Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Will Lose Mixon
At the rate this offensive line is performing. We are in week 2 and his body language said it all today. You can only be met behind the line of scrimmage so many times before you lose your cool. He once again had to make great cuts just to turn a 2-3 yard loss into a 1 yard again. Why this team even tries to run behind Miler/Hart I don’t know. It was a bit redundant watching them being shoved back so deep. Have some effing pride. Mixon is a stud and he is gonna get out of dodge unless the line cleans up their act. The week 1 excuse off SEA was playing the run is out the window at this point. The o-line really needs to man up. And forget the injuries to the o-line, because the right side is worse than the left and yet all our starters are still there.
Reply/Quote
We have a fine history of our best players turning on the team and forcing their way out. I think several of us predicted Mixon would one day do that a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 10:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have a fine history of our best players turning on the team and forcing their way out. I think several of us predicted Mixon would one day do that a couple years ago.

Will be such a waste of so much talent. He leaves then that’s just another position they have to pencil in to address and they already have enough.
Reply/Quote
I was under the impression that Miller was brought in because his run blocking was supposed to be a plus. I'm not seeing it at all so far. Bobby Hart is still Bobby Hart. Price got ran over and received a holding call to add insult to injury.

This team will need a lot more that Jonah Williams to bring the line to respectability. They need to be rebuilt almost entirely. No scheme change or coach can cover what they lack in talent. You can't just sign a bunch of retreads and promote roster backfill then expect them to hold up against even average NFL d-lines. It didn't work lat year and it's not working this year.

Mixon is a casualty of this failure. He's the best young skill player we have, and he's been neutered by poor talent aquisition in both drafting and free agency.
Reply/Quote
This mess is entirely on the front office. They made no effort whatsoever to improve the major deficiencies in th OL and LB positions, especially after jonah was hurt. This season is going to be a very long one.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Confused as to the Gio contract? Sure this was discussed with the money movers.
Reply/Quote
How’s the saying go? Having a great RB behind a shitty OL is like having a brand new windshield wiper on a busted window.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 10:48 PM)Destro Wrote: Confused as to the Gio contract? Sure this was discussed with the money movers.

You didn't read the board? It must have been because they were going to use him A LOT!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 10:41 PM)samhain Wrote: I was under the impression that Miller was brought in because his run blocking was supposed to be a plus. I'm not seeing it at all so far. Bobby Hart is still Bobby Hart. Price got ran over and received a holding call to add insult to injury.

This team will need a lot more that Jonah Williams to bring the line to respectability. They need to be rebuilt almost entirely. No scheme change or coach can cover what they lack in talent. You can't just sign a bunch of retreads and promote roster backfill then expect them to hold up against even average NFL d-lines. It didn't work lat year and it's not working this year.

Mixon is a casualty of this failure. He's the best young skill player we have, and he's been neutered by poor talent aquisition in both drafting and free agency.

Agree thought he was to be solid and yet he keeps getting pushed into the backfield.
Reply/Quote
I once heard a HOF Olineman say: The Oline makes the QB the RB makes the Oline. If Mixon wants to take his injury prone self somewhere else..Good Luck. It's worked out well for Jeremy Hill.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon is no rocket scientist, but he is definitely no dummy.
Reply/Quote
IF mixon ever wants to win a SB, he better get out now. This team is purely BAD!!!

Reply/Quote