral, and I worry that some have become blind to this. We can make fun of teams like the Redskins, Cowboys, or even the Browns.. but we aren't much better.

/rant
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 04:15 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What exactly did luck do his rookie year?  Mahomes has thrown 6 more touchdowns in 9 games than luck did all year.

Luck broke the rookie record for passing yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Luck broke the rookie record for passing yards.

It’s not even really close. Mahomes can throw for 210 yards/game the rest of the way and break lucks record.

Mahomes is 2 games away from breaking Brees record of consecutive 300 yard games.

Mahomes already has more 300 yard games this year than luck did his first 2 years.

I understand why the bengals didn’t draft him at the time, but he is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Just a little food for thought.

“PFF: Mahomes completed every pass when he faced no pressure, going 22 of 26 for 362 yards and three touchdowns, with his receivers dropping three passes. For the season his 92.7 overall grade is second in the NFL among quarterbacks, trailing only Drew Brees (94.2.)” *mahomes had a spike too*

So a first year starter is in the conversation with a HOF QB still playing at a HOF level.

Oh shoot, that HOF QB is coming to town this week, who is better than mahomes, according to PFF. And we all know what mahomes did just a few weeks ago.

I hope for cold, windy, wet conditions. Sorry for anyone going to the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 06:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s not even really close.  Mahomes can throw for 210 yards/game the rest of the way and break lucks record.

Mahomes is 2 games away from breaking Brees record of consecutive 300 yard games.  

Mahomes already has more 300 yard games this year than luck did his first 2 years.

I understand why the bengals didn’t draft him at the time, but he is ridiculous.

You are only focusing on 1 player and not the team.

The Chiefs have some of the best talent in football along with one of the 3 best football minds in Andy Reid.

Not saying Mahomes isn't good he is...He's a good quarterback on a great team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 06:32 PM)Synric Wrote: You are only focusing on 1 player and not the team.

The Chiefs have some of the best talent in football along with one of the 3 best football minds in Andy Reid.

Not saying Mahomes isn't good he is...He's a good quarterback on a great team.

Alex Smith is a good qaurtetback and in the same system last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 08:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Alex Smith is a good qaurtetback and in the same system last year.

They went like 12-4 or 11-5.

Also you say the same system which is true and not true. Yes it's the same verbage but a lot of new plays and wrinkles.

Last year they ran one play like 4 times a game every game. It was a option play Smith had a choice of handing it to Hill on a jet sweep, turn around and hand it off to Hunt, run it himself, or throw it to Hill on a sweep pass. This year under Mahomes they don't run it or at least the three chiefs games I've seen they haven't run it.

In my humble opinion Andy Reid is the most innovated offensive coach in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:25 PM)Synric Wrote: They went like 12-4 or 11-5.

Also you say the same system which is true and not true. Yes it's the same verbage but a lot of new plays and wrinkles.

Last year they ran one play like 4 times a game every game. It was a option play Smith had a choice of handing it to Hill on a jet sweep, turn around and hand it off to Hunt, run it himself, or throw it to Hill on a sweep pass. This year under Mahomes they don't run it or at least the three chiefs games I've seen they haven't run it.

In my humble opinion Andy Reid is the most innovated offensive coach in the NFL.

Eh, if you listen to former players, they often mention how these teams actually run the same plays, they just have different variations of them.

I'd rather have Sean Payton, McVay, or Kyle Shannahan.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:42 PM)thillan Wrote: Eh, if you listen to former players, they often mention how these teams actually run the same plays, they just have different variations of them.

I'd rather have Sean Payton, McVay, or Kyle Shannahan.

I'm gonna give McVay a couple of rebuilds before I put him in the same catagorey as Payton Reid and Belicheat. Shannahan has a lot of ground to cover as a head coach still yet to compare to anyone.

Reply/Quote
I look back at this thread and honestly chuckle at the comments

“System qb”
“Only because of a great team”

Hopefully people realize he is a generational talent AND has a great HC. Cincy doesn’t have either
Reply/Quote
meanwhile the Bengals still hold out hope that
Andy Dalton can change a culture of mediocrity
with his very calm "we will get them the next time"approach.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 10:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: meanwhile the Bengals still hold out hope that
Andy Dalton can change a culture of mediocrity
with his very calm "we will get them the next time"approach.

Or the crazy " Once Katie takes ownership things are going to change " assumption. Still going to be the same ole same ole. I am at an all time low in my Bengal Fan meter.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 10:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I look back at this thread and honestly chuckle at the comments

“System qb”
“Only because of a great team”

Hopefully people realize he is a generational talent AND has a great HC.  Cincy doesn’t have either

This act of thread necromancy probably doesn't seem like that great of an idea at this moment.
Reply/Quote
Let it go guys. We get it. EVERYONE IS A GENIUS WITH 2020 HINDSIGHT.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 10:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Let it go guys.  We get it.  EVERYONE IS A GENIUS WITH 2020 HINDSIGHT.

[Image: captain-hindsight-the-hero-of-the-modern...505431.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 10:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Let it go guys. We get it. EVERYONE IS A GENIUS WITH 2020 HINDSIGHT.

Just wait until 2 seasons from now when everyone makes 2020 hindsight jokes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote