Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Must Admit It: We Are Not A Good Team
People had hope after the last two weeks, but we have to sit down and admit that we aren't a good team and the stats back it up. We struggled all year against teams with better records and worse records. Sure, we have talented players. But they're not being coached right.

Just some reasons on WHY we need to change this entire coaching staff:

The Bengals have not beaten a team with a winning record. The 5 teams they beat have a combined record of 12-48 (counting the Browns twice).

We are one of, if not THE, worst teams in the 2nd half. They have scored 71 points in the 2nd half. Been held without any points in the 2nd half for three games out of twelve. Not too bad. However, they have scored a touchdown in the second half only 6 times out of 12 games. They've allowed 108 points in the 2nd half.

The Bengals have the LEAST amount of points in the 2nd half. The offense is getting 5.9 points per game in the 2nd half. Lazor CANNOT adjust in the 2nd half and go outside of his scripted plays.

Now that's not bad since they're tied for 10th in scoring defense. However.

The Bengals have played 6 of the bottom 10 offenses of the year. They played the Browns twice. And the Titans are ranked the 11th worse.
The Bengals have played one top 10 offense and they allowed 52 points throughout the both of them (averaging 26 points a game).

The offensive line didn't get better until they STOPPED doing a tackle rotation. And why did they stop doing that? Because of injury.

The defense ranks 26th on stopping offenses on 3rd down. But they've also given up 79 1st downs on 3rd down (31st). The defense is 28th against the run and the offense is 30th running the ball.
The Bengals also have only 4 rushing TDs this year, tying them with 3 other teams for the 2nd lowest in the NFL.

Marvin Lewis continues to start Adam Jones over WJIII, meanwhile WJIII has shut down great receivers and has the lowest completion percentage against him. And yes, I know he messed up on that run play last night.

John Ross continues to sit on the bench so they can play Cody Core. A guy who they talked about being the most improved. A guy many people talk about being a "speedster". He has zero catches. And instead of giving reps that are needed to a rookie, he continues to keep his veterans in. Why? No clue.

Andrew Billings has shown flashes with the more playing time he got. However, they bring back Pat Sims and start him.

Hue wanted to have a competition for the center position, but Marvin and Paul got their guy. And he's been here ever since, starting. With NO competition brought in once to challenge him.

We were not a good team this year. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. And I pray that they blow this entire coaching staff up, because things need to change. I don't care about the 90's. That was close to 20 years ago.

I am about to be 26 years old and the Bengals have NEVER won a playoff game since I've been alive. We deserve better than this. The city deserves better than this. The players deserve better than this.

Marvin Lewis' teams are not good enough. 6 winning seasons in 15 years with 0 playoff wins is not good enough.

This team was not good enough in 2017.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup. They suck... They have since last year. The last two weeks did nothing but knock back their draft position. I suppose they'll win another one or two for spite too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I didn't get to see the whole game, hell, I rarely last past halftime on any Monday night game anymore. But, when I went to bed and the Bengals had a lead, I just knew that somehow I'd wake up to a loss. All too easy to predict.

Four games to play out the string, probably a couple home wins a and a couple road losses, chipping in a contribution to Minny and Baltimore's playoff chances. 7-9 like the mediocre team we are, another season of wasted opportunities. Where the **** does this team go in 2018? So disappointing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
You about a day late and a dolla short with this news. But I agree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
[Image: thanks-captain-obvious.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Last night we played the best football we have played in awhile. Are we good? Nope, not at all. Well, at least we haven't been. However I will leave you this. If Mixon is not concussed and Burfict not knocked out of the game? We win that game. For once, dirty football killed us instead of us killing ourselves.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: People had hope after the last two weeks, but we have to sit down and admit that we aren't a good team and the stats back it up. We struggled all year against teams with better records and worse records. Sure, we have talented players. But they're not being coached right.

The Bengals have not beaten a team with a winning record. The 5 teams they beat have a combined record of 12-48 (counting the Browns twice).

We are one of, if not THE, worst teams in the 2nd half. They have scored 71 points in the 2nd half. Been held without any points in the 2nd half for three games out of twelve. Not too bad. However, they have scored a touchdown in the second half only 6 times out of 12 games. They've allowed 108 points in the 2nd half.

The Bengals have the LEAST amount of points in the 2nd half. The offense is getting 5.9 points per game in the 2nd half. Lazor CANNOT adjust in the 2nd half and go outside of his scripted plays.

The Bengals have played 6 of the bottom 10 offenses of the year. They played the Browns twice. And the Titans are ranked the 11th worse.
The Bengals have played one top 10 offense and they allowed 52 points throughout the both of them (averaging 26 points a game).

The offensive line didn't get better until they STOPPED doing a tackle rotation. And why did they stop doing that? Because of injury.

The defense ranks 26th on stopping offenses on 3rd down. But they've also given up 79 1st downs on 3rd down (31st). The defense is 28th against the run and the offense is 30th running the ball.
The Bengals also have only 4 rushing TDs this year, tying them with 3 other teams for the 2nd lowest in the NFL.

Marvin Lewis continues to start Adam Jones over WJIII, meanwhile WJIII has shut down great receivers and has the lowest completion percentage against him. And yes, I know he messed up on that run play last night.

