Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Need To Try This Onside Kick!
On kickoffs, especially in the NFL, when a return team sees the kicker start towards the ball, they naturally turn to run usually or at least side-step back. When the kicker makes his kicking motion, they usually turn to run without paying much attention.

This high school team took advantage of that by having the kicker fake like he was going to kick the ball by making the kicking motion just behind the ball, so the return team started back, but then he just obviously is not near enough to kick it and then knocks it with the back of his foot, resulting in an easy recovery!

It's a genius move!
Reply/Quote
The kick return for the Rams last year was brilliant too.
Reply/Quote
Our kicker can barely make a Field Goal.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Didn't make the return team move at all they were just lined up in horrible position.
Reply/Quote
If it was brilliant and innovative bellichek would have already tried it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We did it once in high school because of how the opposing team would run their kick returns. That's what it's up to. If the return team starts running back before the kick, then go for it. However, most high school, college, and NFL know to wait for the kick before moving.

I'm sure Simmons would note this in film and run it if he saw it was probable.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Not to wild about the idea. Maybe try playing the background music to distract the other side.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We did it once in high school because of how the opposing team would run their kick returns. That's what it's up to. If the return team starts running back before the kick, then go for it. However, most high school, college, and NFL know to wait for the kick before moving.

I'm sure Simmons would note this in film and run it if he saw it was probable.

I know that they're taught that, but how often does a person see the kicker line up to kick it and his naturally instincts lead him to turn and run?

Kind of like when teams run fake punts where the punter takes two steps like he's going to kick it, the return team turns to run to set up the return, and he just takes off running for the first.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Not to wild about the idea. Maybe try playing the background music to distract the other side.

Maybe do this to distract the other side...

It probably wouldn't work with our cheerleaders though.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Maybe do this to distract the other side...

It probably wouldn't work with our cheerleaders though.

Get Andre Smith to do that. I'm sure it would distract the other team's offense..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know that they're taught that, but how often does a person see the kicker line up to kick it and his naturally instincts lead him to turn and run?

Kind of like when teams run fake punts where the punter takes two steps like he's going to kick it, the return team turns to run to set up the return, and he just takes off running for the first.

Punters normally take off if there's a clear lane for them to get the first down. Very few are designed to run no matter what.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote