Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are being coached by a millennial
Just reading his comments. It is coming out. It’s like we are all winners. Standing does not count.
”We shouldn't feel like a 0-7 team”
“That's what our record is, but that's not how we should feel”
Every body is a winner. Just have to try. Or as zac says keep fighting this one is mine
“You see fans that are upset, and that's a positive in my opinion.”. Wtf. I know he went on to say it means they care.

Well they should just hug it out and try. Sorry just see the 90’s again. Sure some things were fun like being paid to fly ?. But following the bengals was hart breaking.

I believe hat we have now is the front office GM, lack of a real scouting department. Owner not knowing sh#t form shinola when it comes to football talent and decisions.

I still give coach 3 years but it’s going to be hard.
Reply/Quote
He's just a bad coach that's failed as an OC 2 previous stops.
Reply/Quote
I’m not mad at Zac Taylor. I am, however, upset with whoever hired him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kyle Shanahan is only a few years older than Taylor, and he might be giving Belichick a run for his money as the best HC in the league right now. McVay is no slouch either. I don’t care about his age. What bothers me most is his choices for his coaching staff. The writing was on the wall, we all just didn’t want to see it.

Reply/Quote
It's like he's delusional. 'We shouldn't be 0-7.'

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
“The 49ers beat us up ... but we put ourselves in position to win some of these games in the fourth quarter,” Taylor said at his Monday news conference, keeping his optimism intact and suggesting they’re not as hopeless as some people think.
-------
The Bengals are not only last in the league in running the ball, they’re also last in stopping the run. Leonard Fournette ran for 131 yards Sunday, and the Jaguars piled up 216 overall on the ground.

"It doesn't mean there's not progress being made," Taylor said.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's like he's delusional. 'We shouldn't be 0-7.'

He's right, they shouldn't be 0-7. They shouldn't be 7-0 either, but they should have pulled out at least 1-2 wins by now. Seattle and yesterday (pre-meltdown) at a minimum.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:56 PM)Ravage Wrote: He's right, they shouldn't be 0-7. They shouldn't be 7-0 either, but they should have pulled out at least 1-2 wins by now. Seattle and yesterday (pre-meltdown) at a minimum.

Yeah...if they had better coaching. Made plays, etc. We're 0-7.

IF I didn't make mistakes playing chess...I'd be a championship chess player.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:56 PM)Ravage Wrote: He's right, they shouldn't be 0-7. They shouldn't be 7-0 either, but they should have pulled out at least 1-2 wins by now. Seattle and yesterday (pre-meltdown) at a minimum.

Dave Shula's 1992 Bengals won 5 games...and also lost 5 games by 7 points or less.

Yes...they could have won 10 games with a few 'breaks'.
Reply/Quote
We've been failing for a majority of the past 30 years due to our owner who is a member of the highly respected Silent Generation, but yes, let's hear how millennials ruined the Bengals in addition to everything else on this earth.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kyle Shanahan is only a few years older than Taylor, and he might be giving Belichick a run for his money as the best HC in the league right now. McVay is no slouch either. I don’t care about his age. What bothers me most is his choices for his coaching staff. The writing was on the wall, we all just didn’t want to see it.

I know I convinced myself everything was ok.  Sick

And I must admit I didn't see this coming at all. Don't get me wrong, I had no illusions we were gonna be all Super Bowl bound. I knew we would have "growing pains". 

But man every aspect of this team is a train wreck and the coaching staff is for sure a big part of the blame.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 09:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: “The 49ers beat us up ... but we put ourselves in position to win some of these games in the fourth quarter,” Taylor said at his Monday news conference, keeping his optimism intact and suggesting they’re not as hopeless as some people think.
-------
The Bengals are not only last in the league in running the ball, they’re also last in stopping the run. Leonard Fournette ran for 131 yards Sunday, and the Jaguars piled up 216 overall on the ground.

"It doesn't mean there's not progress being made," Taylor said.

I guess it depends on how you define progress. You'd have to have a pretty perverted definition of it to pretend there's been any progress at all after you go from 6-10 to 0-7 in less than a year.

Reply/Quote
An even younger millennial took his team to the Super Bowl last year lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I guess it depends on how you define progress. You'd have to have a pretty perverted definition of it to pretend there's been any progress at all after you go from 6-10 to 0-7 in less than a year.

We're going backwards because we are a lazy franchise that put a QB coach in charge and figured we'd just hope for the best.  ZT's age has nothing to do with it...case in point, we have stunk for a long time thanks to a guy who was born in the "work hard and shut up" 1930s.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're going backwards because we are a lazy franchise that put a QB coach in charge and figured we'd just hope for the best.  ZT's age has nothing to do with it...case in point, we have stunk for a long time thanks to a guy who was born in the "work hard and shut up" 1930s.

ZT's age is irrelevant, I agree. But he is now part of the problem. He bought into Mike Brown's "I want to win" talk, when everyone in Cinci could have told him it was all BS coming from that old farts mouth.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I guess it depends on how you define progress. You'd have to have a pretty perverted definition of it to pretend there's been any progress at all after you go from 6-10 to 0-7 in less than a year.

You'd have to have a come a long to stretch anything this team is doing into progress. We're like the 27th ranked offense, 31st ranked defense. The announcers said yesterday when we scored that first TD that was our first 1st half TD in 5 games ! We haven't scored a 1st drive TD in how many games ? 14 ? 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're going backwards because we are a lazy franchise that put a QB coach in charge and figured we'd just hope for the best.  ZT's age has nothing to do with it...case in point, we have stunk for a long time thanks to a guy who was born in the "work hard and shut up" 1930s.

It's very deflating knowing we have about as much a chance as a snowball in hell under our current GM.  Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You'd have to have a come a long to stretch anything this team is doing into progress. We're like the 27th ranked offense, 31st ranked defense. The announcers said yesterday when we scored that first TD that was our first 1st half TD in 5 games ! We haven't scored a 1st drive TD in how many games ? 14 ? 

I can see it now, after Miami rolls over and plays their 3rd stringers against us and the Bengals get their only win of the season, ZT comes out and says, "See, I told you we were progressing."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: ZT's age is irrelevant, I agree. But he is now part of the problem. He bought into Mike Brown's "I want to win" talk, when everyone in Cinci could have told him it was all BS coming from that old farts mouth.

ZT and Mike Brown both know what this organization does isn't conducive to winning football games.
Reply/Quote
“Feeling better about ourselves” is not progress. 0-7 is not progress. Ripping out the Steelers’ hearts, squashing them on the 50 yard line, and defeating them is progress.
Reply/Quote