Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are the destination
What a difference a season makes. The script has completely flipped for our Bengals and it's been amazing to watch. Win or lose Sunday, this season has made us a top spot for FA's. We should have our pick of the litter. Everybody loves Burrow and the Bengals right now, even the people who are picking the Rams to win all seem to love our team and Burrow. It has been fun to watch all the hype.

With a young core, some cap space and moves that could be made, we are setup really good for the future right now. We should have no problem finding some better blockers for next season. This team will be unstoppable.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Our Bengals have as bright of future as any team in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:02 PM)bengaloo Wrote: What a difference a season makes. The script has completely flipped for our Bengals and it's been amazing to watch. Win or lose Sunday, this season has made us a top spot for FA's. We should have our pick of the litter. Everybody loves Burrow and the Bengals right now, even the people who are picking the Rams to win all seem to love our team and Burrow. It has been fun to watch all the hype.

With a young core, some cap space and moves that could be made, we are setup really good for the future right now. We should have no problem finding some better blockers for next season. This team will be unstoppable.

Who Dey

Yep, go out there and get the best O-lineman available regardless of cost. Only need a couple players. Quality over quantity.

They will want to come here now. We have one weakness honestly as long as we take care of our own in FA.

We solidify the OL in front of Burrow and Mixon and this team should be the SB frontrunner in the offseason regardless if we 
win or lose on Superbowl Sunday. Sounds like we will be extending our entire coaching staff so that will be in place and we 
have lots of good young players in place already. We should be better next season, we are young and will only be gaining 
experience as we grow.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:02 PM)bengaloo Wrote: What a difference a season makes. The script has completely flipped for our Bengals and it's been amazing to watch. Win or lose Sunday, this season has made us a top spot for FA's. We should have our pick of the litter. Everybody loves Burrow and the Bengals right now, even the people who are picking the Rams to win all seem to love our team and Burrow. It has been fun to watch all the hype.

Who Dey

YES PLEASE

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, go out there and get the best O-lineman available regardless of cost. Only need a couple players. Quality over quantity.

They will want to come here now. We have one weakness honestly as long as we take care of our own in FA.

We solidify the OL in front of Burrow and Mixon and this team should be the SB frontrunner in the offseason regardless if we 
win or lose on Superbowl Sunday. Sounds like we will be extending our entire coaching staff so that will be in place and we 
have lots of good young players in place already. We should be better next season, we are young and will only be gaining 
experience as we grow.

I agree that players will be itching to come here now and play with an offense this explosive and guys will want to be blocking for Joe Burrow knowing that he can make any throw but can also scramble if they happen to miss a block. Guys want to play for a leader like that. They'l also want to play for a guy that is the next big thing. Everyone knows that we weren't projected to do anything this year with our over/under for wins set at 6.5 and they'll know that anything is possible with Burrow under center.

They will also want to block for a back like Mixon, especially coming off of a Super Bowl win (the SB win goes for Burrow also).

Not only those two, but also knowing that they'll be on the same offense as Chase, who has the potential to be one of the all-time greats, and then also Boyd and Higgins (and even CJ!).

I also think Taylor is going to play a big role because free agents are going to see a young coach that players want to play for.

This might not matter, but I'm hoping that all the money Mike Brown makes off the SB win lets him invest some money back into the team with a practice bubble, rehab facility, weight room, and everything of that matter. Things might not be as bad as we all say, but I just think those could make us even more attractive in visits and be the icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree that players will be itching to come here now and play with an offense this explosive and guys will want to be blocking for Joe Burrow knowing that he can make any throw but can also scramble if they happen to miss a block. Guys want to play for a leader like that. They'l also want to play for a guy that is the next big thing. Everyone knows that we weren't projected to do anything this year with our over/under for wins set at 6.5 and they'll know that anything is possible with Burrow under center.

They will also want to block for a back like Mixon, especially coming off of a Super Bowl win (the SB win goes for Burrow also).

Not only those two, but also knowing that they'll be on the same offense as Chase, who has the potential to be one of the all-time greats, and then also Boyd and Higgins (and even CJ!).

I also think Taylor is going to play a big role because free agents are going to see a young coach that players want to play for.

This might not matter, but I'm hoping that all the money Mike Brown makes off the SB win lets him invest some money back into the team with a practice bubble, rehab facility, weight room, and everything of that matter. Things might not be as bad as we all say, but I just think those could make us even more attractive in visits and be the icing on the cake.

With Zac Taylor, he just needed to start winning. He was always likeable. None of our players gave up on him, they saw 
something in him that lots didn't who never saw him at work. Zac is outcoaching great coaches this season, this is huge 
and the main reason I want him around for a long time. He is young and still learning.

This honestly was what I wanted to see happen more than anything this season, but it has been even better than I hoped.

