Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are being punished in the power rankings due to success
(06-06-2022, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I'm not counting the Chiefs out either. The Raiders ? umm maybe

Yeah, but the Chiefs shouldn't be as good as they were last season and that Division is the most stacked in the NFL right now with 
Russell Wilson going to the Broncos, Devante Adams going to the Raiders and FA overall for those teams. Derek Carr should have a 
monster year with Devante and all those weapons. Their D isn't bad either with Mad Maxx and company.

I could see the Chiefs being the bottom dwellers in that Division. Losing Tyreek and paying Mahomes so much is going to hurt them.

Their roster will suffer, Mahomes cannot do it all.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I'm not counting the Chiefs out either. The Raiders ? umm maybe

The Raiders added Adams while the Chiefs lost Hill. And that Raiders team made the playoffs with an interim HC. As crazy as it sounds - I could actually see the Chiefs finishing last in that division. A lot will depend on how much Wilson has left in the tank in Denver, but that defense is legit. Only team that shut our wideouts down last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, but the Chiefs shouldn't be as good as they were last season and that Division is the most stacked in the NFL right now with 
Russell Wilson going to the Broncos, Devante Adams going to the Raiders and FA overall for those teams. Derek Carr should have a 
monster year with Devante and all those weapons. Their D isn't bad either with Mad Maxx and company.

I could see the Chiefs being the bottom dwellers in that Division. Losing Tyreek and paying Mahomes so much is going to hurt them.

Their roster will suffer, Mahomes cannot do it all.

Chiefs won't suffer, IMO.

JuJu and Skyy Moore likely won't put up individually what Hill can, but I think the combo of JJSS and Hardman outside with Kelce and Moore inside and CEH out of the backfield gives Mahomes plenty of good options.

He'll have to spread the ball out more, but I think that's still a very potent offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Raiders added Adams while the Chiefs lost Hill. And that Raiders team made the playoffs with an interim HC. As crazy as it sounds - I could actually see the Chiefs finishing last in that division. A lot will depend on how much Wilson has left in the tank in Denver, but that defense is legit. Only team that shut our wideouts down last year.

All 4 teams from the AFC West could end up making the playoffs this year, realistically.
They all could be better than the non-division winners from the AFC South, East, and North.

I could see Denver and Chargers replacing the Pats and Steelers from last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 06:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chiefs won't suffer, IMO.

JuJu and Skyy Moore likely won't put up individually what Hill can, but I think the combo of JJSS and Hardman outside with Kelce and Moore inside and CEH out of the backfield gives Mahomes plenty of good options.

He'll have to spread the ball out more, but I think that's still a very potent offense.

That is all true about the Offense. But what about the Defense?

I wasn't all that impressed with their D last year...
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is all true about the Offense. But what about the Defense?

And they lost a big piece in the Honey Badger, too.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is all true about the Offense. But what about the Defense?

(06-07-2022, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And they lost a big piece in the Honey Badger, too.

While they lost Mathieu, they added Justin Reid in FA, and they added Karlaftis, Bryan Cook, Leo Chanel, and Trent McDuffie in the draft.
I think at least Karlaftis and McDuffie will make an impact from the draft class right away.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 02:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And they lost a big piece in the Honey Badger, too.

Yep.

(06-07-2022, 09:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While they lost Mathieu, they added Justin Reid in FA, and they added Karlaftis, Bryan Cook, Leo Chanel, and Trent McDuffie in the draft.
I think at least Karlaftis and McDuffie will make an impact from the draft class right away.

They did have a great Draft. I liked all those guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 01:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep.

They did have a great Draft. I liked all those guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see rookie Skyy Moore take snaps from Hardman and possibly earn more from there; especially the short slant stuff that Hill did.   
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2022, 04:17 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see rookie Skyy Moore take snaps from Hardman and possibly earn more from there; especially the short slant stuff that Hill did.   

Wouldn't surprise me either. Skyy Moore is in a great situation as a rookie. That Offense is always one of the best.

I just think the Defense will take a bit with the young players and with how much they are paying Mahomes good players will 
leave cause they simply won't be able to pay them. If the Chiefs are going to stay one of the top teams they are going to have
to keep that up and draft extremely well and coach up the youth.
Reply/Quote