Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We could go winless the rest of the way
Regardless of how any of us feel, Mike Brown and his family still run this organization. I don't believe that Mike Brown is embarrassed by any of this. Look at the team's record with him as owner/GM. This is nothing new. The real question is why should he care? After all, the NFL shares profit. 16-0, 0-16, and everywhere in between doesn't matter because Mike Brown will still make money. There's absolutely zero incentive for him to change the way he does things. Empty stadium, lack of discipline, coaches and players giving up has no impact on the fact that the Brown family will still rake in millions.

While Mike Brown is the football equivalent of Forrest Gump at best, he is a brilliant businessman. He owns a team in a business that he cannot fail in. The millions will continue to roll into his and his family's bank accounts so long as they own the team. The product on the field, merchandise sales, tickets sales, seating licenses, none of that matters. He will still get a piece of billions of dollars of revenue and turn a profit. That's why things always stay the same. That's why he can be so goddamned stubborn and want to do it his way. That's why fans of this franchise will continue to suffer. Regardless of the team's performance, Mike Brown just keeps getting richer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does it matter who the coach is with the Bengals management team?

At this point it can't hurt.  Whole house needs to be cleaned.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote
At this point, I hope they do. Just imagine how nice that 2018 top 10 draft pick will look when he starts playing sporadically in the middle of the 2019 season. Can't wait!!
Reply/Quote
Going winless only helps us with a higher draft pick, Im all for it
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Regardless of how any of us feel, Mike Brown and his family still run this organization. I don't believe that Mike Brown is embarrassed by any of this. Look at the team's record with him as owner/GM. This is nothing new. The real question is why should he care? After all, the NFL shares profit. 16-0, 0-16, and everywhere in between doesn't matter because Mike Brown will still make money. There's absolutely zero incentive for him to change the way he does things. Empty stadium, lack of discipline, coaches and players giving up has no impact on the fact that the Brown family will still rake in millions.

While Mike Brown is the football equivalent of Forrest Gump at best, he is a brilliant businessman. He owns a team in a business that he cannot fail in. The millions will continue to roll into his and his family's bank accounts so long as they own the team. The product on the field, merchandise sales, tickets sales, seating licenses, none of that matters. He will still get a piece of billions of dollars of revenue and turn a profit. That's why things always stay the same. That's why he can be so goddamned stubborn and want to do it his way. That's why fans of this franchise will continue to suffer. Regardless of the team's performance, Mike Brown just keeps getting richer.
Bingo!  I called it so I win the cookie! It's the ONLY station in life where you literally can't be accidentally stupid enough to **** it up,  huh? Mikey tries, but it goes against all laws of economics and sense..  Anyone could grow up to become president of a nation, but ONLY Mikey could grow up to become...well..Mikey..

Seriously, instead of grumbling and complaining what we should be doing for the rest of the season and until Mikey is done and gone for good is to stop posting ANYTHING AT ALL about the team. Just blatantly and openly show our contempt by posting cooking recipes, opinions about tv shows completely unrelated to football or anything else unrelated. It doesn't matter as long as it's unrelated to football . Let him know we've ALL completely lost all interest in the team and the league..

I'll start off with my recipe for a glass of water.. 
1. Get a glass 
2. Add water until it becomes a glass of water. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’d say 1:2 odds seem a about right. A nice 5-11 walkoff into the sunset for Marvin.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:18 AM)Brimey Wrote: At this point, I hope they do. Just imagine how nice that 2018 top 10 draft pick will look when he starts playing sporadically in the middle of the 2019 season. Can't wait!!

“...With the sixth pick in the 2018 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB, Alabama.”
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 09:01 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'm ok closing out 0-3.  Wins do nothing for us so I want a better draft spot.  And Marvin gone.

The more we lose the better the odds we get james or fitzpatrick to replace the ever so missed nelson.  Bad thing is if we break the top 10 draft pick its hard to justify taking the guard from ND, the tackle from Texas may even be too high.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:28 AM)grampahol Wrote: Bingo!  I called it so I win the cookie! It's the ONLY station in life where you literally can't be accidentally stupid enough to **** it up,  huh? Mikey tries, but it goes against all laws of economics and sense..  Anyone could grow up to become president of a nation, but ONLY Mikey could grow up to become...well..Mikey..

Seriously, instead of grumbling and complaining what we should be doing for the rest of the season and until Mikey is done and gone for good is to stop posting ANYTHING AT ALL about the team. Just blatantly and openly show our contempt by posting cooking recipes, opinions about tv shows completely unrelated to football or anything else unrelated. It doesn't matter as long as it's unrelated to football . Let him know we've ALL completely lost all interest in the team and the league..

I'll start off with my recipe for a glass of water.. 
1. Get a glass 
2. Add water until it becomes a glass of water. 

You think Mike Brown knows this forum exists? He might know forums exist, but you could post the cure to cancer here and Mike Brown will never hear about it.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:00 PM)Rattler Wrote: This year we're not just the 2017 Bengals...we're ever Bengal that ever sucked.

C'mon Mikey Boy, give the city an early Christmas present and have an aneurysm.

That's honestly just a very sad post, and I feel sorry for you.....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:00 PM)Rattler Wrote: This year we're not just the 2017 Bengals...we're ever Bengal that ever sucked.

C'mon Mikey Boy, give the city an early Christmas present and have an aneurysm.

I'm all for expressing concerns, disagreements with the ownership, players and coaching staff.  And I share the frustration most of us feel about the performance we had yesterday.

But the second line there is beneath you and all the rest of us.  I disagree with what I think I see as Mr. Brown's decision-making process.  But I don't really know it.

And even if I did know it and disapprove as much as most of us do, I would never want any kind of harm to come to the man - or think it's appropriate to wish it even in jest.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's honestly just a very sad post, and I feel sorry for you.....

That's pure gold coming from a user with an avatar and username of known murderer and his vehicle to dispose of bodies.

Any other hypocritical musings feel sad for boy?
Reply/Quote
I said last week- in response to some well intentioned poster discussing our shot at the playoffs- that there was a much higher chance before the Bears game that we would not win another game than our chances of making playoffs.

No chance of playoffs now and I would say at least 70-30 that they do not win another game.

Loss to Vikings. Could get real ugly. Better be up by 14 at half time to even have a chance since we know we won't score more than 3 points in second half.

Lions are better than Bears and making playoff run.

On the road against Ravens against whom we could not score in first game. We won't score 10 points if that much.

5-11 in the great 50th anniversary season.

Actually, 5-11 is about right for this franchise as a statement about its mediocrity over the last 25 years.
Reply/Quote
Mathematically we are still have a shot at the playoffs. I am not giving up just yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Regardless of how any of us feel, Mike Brown and his family still run this organization. I don't believe that Mike Brown is embarrassed by any of this. Look at the team's record with him as owner/GM. This is nothing new. The real question is why should he care? After all, the NFL shares profit. 16-0, 0-16, and everywhere in between doesn't matter because Mike Brown will still make money. There's absolutely zero incentive for him to change the way he does things. Empty stadium, lack of discipline, coaches and players giving up has no impact on the fact that the Brown family will still rake in millions.

Mike Brown does not own the Bengals from his own hard work or smart work or by being brilliant. He only owns it because his father was one of the best football minds ever. He inherited it and that doesn't take much in the way of brains.

Reply/Quote