Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are all being trolled by Cincinnati Sports
The sustained and epic failure of both of these clown show franchises is all the proof I need.

These Franchises are trying to lose intentionally.

That is the only logical rational for the last 25-30 Years of Bengals and Reds performance. The on the field results are actually the least condemning part of this. It is the lack of plan, execution, missed opportunities, awful decisions, and the flagrant inability to take advantage of the opportunities both leagues give these Teams to compete (Draft, Rev Share, TV, Free Agency, Etc.).

They are both incompetent, no one will argue that. I would say they are also intentionally negligent and purposely non-competitive.

The last Bengals playoff win was January 1991.

Since then, the Bengals have played 28 Seasons.

The Last Reds playoff advancement was October of 1995.

Since then, the Reds have played 24 seasons.

That is a collective 52 Cincy Pro Sports Fresh Seasons in a row, and they have not advanced in the postseason one time.

Reds have 5 seasons out of 24 over .500

Bengals have 7 winning seasons over 28 years.

Since 1991 Specifically:

Bengals are the only team with three nine-game-or-more losing streaks. Bengals also holds six of the twenty-five 0-6 starts (24%) and four of the thirteen 0-8 starts (31%) in that time.

The Bengals have gone winless in October nine different times

Additionally, the team has obtained the NFL's longest active drought for playoff wins

In 2009, Yahoo sports ranked Mike Brown as the second worst owner in the NFL.

in 2019, He is dead last.

Prove me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Glad I'm on the older side. When I grew up in Cincy I got to see Bengals in Super Bowls and World Series wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:43 AM)mt415tress Wrote: These Franchises are trying to lose intentionally.  

Prove me wrong.

I don't think an NFL team can have a winning record over a 15 year stretch and make the playoffs more than most other teams if they are intentionally trying to lose.

Both the Reds and Bengals are poorly run franchises, but it is childish to claim they are intentionally trying to lose.  Why do people have to make up this type of stuff?  Why can't we all just agree that they are not good at what they do?  Why do some people have to make it personal?  

It amazes me how much some people feel the need to embellish their victim status.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been around for 51 years and have 5 playoff wins. 2 of those were in the same year TWICE.

So 3 years of rooting for the Bengals would result in a playoff win. And 48 would not.
Reply/Quote
I don't think that's the case at all.
I think it's more just inept and/or stubborn owners who choose to operate their franchises they way they believe it should be done.
Unfortunately, these teams are not owned by the city and therefore there's no way to vote in new ownership if the fans are not satisfied.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  I don't think an NFL team can have a winning record over a 15 year stretch and make the playoffs more than most other teams if they are intentionally trying to lose.

Both the Reds and Bengals are poorly run franchises, but it is childish to claim they are intentionally trying to lose.  Why do people have to make up this type of stuff?  Why can't we all just agree that they are not good at what they do?  Why do some people have to make it personal?  

It amazes me how much some people feel the need to embellish their victim status.

So they're inept and refuse to change in the face of the ineptness...but not intentional?

And I agree...they want to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So they're inept and refuse to change in the face of the ineptness...but not intentional?

And I agree...they want to win.

Yes, that's absolutely correct. This happens with various companies around the world all the time.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Reds and Bengals choose to be inept and piss poor

That’s intentional
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So they're inept and refuse to change in the face of the ineptness...but not intentional?

The Reds have made multiple moves over the last two seasons.

The Bengals have changed coaches, traded for one of the highest paid OTs in the league and signed the leagues leading tackler in free agency.

How about we include reality in the discussion.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:59 PM)mt415tress Wrote: The Reds and Bengals choose to be inept and piss poor

That’s intentional

The Bengals have a winning record over the last 15 years and made the playoffs more than most other teams in the league.

They are not nearly as good as I would want, but it is childish to call them "inept and piss poor".

Sorry if I am threatening your victim status, but it is true.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have a winning record over the last 15 years and made the playoffs more than most other teams in the league.

They are not nearly as good as I would want, but it is childish to call them "inept and piss poor".

Sorry if I am threatening your victim status, but it is true.

You are not threatening anything, I think the Reds and Bungles failures are hilarious. 

After 25+ years of being league Laughingstocks, no one cares any more. 

Both teams are run via nepotism and are the worst run franchise in their respective leagues. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, that's absolutely correct. This happens with various companies around the world all the time.

