Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We Would Have Won If Dunlap and Atkins Played
Can't wait to get our two stud DL back. Would have been a for sure W today if we had one of our highest priced players make even one play today. We need that veteran leadership on D.
Reply/Quote
What?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Can't wait to get our two stud DL back. Would have been a for sure W today if we had one of our highest priced players make even one play today. We need that veteran leadership on D.

How do you figure that?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:26 PM)Destro Wrote: What?

I thought the sarcasm was obvious. Apparently not obvious enough for some
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought the sarcasm was obvious. Apparently not obvious enough for some

Not for this board, no it wasn't. 
Reply/Quote
They both did squat on the last two drives, and played most of them. On fresh legs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: They both did squat on the last two drives, and played most of them. On fresh legs.

And cold legs. No chance to work up a lather, get use to snap counts, set up olineman for moves later on. Add the fact they are both disgruntled and disinterested in playing for these coaches. I wouldn’t expect them to have any impact at this point.

All of this is a product of losing and having an inept HC.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap played.

I only know this because he had an offsides penalty.  Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And cold legs. No chance to work up a lather, get use to snap counts, set up olineman for moves later on. Add the fact they are both disgruntled and disinterested in playing for these coaches. I wouldn’t expect them to have any impact at this point.

Then I wouldn't be on social media running my mouth about it. They haven't done much of anything all year, Atkins' injury notwithstanding. Yeah, no argument, staff leaves a lot to be desired, but these guys are paid BIG money to produce. They simply aren't. Hence some time on the pine. I griped at Marvin for years over not benching underperformers and aging players. It sucks there isn't anyone behind worth a shit, but they haven't warranted much playing time when they had it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap played.

I know because he had an offsides penalty.

That penalty was an absolute joke...... the only pass I would give him today.
Reply/Quote
Cold legs? Those millions in his pockets should be keeping him warm. Think Garret, the Watts or Aaron Donald are less than on the first two drives of a game. First play to last play. Can't win against someone who has been up and down a field all game, you are not elite enough to talk smack, especially at that pay rate.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:45 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Then I wouldn't be on social media running my mouth about it. They haven't done much of anything all year, Atkins' injury notwithstanding. Yeah, no argument, staff leaves a lot to be desired, but these guys are paid BIG money to produce. They simply aren't. Hence some time on the pine. I griped at Marvin for years over not benching underperformers and aging players. It sucks there isn't anyone behind worth a shit, but they haven't warranted much playing time when they had it. 

It’s his way of forcing the team’s hand to trade or release him. Sitting back quietly and being a bench warmer won’t get him off the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap played.

I only know this because he had an offsides penalty.  Facepalm

A BS one. Lawsons was a killer.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Not sure but I believe that Dunlap and Atkins only played on 12 snaps for the defense today against Cleveland.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
25 million spent on 2 third-down situational pass rushers. Yay.
Reply/Quote
They both only played 12 snaps.

Margus Hunt (21) nearly played as many snaps as both of them combined.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They both only played 12 snaps.

Margus Hunt (21) nearly played as many snaps as both of them combined.

Fresh legs and they absolutely did nothing with it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Fresh legs and they absolutely did nothing with it. 

Yeah, that's not really how that works. It's why you don't see 3rd string DL putting up big stats. You need multiple snaps in a row to set up moves against OL.

It also definitely doesn't work that way when the DBs/LBs can't cover long enough for the pass rush to get there and can get by with a quick pass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It’s his way of forcing the team’s hand to trade or release him. Sitting back quietly and being a bench warmer won’t get him off the team.

This is what folks need to understand. The vets are already millionaires. It's no longer about the money. These country boys already been paid! They want out.  
They're done playing for this horrible DC. I'm not exactly happy about their behavior either, but that's how the league works in recent years. Squeaky wheels get the grease.

In the NFL, if you make enough noise you get to move on one way or another. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 09:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, that's not really how that works. It's why you don't see 3rd string DL putting up big stats. You need multiple snaps in a row to set up moves against OL.

It also definitely doesn't work that way when the DBs/LBs can't cover long enough for the pass rush to get there and can get by with a quick pass.

So you're saying they are equivalent to 3rd string DL? Or are you saying 3rd string DL should play more to get more attempts at winning pass rush? Our pass rush has been touted as amazing for the past 5 years. It has not been good in at least the last 3. Geno I am not worried about, but we have no elite DEs and haven't for a long time, and it shows. 
Reply/Quote