Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We better get Uzomah..
If Dalton didn't throw such a crappy pass in Miami when they were in the Red Zone, Uzomah would have a TD already..Just sayin'
Reply/Quote
Is Uzomah the new Dan Coats?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Doesn't Uzomah play without gloves? They need to make him put a pair on....

Just when it was raining at the Pittsburgh game.

Kroft was gloveless as well.

(10-06-2016, 09:40 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Is Uzomah the new Dan Coats?

See, bs like this needs to stop and not because I'm a fan of the guy, but because Dan Coats can't touch Ceej with a 50 foot pole; two completely different players and one has vastly superior ability than the other (one was a rock that could block somewhat, the other is one of the best athletes among TEs in the league, that can actually break a big play).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just when it was raining at the Pittsburgh game.

See, bs like this needs to stop and not because I'm a fan of the guy, but because Dan Coats can't touch Ceej with a 50 foot pole; two completely different players and one has vastly superior ability than the other (one was a rock that could block somewhat, the other is one of the best athletes among TEs in the league, that can actually break a big play).

Pump the brakes man, Uzomah hasn't done anything to prove he's one of the best athletic tight ends.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:52 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Pump the brakes man, Uzomah hasn't done anything to prove he's one of the best athletic tight ends.

2nd fastest 40 of TEs coming out last year, 4th best broad jump, great shuttle/cone times, decent 19 reps on BP.

He is, indeed, one of the most athletic; doesn't mean that translates to his ability as a player, but Coats wasn't even close to the athlete that Ceej is, not to mention at 6'6 270ish, he's a big TE, whereas Coats was 6'3 250 or whatever.
Reply/Quote
Uzomah actually kinda reminds me of Gresham minus the bone head penalties. He has some things to work on for sure, but I'll take him over a Daniel Coats any time.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 2nd fastest 40 of TEs coming out last year, 4th best broad jump, great shuttle/cone times, decent 19 reps on BP.

He is, indeed, one of the most athletic; doesn't mean that translates to his ability as a player, but Coats wasn't even close to the athlete that Ceej is, not to mention at 6'6 270ish, he's a big TE, whereas Coats was 6'3 250 or whatever.

Doing it in the underwear olympics doesn't mean he can do it on the field during a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 10:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just when it was raining at the Pittsburgh game.

With the new (as opposed to the olden days) receivers gloves, it's harder not to catch a ball than it is to catch one. They need to make him put a pair on and leave them on......
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with you, Nate.  Uzomah is catching up with the pro game, just not fast enough for most of our liking.  I've seen him make some tough catches, it seems he drops the easy ones.  That tells me one thing, that he's looking past the catch, and what he will do after he catches the ball.  Just need to get him to focus on securing the catch, before dazzling the world with his athletic brilliance.  Didn't Gresham have a similar irritating habit, when he was young?

The drops may have resulted in fewer overall targets, but I feel confident that he and Andy, as well as the coaching staff are working hard to remedy this problem.  All it takes is a few clutch receptions in key situations to erase a lot of bad memories.

Gresham had a few drops early but he wasn't as bad as some say. Still i agree with everything you say here.

Uzomah actually is a lot more talented than Gresham IMHO. Bigger, faster, not as good of hands yet but as you
also said the way he has dropped the easy ones cause he is not focusing can be fixed. Understandable to get too
excited and get ahead of yourself early in your career when you get a shot.

Precisely right also about making some plays will erase the bad memories no question..

(10-06-2016, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I realize Kroft is coming off an injury, but what happened here?  It is like Uzomah passed him on the depth chart?  How about mixing in some targets for both of them out of a two TE set?  That formation should also help the running game?  If Kroft is never targeted, he never has to be accounted for by the defense.

And where is my favorite play?  (If you haven't read a post in 5 years, it is the TE screen, that goes for 10 yards EVERY TIME THEY RUN IT)  I love watching a TE flatten a tiny DB.  The Bengals execute this play so well with their personnel (linemen get out and block well for it) but as soon as they get 10 yards, it goes back in the playbook never to be seen or heard from again for at least 6 games.

And I do love Hewitt getting a checkdown when he is lined up at FB....solid hands and good at moving the sticks.

I said it in another thread but almost all of Kroft's catches last year were made with AJM at QB, might take a bit
for him and Dalton to get on the same page as it has with all these new weapons. This all should improve as the
season goes on and the weapons and OL gel.

Love the TE screen as well and Eifert and Gresham were great at it and who is to say Uzi and Kroft couldn't be
plus it gives them confidence early in the game. Definately need to see this play more.

Same here on Hewitt, dude is the best H-back in the league right now if used correctly since Reese got cut.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:09 AM)WildCat Wrote: b/c that worked out well for palmer and gresham in arizona under bruce arians. uzomah needs a real TE's coach. the Bengals don't have one. your carson love is simpling pissing most of us off at this point. he's not WINNING again! c'mon man.

What the hell does Carson Palmer have to do with this topic?  I didn't even bring him up, you did.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 02:12 AM)WildCat Wrote: why is isn't it a fair comparison to the same position of TE? why? b/c you say he played in a spread offense? give us proof or stfu.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine..

It will be so fun watching UK fans crying when their basketball team fails to win a NC this March! Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aren't you just a ray of sunshine..

It will be so fun watching UK fans crying when their basketball team fails to win a NC this March! Hilarious

What's the saying again??...

"Hell hath no fury like a UK basketball fan scorned"
Reply/Quote
I miss Greshams "availability" ! Say what you want about him but he was available on game day.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 09:13 PM)John Shaft Wrote: I  miss Greshams "availability" ! Say what you want about him but he was available on game day.

Well, he is down the road.  Can't live in the past, gotta roll with who we have on the roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Uzomah is a third string TE. He is what he is. He's young and could improve a bit but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Kroft is just a tad better but suffice it to say, we need a good TE in the red zone. I think we are going to have to wait.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:46 PM)JumboTron Wrote: What's the saying again??...

"Hell hath no fury like a UK basketball fan scorned"

You said it...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 09:28 PM)James Brooks Wrote: Uzomah is a third string TE. He is what he is. He's young and could improve a bit but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Kroft is just a tad better but suffice it to say, we need a good TE in the red zone. I think we are going to have to wait.

Evidently not.
Reply/Quote
I've seen good things from Uz. They'll get the syncing down. He will score a TD or two against Dallas.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Evidently not.

Nah, Kroft is clearly better. He was taken higher in the draft, and he doesnt have a drop problem and he's just as good of a blocker. The coaches just let Uzi play more because they play favoritism. Btw I'm not being serious.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Nah, Kroft is clearly better. He was taken higher in the draft, and he doesnt have a drop problem and he's just as good of a blocker. The coaches just let Uzi play more because they play favoritism. Btw I'm not being serious.

Kroft is better. He's a Rutgers guy.
Reply/Quote