Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We could have kept Whit
(04-28-2017, 03:26 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: No idea what your talking about.

But I guess when you are made to look foolish, accusing a poster of having multiple accounts is a safe play for you.

I noticed you won't discuss the football aspect of this anymore.

Gottcha.

I said my piece about the football aspect. I moved on and said what I've been thinking about you for quite some time because I'm tired of watching you dance between "it's about whit" and "it isn't about whit". Keep dancing, puppet.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I said my piece about the football aspect. I moved on and said what I've been thinking about you for quite some time because I'm tired of watching you dance between "it's about whit" and "it isn't about whit". Keep dancing, puppet.

Yeah. It's foolish to think the team in 2017 would benefit from a top 5 offensive lineman on the roster. We'd rather have a WR3 and horrible CB who tells cops to suck his crank.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:37 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Yeah. It's foolish to think the team in 2017 would benefit from a top 5 offensive lineman on the roster. We'd rather have a WR3 and horrible CB who tells cops to suck his crank.

So it is about whit now? Or no? Dance, puppet, dance!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:38 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: So it is about whit now? Or no? Dance, puppet, dance!

So it's about whit now? You seem confused. The thread is about whit.

You're having trouble today. Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:38 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I'm saying they should have let Jones and LaFell go.

What are we targeting again, Tiny dancer?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: What are we targeting again, Tiny dancer?

So they could have kept Whitworth.

Hahahaha. You're so stupid you can't connect basics

This is Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This thread is starting to get good.

Afk making pop-corn
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:46 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: So they could have kept Whitworth.

Hahahaha. You're so stupid you can't connect basics

This is Hilarious

So now it's about whitworth again. Got it.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:48 PM)magikod Wrote: This thread is starting to get good.

Afk making pop-corn

I feel bad for the guy.  He's certifiable,  and it rocks to F with him. 
Reply/Quote
Sure they could have kept Whitworth, but then we likely would have also had to keep Peko and Maualuga around, and not signed Lafell, Andre Smith, and Kevin Minter. Sure, they could have appeased all of the morally superiors around here and cut Adam Jones, but Jones is a tremendous value for his price. Football and football finance wise, cutting Jones would have been stupid.

They can still draft OL, in case Ogbuehi continues to not impress. Signing Whit to a large deal, at this point in his career, would have handcuffed the team financially when it comes time for other re-signings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I feel bad for the guy.  He's certifiable,  and it rocks to F with him. 

So I've taken over your mind and now this is about me? A whole new tune for you to dance to!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:22 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: OP, what if Whit wanted to leave ?
No playoff wins,  O line deteriorating,possible decreased playing time here,short term contract offered, change of scenery.

He didn't want to leave.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure they could have kept Whitworth, but then we likely would have also had to keep Peko and Maualuga around, and not signed Lafell, Andre Smith, and Kevin Minter. Sure, they could have appeased all of the morally superiors around here and cut Adam Jones, but Jones is a tremendous value for his price. Football and football finance wise, cutting Jones would have been stupid.

They can still draft OL, in case Ogbuehi continues to not impress. Signing Whit to a large deal, at this point in his career, would have handcuffed the team financially when it comes time for other re-signings.

Stop making sense! The tiny dancer doesn't like that!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm not falling for anything. If we re-signed whit for way too much (because the contract he got at his age was stupid)and he suffers his inevitable drop off this year or next, what tune are you singing? Because then I'm guessing the "bengals are too loyal to their own crowd" which just so happens to also be the "always complaining crowd" will start popping off at the mouth. And I bet you'd be first in line.
Lol he is the best left tackle in the game every one knows that OG is complete crap and can not replace him. You say his contact is outrageous but it really wasn't and if he is past his prime then the Rams can simply cut him and move on without losing that much  money. Plus I said during the offseason they should have tagged him and work on a  deal for 2 years. Its not baseball or basketball where your stuck with a guy for their whole contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure they could have kept Whitworth, but then we likely would have also had to keep Peko and Maualuga around, and not signed Lafell, Andre Smith, and Kevin Minter.  Sure, they could have appeased all of the morally superiors around here and cut Adam Jones, but Jones is a tremendous value for his price.  Football and football finance wise, cutting Jones would have been stupid.  

They can still draft OL, in case Ogbuehi continues to not impress.  Signing Whit to a large deal, at this point in his career, would have handcuffed the team financially when it comes time for other re-signings.

Why would they have to keep Peko and Rey?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:02 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Why would they have to keep Peko and Rey?

Maualuga wasn't released, until after Minter was signed to the team.  If the Bengals blow big money on Whit, they sure as heck aren't signing Kevin Minter, and Maualuga is rolled out for yet, another season.

Don't really have any good explanation for Peko, other than I just threw him in there for good measure.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Let

It

Go
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Should of, could of, would of.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let

It

Go

[Image: giphy.gif]

Good luck getting that song out of your head now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm not falling for anything. If we re-signed whit for way too much (because the contract he got at his age was stupid)and he suffers his inevitable drop off this year or next, what tune are you singing? Because then I'm guessing the "bengals are too loyal to their own crowd" which just so happens to also be the "always complaining crowd" will start popping off at the mouth. And I bet you'd be first in line.

The contract Whit got was very shrewd.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/andrew-whitworth-1388/

The Rams get a Top 5 LT for less than the transition tag. If his performance falls off the face of the earth the Rams can cut him after next season with only $5.8 million in dead money which could be split over two seasons.

The Bengals were idiots for not doing that deal.
Reply/Quote