Companies go out of business though. The Bengals just keep rolling.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Companies go out of business though. The Bengals just keep rolling.

True but not many companies would do revenue sharing for all their franchises. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with a surgeon who regularly worked with the team. He knows Mike Brown fairly well and is familiar with the operation of the team.

I asked him why in the hell don't the Bengals do more when it comes to personnel and other things? Does Mike Brown even care about winning?

He was emphatic in saying that Mike Brown cares deeply about winning and he is a very competitive guy--------- but:

He strongly feels that there is a right way to run a franchise and that is the way he runs it. He won't waiver from that.

Take that for what it's worth, but it explains a lot.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with a surgeon who regularly worked with the team.  He knows Mike Brown fairly well and is familiar with the operation of the team.

I asked him why in the hell don't the Bengals do more when it comes to personnel and other things?  Does Mike Brown even care about winning?

He was emphatic in saying that Mike Brown cares deeply about winning and he is a very competitive guy---------  but:

He strongly feels that there is a right way to run a franchise and that is the way he runs it.  He won't waiver from that.  

Take that for what it's worth, but it explains a lot.

It actually doesnt.

By sheer and dumb luck, you would back into a season of playoff success once every 28 years.   They adapt in the most short-sided, cheap and counter intuitive ways.  It is like they are allergic to good decisions.  It is beyond systemic mismanagement, they try to fail.

Not trading aging assets on a winless team for picks
Refusing to expand scouting and player dev
Tobin, Troy, Katie - Surrounding w nepotism
Refusing to hire a GM 
Refusing to invest in facilities upgrades
Refusing to use free agency 

These are not 'His stubborn ways' . They are intentionally trying to be horrendous 

Reply/Quote
No, the stubbornness thing explains it.
The real world is littered with people from all walks of life who put themselves ahead of all other considerations. It comes in many forms: stubborn pride, endless greed, insatiable lust for power. , To name three. Many, it would seem, would just about choose death over admitting defeat or otherwise changing their ways.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:43 AM)mt415tress Wrote: The sustained and epic failure of both of these clown show franchises is all the proof I need.

These Franchises are trying to lose intentionally.  

That is the only logical rational for the last 25-30 Years of Bengals and Reds performance.  The on the field results are actually the least condemning part of this.  It is the lack of plan, execution, missed opportunities, awful decisions, and the flagrant inability to take advantage of the opportunities both leagues give these Teams to compete (Draft, Rev Share, TV, Free Agency, Etc.).

They are both incompetent, no one will argue that.  I would say they are also intentionally negligent and purposely non-competitive.

The last Bengals playoff win was January 1991.

Since then, the Bengals have played 28 Seasons.

The Last Reds playoff advancement was October of 1995.

Since then, the Reds have played 24 seasons.  

That is a collective 52 Cincy Pro Sports Fresh Seasons in a row, and they have not advanced in the postseason one time.

Reds have 5 seasons out of 24 over .500

Bengals have 7 winning seasons over 28 years.

Since 1991 Specifically:

Bengals are the only team with three nine-game-or-more losing streaks. Bengals also holds six of the twenty-five 0-6 starts (24%) and four of the thirteen 0-8 starts (31%) in that time.

The Bengals have gone winless in October nine different times  

Additionally, the team has obtained the NFL's longest active drought for playoff wins

In 2009, Yahoo sports ranked Mike Brown as the second worst owner in the NFL.

in 2019, He is dead last.

Prove me wrong.

It's beyond pretty damn pathetic, isn't it?

I wonder if any other city has had to endure anything like this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The difference between the two though over the years....

The Reds have been wayyyyy better with fan relations than the Clown family has done
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Reds have made multiple moves over the last two seasons.

Walt Jocketty is still part of the FO. 
All of Walt's failed GM buddies are still part of the FO.
An Owner's son is still President of Baseball Operations/partial GM.
The son of a Reds FO guy is the Manager.

The Reds have only made moves towards even more nepotism and cronyism which is what got them in this mess in the first place. They still suck at scouting, drafting, international signing, trading, and developing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:33 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Glad I'm on the older side. When I grew up in Cincy I got to see Bengals in Super Bowls and World Series wins.

Man that WS was AWESOME! I remember everyone saying the Reds didn’t stand a chance. It was a great time to be a Cincy fan.
Reply/Quote