Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We aren’t finished yet
The last time the Bengals were 3-5 in 2012 they rallied and went 7-1 the rest of the way and made the playoffs. I know it’s been rough but we aren’t finished yet
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:00 PM)Trademark Wrote: The last time the Bengals were 3-5 in 2012 they rallied and went 7-1 the rest of the way and made the playoffs. I know it’s been rough but we aren’t finished yet

I really hope you're kidding. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:04 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I really hope you're kidding. 

How are historical facts kidding...

We aren't done yet we have 8 games to go...  Its doubtful they go 7-1 over that stretch this time.  But stranger things have happened in the NFL...

point in case  AJ Green throwing punches... lol
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 06:00 PM)Trademark Wrote: The last time the Bengals were 3-5 in 2012 they rallied and went 7-1 the rest of the way and made the playoffs. I know it’s been rough but we aren’t finished yet

Did you not see last Sunday's game?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Trademark,

I admire your optimism, I really do. But this team has more than 2 more loses coming, and that's the absolute max they can lose in the 2nd half.

Here's to miracles though  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do u even watch the games bro?

Did we have a good offensive line the year we finished 7-1?

i bet we had a better line than we do now. We won't go 7-1. Bengals will be lucky to beat the browns and go 4-12 this year.

The last time the entire offensive line was this bad was the 90s. Sorry Trademark. i know you're hopeful, but even God himself can't make this offensive line play better this year.
Reply/Quote

WE punted the whole 4th quarter accepting defeat, accepting we aren't a play-off team.  We didn't try to come back and win because we knew we couldn't.  The score was not that bad, other teams come back from that score.   The problem was and is that every play called there is no blocking.  None of the running plays or pass plays in the playbook, out of the thousands of plays they have, not one, not one single one could work without blocking.  Jacksonville knew it and Bengals knew it.  So Bengals were content to punt all 4th quarter and call it a game and call it a season.  

The FAT LADY is SINGING....It is OVER.....it was finished way before the Jacksonville game ended.....and maybe it was finished when Mike Brown, Pete, Katie, Paul Jr, Troy, Andrew, Eric and all the family members went cheap on this team in the off season again.   The money they didn't spend on blocking and players can collect in their Swiss Bank account or whatever they do with the money they refuse to spend and keep in the family.  They really have little overhead with all these family members on the payroll, they are only paying themselves.  Do they get a payroll tax deduction for paying themselves.  It wouldn't surprise me. 

Anyway, I'm doing you a favor telling you the team packed it in Sunday punting all 2nd half and never going for it on 4th down.  They conceded the game and season and they have thrown in the towel to stop the fight. It Is FINISHED. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Im one of the more optimistic posters on here stick a fork in us were done. Its sad outside of the top 4 in the AFC their are a bunch of garbage teams a couple of those teams will get to at least 8 wins sadly it wont be us
Reply/Quote
no way we get 8 wins, No way

4 to 5 maximum. 4 would not be surprising. I also won't be surprised if it is only 3 wins.

If the Colts can dominate our lines, what do you think is going to happen with Titans, Broncos, Steelers ( we already know),Bears, Vikings , Lions and Ravens ( they already dominated our lines and will do so again).

Cleveland D is going to shut down our offense this time around. We will need to win that game on turnovers.

This year is an unmitigated disaster because of scrooge personnel policies that have wasted the talents of Dalton, AJ , Mixon and Gio.

Alexander is a disaster and time has passed him by.

Marv should have been fired 3 or 4 times already - but he had a contract!

I had no empathy at all as they were getting embarrassed by Jags last week.

The owners of the organization have fully earned this horrible year and I hope it results in season ticket holders  not renewing their tickets.
Reply/Quote
who dey!! We are going to win out. Once you hit rock bottom you can only go up. so here we come U.S. Bank Stadium. (Dec 17). I for one will renew my season ticket today. Because I love getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly.

Like I always tell Steelers fans. Its easy to be a fan when your team is a winner. Try being a fan of a team that can go decades without playoff win. In Marv we trust because we have to.
Reply/Quote
The only two teams I can see this embarrassment of a team beating are unfortunately the two teams we absolutely don't want to beat. Handing better draft picks to Baltimore and Cleveland would be the most Pyrrhic of victories (and very like the Bengals)
Reply/Quote

Didn't you hear? This is currently no place for optimism. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I didn't see Jax as the end all game. Figured they needed to win two of the three road games and then beat Cleveland here to be sitting at 6-5 and have a puncher's chance. We're not beating Pit or winning up at the crystal palace, but Chicago is beatable and, as a longtime Lions fan, I can I assure that they are most capable of imploding in December. That gets us to eight wins. Take care of the Ratbirds and boom: nine wins. Now, if they lose either game this Sunday or next, and then I'll be ready to shovel the dirt on the season.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
To be fair we can’t get much worse but this team is doomed and has been all year. At best we finish 8-8 but this team could finish 4-12 and i wouldn’t be shocked
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Reply/Quote
Our run game is absolutely horrible. We can't pass the ball either. We've scored over one offensive TD exactly once this year and it was against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Our defense can make it happen but I just don't see it. The 12 line was better Zeitler, Smith(in his prime), Boiling, and Whitworth. They were all good players only poor spot was center but cook and Robinson were both better than Bodine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
With this Oline and coaching staff we are finished. Sorry.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

The Bengals were 3-5 a couple of times in the 90s and promptly played for a top 10 draft pick.

What's more likely this year? Playoffs or top 10 pick

Reply/Quote
Oh good. Denny found this place Whatever
Reply/Quote