Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got Trey Hendrickson
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/15/22333204/trey-hendrickson-bengals-news-nfl-rumors-saints-free-agents-2021
Reply/Quote
“Dotson Dotson we got Dotson here!!! See nobody cares..”
Reply/Quote
I like it.  I'd have liked resigning Lawson too, but Hendrickson might open up the scheme and the draft even more.  He, Hubbard, and Reader look like a rock solid foundation.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 01:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: “Dotson Dotson we got Dotson here!!! See nobody cares..”

Is that Jurassic Park. The guy that played Newman on Seinfeld.  Now I have to look up who Trey Hendrickson is.  Or did we get Dotson. How about Newman for O Line.  Hello Newman. 

OK, Bengals to pay 60 million over 4 years to Trey Hendrickson. With New Orleans Saints he had 13.5 sacks in 2020. A Defensive End at 6'4" and 270 lbs and 26 years old. Bengals paying 15 mil a year. They must have really wanted him. 15 mil a year, this is a Jurassic signing.

13.5 sacks...for those who wanted a DE pass rusher to replace Dunlap gone, Here He Is....This is a JJ Watt type player. He spends the game in other teams backfield ruining their plays and getting after their QB. The pictures of him on internet. #91 looks like a big JJ Watt type with 13.5 sacks to back it up.

OK, this guy was ALL PRO DE in 2020, so THAT sounds GOOD. The question is, could the Bengals use an All Pro JJ Watt type DE. I would say YES. Did Lawson have 13.5 sacks and make All Pro, NO. So this would be an upgrade then.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Is that Jurassic Park. The guy that played Newman on Seinfeld.  Now I have to look up who Trey Hendrickson is.  Or did we get Dotson. How about Newman for O Line.  Hello Newman. 

OK,  Bengals to pay 60 million over 4 years to Trey Hendrickson. With New Orleans Saints he had 13.5 sacks in 2020.  A Defensive End at 6'4" and 26 years old.  Bengals paying 15 mil a year.  They must have really wanted him.  15 mil a year, this is a Jurassic signing.

13.5 sacks...for those who wanted a DE pass rusher to replace Dunlap gone, Here He Is.

He only got 10 mill guaranteed and he gets 32 mill in the first 2 years so it's an easy out after 2 years if he stinks lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:22 AM)pulses Wrote: He only got 10 mill guaranteed and he gets 32 mill in the first 2 years so it's an easy out after 2 years if he stinks lol

Yep, after the first 2 years his contract is mostly incentives....
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:22 AM)pulses Wrote: He only got 10 mill guaranteed and he gets 32 mill in the first 2 years so it's an easy out after 2 years if he stinks lol

Quote:Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Hendrickson will receive a $10 million signing bonus and a $6 million roster bonus, both of which are guaranteed. The deal also has a base salary of $3.8 million in 2021 (non-guaranteed, but guaranteed as a practical matter), along with $200,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
That’s a total payout of $20 million for one year. The Bengals can escape the rest by moving on before the fifth day of the 2022 league year, when another $6 million roster bonus comes due. The total payout for 2022 is $12 million.
The deal pays $13 million in 2023 (that includes an early $3 million roster bonus) and $15 million in 2024. It’s still a one-year-at-a-time contract for the Bengals, which makes sense given that Hendrickson had three so-so seasons before exploding in 2020, with 15.5 sacks.

1 year deal with 3 optional years at the end
Reply/Quote