Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all know about Hendrickson's streak
(11-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Need to get "Big Spain" under contract quickly.

Not super common for a guy to negiotate a contract with the Bengals during the season. 

Doesn't seem to be a super common thing around the league either.

That being said, Spain's value will never be higher than it is right now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Team record 7 straight game with a sack, but Hubbard has been playing almost as well over that same stretch.

Trey...18 tkls...   5 solo...   8 sacks... 6 TFL... 11 QB hits... 2 FF... 0 FR... 0 PD
Sam..24 tkls... 15 solo... 5.5 sacks... 9 TFL...  9 QB hits... 0 FF... 2 FR... 3 PD

Awesome I was wondering about their numbers. They really feed off each other. Hubbard might not be quite the pass rusher
that Hendrickson is but Hendrickson isn't near as good against the run either. They complement each other's games coming off
the edge. The DT's also have been playing well which helps them immensely, we stop the run which helps our guys get to pin 
their ears back more often than most teams. BJ Hill had a great game against the Steelers, sack and some nice stops.

Hendrickson's 2 Forced fumbles the last 2 games were huge and Sam was right there to pick them up.

Thought Sam would work his ass off this year to get better in his pass rush and he sure did.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Reader.  And Chido.  And Hilton.  And Wilson.  Soon to be....Bates!

On offense?  Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, Uzomah, Williams, Adeniji, Evans, Sample, Carman, Smith, and Prince, are all signed through 2023 season.  That's awesome. 

Yes, we are set for a bit and we are young. Great time to be a Bengals fan. I believe this team is special.

(11-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Need to get "Big Spain" under contract quickly.

No doubt, he will be spendy but worth it. Dude is a great teammate too and defends Burrow like all our OL but Spain is 
pretty intimidating with his size. BEAST, PAY THE BEAST QUINTON SPAIN!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: . BEAST, PAY THE BEAST QUINTON SPAIN!!!

MAKE IT RAIN ON SPAIN!!

[Image: giphy-1.gif?resize=480%2C304&ssl=1]

THROW ME THE MONEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, we are set for a bit and we are young. Great time to be a Bengals fan. I believe this team is special.

No doubt, he will be spendy but worth it. Dude is a great teammate too and defends Burrow like all our OL but Spain is 
pretty intimidating with his size. BEAST, PAY THE BEAST QUINTON SPAIN!!!

I think Bates is still a key part of the team.  Kind of like how I view Chase.  One reason that TD pass to Higgins was there was because the safety was cheating over to Chase.  Like Burrow said:  "I'm going to go where the defense tells me".  Well, I think PFF doesn't know Bates' assignment or fully understand how rarely he is tested.  He has always been a solid tackler (supposedly his big knock coming out of college) and he is so damn smart back there.  

He is younger than Burrow!  

I think Bates and Spain will be key off-season signings.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Bates is still a key part of the team.  Kind of like how I view Chase.  One reason that TD pass to Higgins was there was because the safety was cheating over to Chase.  Like Burrow said:  "I'm going to go where the defense tells me".  Well, I think PFF doesn't know Bates' assignment or fully understand how rarely he is tested.  He has always been a solid tackler (supposedly his big knock coming out of college) and he is so damn smart back there.  

I'm gonna be really upset with them if they don't re-sign Big Spain.
Reply/Quote
Here is a point I have made many times about Hubbard, but this is a good time to revisit it.

In Sam's first two seasons he had 14.5 sacks in 1361 snaps played. And these were not all third down snaps or passing situation snaps.

If you project that rate over his 570 snaps this year you would get 6. So his 7 sacks this year are not really some big breakthrough for him. He has always been pretty good at getting after the QB. His numbers last year (2 sacks in 664 snaps) were an anomaly. Our DTs were invisible last year and our pass coverage weak. This made it really hard for the edge rushers to get many sacks. Lawson was an elite pass rusher and even he struggled to get sacks here last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm gonna be really upset with them if they don't re-sign Big Spain.

I have a good feeling they will.  He doesn't just have the talent, but the right attitude.  

I am not going to say his talent is that of our former first round pick WJIII, but Jackson never quite seemed to buy in to things here, and even took a shot at the organization when he left.  He has been poor for a middling Washington team, and a very poor value, as we are getting better CB play by even Mr. Eli Apple, at about 1/14th the cost.  

Spain has that team-first, high-motor energy that we needed on that offensive line.  I love the guy.  He is a better player at this point in his career, but he reminds me a bit of Mike Daniels, who still works his ass off on the practice squad and will undoubtedly be in TV someday after he retires.  

Spain has been a huge find, and the other Guard spot may be settled with Adeniji.  I don't think Carman is done by any stretch, but what Adeniji has done, coming off injury, and in a position he has never played, is nothing short of amazing.

I also have high hopes for D'Ante Smith and Isiah Prince.  Quality depth is a big deal....And I am sure they will keep adding more through the draft.  But, yes, Spain needs to be here.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have a good feeling they will.  He doesn't just have the talent, but the right attitude.  

I am not going to say his talent is that of our former first round pick WJIII, but Jackson never quite seemed to buy in to things here, and even took a shot at the organization when he left.  He has been poor for a middling Washington team, and a very poor value, as we are getting better CB play by even Mr. Eli Apple, at about 1/14th the cost.  

Spain has that team-first, high-motor energy that we needed on that offensive line.  I love the guy.  He is a better player at this point in his career, but he reminds me a bit of Mike Daniels, who still works his ass off on the practice squad and will undoubtedly be in TV someday after he retires.  

Spain has been a huge find, and the other Guard spot may be settled with Adeniji.  I don't think Carman is done by any stretch, but what Adeniji has done, coming off injury, and in a position he has never played, is nothing short of amazing.

I also have high hopes for D'Ante Smith and Isiah Prince.  Quality depth is a big deal....And I am sure they will keep adding more through the draft.  But, yes, Spain needs to be here.  

Agreed. My biggest worry is that other teams dangle huge amounts of money in front of him. He has that "Mr. Undrafted" attitude and told the world this is the season he is coming in fully healthy, with a full camp, and will show the world what Quentin Spain is about. He has....
As for your points about the other young guys, I have zero worries about them. Adeniji has been here 2 years now, so by this time next year Carman will be on his 2nd year. They all have time to progress instead of being forced in, and by the time Pollack is through with them by the  end of next camp I expect them to be much better. And considering they aren't bad now, that's a great thing.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Bates is still a key part of the team.  Kind of like how I view Chase.  One reason that TD pass to Higgins was there was because the safety was cheating over to Chase.  Like Burrow said:  "I'm going to go where the defense tells me".  Well, I think PFF doesn't know Bates' assignment or fully understand how rarely he is tested.  He has always been a solid tackler (supposedly his big knock coming out of college) and he is so damn smart back there.  

Agree, Bates has been playing much better as of late too but I am glad we didn't sign him prior to the season now unlike I 
was before the season. Bates will be more affordable with his early season play so we should be able to sign both pretty 
easily. These guys are the keys along with bringing Pollack back long term.
Reply/Quote