Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We allowed to talk positives?
Thought Rey Maualuga played his best game as a Bengal. Shawn Williams is a ball player he has a bright future.

Geno was wrecking havoc. I also like what we have at te. Craft made some solid blocks last night
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:39 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Thought Rey Maualuga played his best game as a Bengal. Shawn Williams is a ball player he has a bright future.

Geno was wrecking havoc. I also like what we have at te. Craft made some solid blocks last night

Thanks Marvin. We will watch the tape and get better!
Reply/Quote
I think Burfict proved he was the best player on defense easily last night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:39 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Thought Rey Maualuga played his best game as a Bengal. Shawn Williams is a ball player he has a bright future.

Like more and more what I see out of Williams. We didn't miss a beat when Nelson went out. He is going to be a good player for us. And his hit was totally legal. A missed call by the refs. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Oh yeah, check out the "Claps" thread. 

Of course, some would rather wallow in despair, so you can expect that. 

Vontaze, Williams, McCarron, Green, were all bright spots last night, all undone by some pretty boneheaded mistakes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Thanks Marvin. We will watch the tape and get better!

That seems needlessly over the top and unnecessary.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The best thing of all: Cincinnati is no longer afraid of Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Obviously the entire defensive unit played completely out of their minds, last night.

But, what I was most impressed with was how well McCarron carried himself. Sure, he had a couple of boneheaded plays, like any young QB will. But with the rushing game being completely impotent for most of the game, McCarron showed me that he can be clutch. Putting together 3 4th quarter scoring drives, in the rain, when it looked like we were about to go down in completely humiliating defeat.

Kudos, AJ McCarron.

(that is not to say that I don't completely believe that a healthy Andy Dalton would have absolutely picked the Steeler defense apart, last night)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dunlap is a fantastic player. It's a shame 55 can't keep a level head he is the best linebacker Marvin has had here in Cincinnati and a true difference maker
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: (that is not to say that I don't completely believe that a healthy Andy Dalton would have absolutely picked the Steeler defense apart, last night)

With a healthy Dalton, we would have watched the Chiefs and Pittsburgh last night, and the Bengals would be in the bye mode!!!
Reply/Quote

My biggest take away is we have 2 NFL solid QBS, as we all know some teams don't even have one.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: With a healthy Dalton, we would have watched the Chiefs and Pittsburgh last night, and the Bengals would be in the bye mode!!!

That would have been the biggest difference.  Don't know what Andy would have done last night.  I think he would have played well but you can't be sure.  I do believe Andy would have handily beaten Denver.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Both AJ's were impressive.The defense was very good and even though Eifert dropped a few he did pretty well under pressure. The weather is horrid and its hard for a player to turn out a good performance. I think many of our guys shines.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: With a healthy Dalton, we would have watched the Chiefs and Pittsburgh last night, and the Bengals would be in the bye mode!!!

We may still get to watch the chiefs and pittsburgh....and they Bengals are in bye mode.
Reply/Quote