Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are the destination
(02-08-2022, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I mean it would only be 2 Free Agents, if we can get the best 2 out of the FA market that would be fantastic and we probably
could afford it. Don't overpay obviously, as we know a player could turn out like Waynes and never play.

My point was not breaking the bank on just one guy, but I would be ecstatic with 2 home runs!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:23 AM)casear2727 Wrote: My point was not breaking the bank on just one guy, but I would be ecstatic with 2 home runs!

For sure. Just saying we can afford the 2 best OL in FA and that is what we should aim for.

After this we just need to think about our own in Bates, BJ Hill, Ogunjobi and company. Keep what we got together while adding 
the best possible O-lineman through FA which will completely open up the Draft. We aren't far away obviously.
Reply/Quote
As I’ve mentioned in a post, why not trade our draft picks for proven talent.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:43 AM)PocketAces32 Wrote: As I’ve mentioned in a post, why not trade our draft picks for proven talent.

Because we are operating in a temporary world of free cap space due to so many rookie contracts.

We need the 4-5 year rookie contracts to offset the re-signs we have coming - Jonah, Wilson, Pratt, Tee and then Burrow, Chase, Mixon

Anyone we trade for draft picks will be good but come with multi-year high cost salaries.  The draft this year and next will be key to sustained success.  The more young guys with 1st contracts we get to produce the better we will survive the potential loss of Higgins or Boyd or whomever, because a time will come that we cannot afford who we have now, not to mention the Oline FA's we hopefully sign this offseason.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 12:42 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure. Just saying we can afford the 2 best OL in FA and that is what we should aim for.

After this we just need to think about our own in Bates, BJ Hill, Ogunjobi and company. Keep what we got together while adding 
the best possible O-lineman through FA which will completely open up the Draft. We aren't far away obviously.

and this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
After all these years it’s a nice feeling to trust the FO to hit some home runs.
Reply/Quote