John Ross continues to sit on the bench so they can play Cody Core. A guy who they talked about being the most improved. A guy many people talk about being a "speedster". He has zero catches. And instead of giving reps that are needed to a rookie, he continues to keep his veterans in. Why? No clue.

Andrew Billings has shown flashes with the more playing time he got. However, they bring back Pat Sims and start him.

Hue wanted to have a competition for the center position, but Marvin and Paul got their guy. And he's been here ever since, starting. With NO competition brought in once to challenge him.

We were not a good team this year. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. And I pray that they blow this entire coaching staff up, because things need to change. I don't care about the 90's. That was close to 20 years ago.

I am about to be 26 years old and the Bengals have NEVER won a playoff game since I've been alive. We deserve better than this. The city deserves better than this. The players deserve better than this.

Marvin Lewis' teams are not good enough. 6 winning seasons in 15 years with 0 playoff wins is not good enough.

Well that's only the good news!

The BAD news is, after 26 years, I have zero faith that MB will hire an HC and let that man, clean house and navigate the ship his way!

So where does that leave you as a fan????
Reply/Quote
I've been saying this for 2 years....join the club.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:14 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well that's only the good news!

The BAD news is, after 26 years, I have zero faith that MB will hire an HC and let that man, clean house and navigate the ship his way!

So where does that leave you as a fan????

Honestly...there is only so much any coach can do in this organization.

The best we can hope for is occasional playoff success.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last night we played the best football we have played in awhile. Are we good? Nope, not at all. Well, at least we haven't been. However I will leave you this. If Mixon is not concussed and Burfict not knocked out of the game? We win that game. For once, dirty football killed us instead of us killing ourselves.

They could not move the ball with a Burfict-led defense. So they eliminated him. Stiller footbawl. It’ll never change.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last night we played the best football we have played in awhile. Are we good? Nope, not at all. Well, at least we haven't been. However I will leave you this. If Mixon is not concussed and Burfict not knocked out of the game? We win that game. For once, dirty football killed us instead of us killing ourselves.

I don't know about that... I think Marv still finds a way to lose that one. It's kind of his M.O.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I guess I'm in the minority that watched the first half and realizes that we were up 17.

Mixon going out and then we lose our leader, who happens to be our second best defenders, and we just fall apart.

I was impressed that our offensive line played relatively well considering I've thought they've been horrible most of the year.

I put this one on the coaches, like so many other games.
Reply/Quote
Sure, we aren't a good team, but on the bright side - we're not that far away.

Fix the O-line and get a good coach and this team is immediately back to 10-6.
Reply/Quote
We are a great team with a loser for a coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: People had hope after the last two weeks, but we have to sit down and admit that we aren't a good team and the stats back it up. We struggled all year against teams with better records and worse records. Sure, we have talented players. But they're not being coached right.

They need to torpedo the coaching staff starting with Marvin. Don't even entertain the idea of resigning him, he's obviously not interested in keeping this job. I know Bill Lazor turned the offense around a little so he might be worth keeping, but guys like Alexander, Caskey and Urban could probably go. Id consider doing the same on defense as well, because im not really impressed with what Guenther is doing with the defense. All this talent on the roster and you can't put together a competitive team is a straight sign of the failure in coaching.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Two words, Zebratic Intervention. Change the name of the team to the Zebras and we get all the calls.  ThumbsUp
It's pretty clear in my mind it's a rigged league, but since nearly everyone else wants to find a hundred other reasons why this team is where it's at there's no point in arguing it.
The league itself has argued successfully in court that they can fix games and you're only recourse is to not watch that speaks volumes. Despite the evidence, and there's plenty of it people still want to buy the same old story.. It's like watching somebody get shot in the head and swearing they died of natural causes. 
I'm even ok that it's fixed, but the one thing that drives me crazy is reading the laundry list of reasons why it can't be and ways to fix a team in a fixed league..
C'mon folks..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Personally I think we're a badly run/coached good team.

We have the players to compete with anyone....the personnel decisions, schemes, discipline, etc is the real issue
:andy:
Reply/Quote

I admitted they weren't a good team after the 2017 NFL draft, so no surprise to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

You don't get it. We weren't Mixon or Burfict away from a win. Bernard ran well with Mixon out. Actually probably better than Mixon.

You guys NEVER SEE THE BIG PICTURE. That is, we ALWAYS find a way to lose these big games.

You guys what if? We had Dalton against the Steelers in the playoffs? You woulda, coulda, shoulda. You come up with scenarios.

The BIG PICTURE IS...we're a loser franchise that finds ways to lose. 5 playoff wins in 50 years. 5!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't get it. We weren't Mixon or Burfict away from a win. Bernard ran well with Mixon out. Actually probably better than Mixon.

You guys NEVER SEE THE BIG PICTURE. That is, we ALWAYS find a way to lose these big games.

You guys what if? We had Dalton against the Steelers in the playoffs? You woulda, coulda, shoulda. You come up with scenarios.

The BIG PICTURE IS...we're a loser franchise that finds ways to lose. 5 playoff wins in 50 years. 5!

This.

Thread should've been titled:
We Must Admit It: We Are Not A Good Franchise
Reply/Quote