I think Zac Taylor can outcoach Sean McVay and I am not even kidding...
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Zac Taylor can outcoach Sean McVay and I am not even kidding...

We are going to find out Sunday. But he has outcoached Andy Reid twice this year. I think the reason he is learning so fast is because Joe calls him out when he makes mistakes and vice versa. Their communication and respect for each others opinion makes a big difference. I think the locker room is pretty open door type of communication. The players know they can discuss strategies and angst towards this or that as long as it's respectful and constructive. Zac listens.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to find out Sunday. But he has outcoached Andy Reid twice this year. I think the reason he is learning so fast is because Joe calls him out when he makes mistakes and vice versa. Their communication and respect for each others opinion makes a big difference. I think the locker room is pretty open door type of communication. The players know they can discuss strategies and angst towards this or that as long as it's respectful and constructive. Zac listens.

Zac also outcoached Vrable and the HC of the Raiders who did a fine job this season. But yeah, I think having Burrow definitely
helps with his brilliant mind. Brian Callahan as well who is doing a good job. Bottom line it is a great foundation to start with.

Good times ahead. Wink
Reply/Quote
It's certainly an exciting time to be a Bengals fan. Remember this though- free agents are looking to get paid first and foremost. And "regardless of cost" can be a risky approach to free agency. We have hit on a number of free agents, but with only a couple excpetions those hits have been in the moderate to low price range. Waynes was a big whiff due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:10 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: It's certainly an exciting time to be a Bengals fan.  Remember this though- free agents are looking to get paid first and foremost.  And "regardless of cost" can be a risky approach to free agency.  We have hit on a number of free agents, but with only a couple excpetions those hits have been in the moderate to low price range.  Waynes was a big whiff due to injury.

Thats true, sure would be cool tho if we forked out the dough for some proven FA's like James Daniels and Morgan Moses.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, go out there and get the best O-lineman available regardless of cost. Only need a couple players. Quality over quantity.

experience as we grow.

Not sure we need the best no matter the cost, in my opinion we have 3 spots on the oline that need upgraded. C RG RT.

Hopefully we address 2 of these in FA.
Reply/Quote
Burrow cannot be sacked another 50+ times it only takes 1 time to ruin the season.... spend what it takes and get the job done.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:17 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow cannot be sacked another 50+ times it only takes 1 time to ruin the season.... spend what it takes and get the job done.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to find out Sunday. But he has outcoached Andy Reid twice this year.

Good point, HD! Zac Taylor has outcoached Andy Reid twice as you said but he also outcoached Mike Tomlin twice and Jim Harbaugh twice.

In 2019 and 2020 I doubted Zac Taylor. I wanted him gone. In 2021 he proved me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Invest in the offensive line and this offense is unstoppable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Currently accepting applications from All Pro Offensive Linemen.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are going to find out Sunday. But he has outcoached Andy Reid twice this year. I think the reason he is learning so fast is because Joe calls him out when he makes mistakes and vice versa. Their communication and respect for each others opinion makes a big difference. I think the locker room is pretty open door type of communication. The players know they can discuss strategies and angst towards this or that as long as it's respectful and constructive. Zac listens.

(02-08-2022, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zac also outcoached Vrable and the HC of the Raiders who did a fine job this season. But yeah, I think having Burrow definitely
helps with his brilliant mind. Brian Callahan as well who is doing a good job. Bottom line it is a great foundation to start with.

Good times ahead. Wink

Zac also ain't afraid to say...you know what, I effed that up. We'll learn and move on. I think that resonates with your players. He also leans on them to police themselves. We hired you to do a job, do it the best way you can inside the system. It's like a good crew in the real world. This staff is learning and growing too....and they're also very young, except for a few on defense. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure we need the best no matter the cost, in my opinion we have 3 spots on the oline that need upgraded.  C RG RT.

Hopefully we address 2 of these in FA.

I mean it would only be 2 Free Agents, if we can get the best 2 out of the FA market that would be fantastic and we probably
could afford it. Don't overpay obviously, as we know a player could turn out like Waynes and never play.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Zac also ain't afraid to say...you know what, I effed that up. We'll learn and move on. I think that resonates with your players. He also leans on them to police themselves. We hired you to do a job, do it the best way you can inside the system. It's like a good crew in the real world. This staff is learning and growing too....and they're also very young, except for a few on defense. 

No doubt. Players respect that. I know I sure as heck do. When someone cannot admit they are wrong that is a big problem.

The youth is what makes this team such a great destination. The HC is young and can learn on the fly with the players.
Reply/Quote
Interestingly, Rob Gronkowski was asked if he were to play beyond Brady’s retirement what QB would he want to play with…he said Burrow. He won’t be the only one, we will be a destination and that will offer some really cool opportunities to get guys chasing rings.
Reply/Quote