Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are a better team today.....
than this time last week and thats what you hope for following the draft.

We've improved our depth which is vital but also added some young guys to push the current starters on our roster.

In addition to good football players it looks like we've added high character guys who will be an asset in the locker room.

Regardless of whats happened in the post season, Duke Tobin and Marvin have been one of the leagues best when it comes to the draft!

Once again great job to the Bengals organization can't wait to see what the new crop of players can do!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
If you draft 7 players and get worse you are doing something drastically wrong.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:54 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: If you draft 7 players and get worse you are doing something drastically wrong.

Unfortunately we've had some horrible drafts in the past.......that Id rather not rehash...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:54 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: If you draft 7 players and get worse you are doing something drastically wrong.

Well, that wouldn't have been hard to do if you take in to account that they lost:

Reggie Nelson
Marvin Jones
Mo Sanu
Leon Hall
Wallace Gilberry
Eman Lamur

There are four starters and one very important rotational piece in this group.  They have successfully filled at least some of the void at WR, improved the situation at CB, and improved the situation at LB.  Safety remains to be seen if Derron Smith can be a quality backup at this point and Williams and Iloka and become a potent due.

It is much more than just the +7 draft picks, it is managing the entire team and they have done that extremely well.

Also, I can't wait to see the compensatory picks for those guys next year.  They are getting +4, and hopefully at least one or maybe two are third rounders.  Don't forget that those are trade-able next year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am encouraged by our draft.

I would imagine Eifert will split wide a little more this year. Plus james wright will be playing some outside as well.

I can't wait to see Billings out there ... I so want bengals.com to publish his conference call like they do the others.
Reply/Quote
LOL this thread made me laugh, you would ***** hope so that you become better after the draft. Believe it or not, EVERY team got better after the draft, crazy right?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 11:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, that wouldn't have been hard to do if you take in to account that they lost:

Reggie Nelson
Marvin Jones
Mo Sanu
Leon Hall
Wallace Gilberry
Eman Lamur

There are four starters and one very important rotational piece in this group.  They have successfully filled at least some of the void at WR, improved the situation at CB, and improved the situation at LB.  Safety remains to be seen if Derron Smith can be a quality backup at this point and Williams and Iloka and become a potent due.

It is much more than just the +7 draft picks, it is managing the entire team and they have done that extremely well.

Also, I can't wait to see the compensatory picks for those guys next year.  They are getting +4, and hopefully at least one or maybe two are third rounders.  Don't forget that those are trade-able next year.  

OP clearly stated "since last week" and I dont believe we had any of those players last week right? So yes it was pretty damn easy to become a better team then last week after the draft
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:47 PM)Element Wrote: LOL this thread made me laugh, you would ***** hope so that you become better after the draft. Believe it or not, EVERY team got better after the draft, crazy right?

Perhaps the OP should have rephrased the statement as "We are a better team now, than prior to the offseason".  Some of us would argue that the Bengals will be a better team, with cycling some shelf stock.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:47 AM)corpjet Wrote: than this time last week and thats what you hope for following the draft.

We've improved our depth which is vital but also added some young guys to push the current starters on our roster.

In addition to good football players it looks like we've added high character guys who will be an asset in the locker room.

Regardless of whats happened in the post season, Duke Tobin and Marvin have been one of the leagues best when it comes to the draft!

Once again great job to the Bengals organization can't wait to see what the new crop of players can do!

Duke Tobin for President !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:47 PM)Element Wrote: LOL this thread made me laugh, you would ***** hope so that you become better after the draft. Believe it or not, EVERY team got better after the draft, crazy right?
Except Cleveland who could have 32 1st round picks and still not get better..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote