Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We do not want the jets
(01-02-2016, 10:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Chargers have to win in Denver for this to happen. I was looking at one of their blogs and even their own fans want them to lose in order to get the highest draft pick possible.  I don't see it happening at this point.

Yeah, but that's the fans. To a man, the players don't give a flying **** about their draft pick. They're fighting for their jobs, trying to get something good on tape, and hell, trying to end a season on a winning note while getting the added bonus of screwing over a division rival. They may come out flat and lose, but it won't be because they're trying for a higher pick.

And, deep down, come game time, if the Chargers show even a hint of winning, you can believe the majority of those fans will start praying for the W, draft pick be damned.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 09:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Im ok with either but the jets not being familiar with us helps.    They barely beat the Kellen moore led Cowboys

2-3 on the road in their last 5. The 2 wins were both by 3 and 2 of the 3 losses were at Houston and at Oakland.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 11:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, but that's the fans.  To a man, the players don't give a flying **** about their draft pick.  They're fighting for their jobs, trying to get something good on tape, and hell, trying to end a season on a winning note while getting the added bonus of screwing over a division rival.  They may come out flat and lose, but it won't be because they're trying for a higher pick.

And, deep down, come game time, if the Chargers show even a hint of winning, you can believe the majority of those fans will start praying for the W, draft pick be  damned.

All good points.  I didn't think the Steelers would lose to the Ravens either.  Stranger things have happened.
Reply/Quote
I'm over the whole bye thing.

McCarron and this team can win a home playoff opener and i'd rather the team be on some kind of roll when Dalton comes back in the 2nd round.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Meh, **** the Jets. I mean, it's the playoffs. You're going to have to beat a decent team no matter who you play. It's hard to be that scared of a team with Ryan Fitzpatrick behind center (A mid-tier QB at best) and Chris Ivory as their bell cow back.

Yeah, Brandon Marshall is pretty good. But so is AJ Green. That's probably a wash. Eric Decker vs Marvin Jones is probably a wash as well. Fitzpatrick vs McCarron isn't some landslide victory for them in determining who's stronger at the spot. It's close.

We have better backs. Our tight end (Eifert) makes their tight end (Jeff Cumberland) look like dogshit. Our OL is better. Our guys collectively have more time with their respective playbook and in their respective roles. They also have more time playing together. Oh, and we're playing at home.

I mean, sure, we'd all love to draw the 1979 Tampa Bucaneers or the Little Giants or some other pushover. But as far as the playoffs are concerned you could no a whole lot worse than drawing the ***** Jets. Like, say the Pats, the Cardinals, the Panthers, the Broncos... THE BENGALS!!!!

I want the Jets!!! I want the Jets!!! Bring 'em on! Bring on those chode chuggers the Steelers. These are just the typical speed bumps you see en route to being a legitimate contender.
Reply/Quote
If Dalton and Eifert were healthy and playing I don't think it matters who we play, but the Jets and Texans have had our # before.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 05:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bring on the steelers next week! We do not want the jets! I am serious. This article says what I have been saying recently. Fans are scared of the steelers....the Bengals players are not.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/2/10684136/jets-playoffs-afc-wild-card-dangerous-team

Some experts say it is very tough playing multiple road games in the NFL. This would be 3 road games in a row for the Steelers and the second for the Jets. I feel we have the advantage and are better than both teams. So now we need to win today and come out of the game healthy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
So, if everyone in contention and of relevance wins today, we get the 3rd seed. Fine.

Who would we get next week? The 6th seed (which would be the Jets correct?)

Will it be a Saturday or Sunday game and what time?

Thanks
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm over the whole bye thing.

McCarron and this team can win a home playoff opener and i'd rather the team be on some kind of roll when Dalton comes back in the 2nd round.

I've always been against getting the bye. This team ALWAYS comes out flat after a bye week..... anything that screws with the normal schedule seems to throw this team off, and always has. That said, I want the Jets simply because I do not want the Steelers in the playoffs. Not because I don 't think we can beat them, we can, but I want every miserable Stoolers fan crying in their beers come playoff time because their team is home on the couch......
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:25 AM)Whacked Wrote: So, if everyone in contention and of relevance wins today, we get the 3rd seed. Fine.

Who would we get next week? The 6th seed (which would be the Jets correct?)

Will it be a Saturday or Sunday game and what time?

Thanks

Jets then @ Broncos.
Reply/Quote
Thx PDUB
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:48 AM)Whacked Wrote: Thx PDUB

Specific day, 9th or 10th and game times have not been announced yet.

Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter who we play. Stream Roll.
Reply/Quote
The team can beat either team....wanting the Steelers out of the playoffs is more personal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Specific day, 9th or 10th and game times have not been announced yet.

Thx man
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 10:20 PM)Beaker Wrote: Give me the steelers.....all day long.

Rock On

Reply/Quote
Well, we don't have the Jets!
Reply/Quote
Yup. Jets choked it away.
Reply/Quote
Now we get to see if the Bengals actually have a pair, or if they just have motor mouths.

After that one steeler said he wanted the bengals because they always choke in the playoffs, we shall see.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 06:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Now we get to see if the Bengals actually have a pair, or if they just have motor mouths.

After that one steeler said he wanted the bengals because they always choke in the playoffs, we shall see.

Wouldn't that make the Steeler the Motor Mouth?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote