Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got beat. Period.
You can complain about the some calls or non calls but when it comes down to it we lost. We got outplayed. Get over it. On to Denver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:20 PM)treee Wrote: You can complain about the some calls or non calls but when it comes down to it we lost. We got outplayed. Get over it. On to Denver.

The refs beat us!  Did you watch the entire game and all the holding calls the refs didn't call in the first half?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:20 PM)treee Wrote: You can complain about the some calls or non calls but when it comes down to it we lost. We got outplayed. Get over it. On to Denver.

I'd normally agree, but zero holding calls all game combined with an obvious non-fumble being reviewed and called a fumble pisses me off.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
By this logic, I'll bring a gun to a knife fight, and win. Then the knives team can say, we lost because we were outplayed LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:27 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: The refs beat us!  Did you watch the entire game and all the holding calls the refs didn't call in the first half?

The refs did not beat us. Did they make it more difficult for us by not doing their job very well? Sure. But as an NFL football team you have to overcome adversity, even if it happens to be the officials.

(09-18-2016, 05:27 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd normally agree, but zero holding calls all game combined with an obvious non-fumble being reviewed and called a fumble pisses me off.

The non-holding calls all game were worse than the fumble call imo. We wouldn't have had to be driving down the field to tie the game if our Dline could actually get after Pig Jen without getting tackled by their Oline.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:27 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd normally agree, but zero holding calls all game combined with an obvious non-fumble being reviewed and called a fumble pisses me off.

And when Put fumbled and the TD pass and the false start that was called encroachment and... and... and... Just a horrible game.
Reply/Quote

I would usually agree, but not today.  It was so in your face it was not even funny.  They took a touchdown away, called a non fumble a fumble and not a single holding penalty?  really?  That is not overcoming adversity; that is overcoming a fixed game.

How many times did Ben scramble around forever?  Not one holding call?  Penalty on the Bengals when Pouncey clearly moved. 

I am normally not like this, but what I just watched was WAY to biased, lopsided and WAY to many wrong calls that ONLY helped one team.

I really would not have minded a loss, but this was ridiculous!!!
Reply/Quote
We got beat. It's over moving on.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:30 PM)treee Wrote: The refs did not beat us. Did they make it more difficult for us by not doing their job very well? Sure. But as an NFL football team you have to overcome adversity, even if it happens to be the officials.

The non-holding calls all game were worse than the fumble call imo. We wouldn't have had to be driving down the field to tie the game if our Dline could actually get after Pig Jen without getting tackled by their Oline.

You are wrong.  Rules are in place to ensure no one team has an advantage over another.  Period.  

What you are referring to would be if officiating was inept on both sides which it clearly was not.  If that were the case you'd be able to say one team made enough plays to overcome inept calls/or lack of and the other couldn't. 

Calls by the officiating crew were clearly one-sided.  TDs were awarded when the rules clearly state possession has to be kept all the way to the ground...it was not.  Rules state a knee is the same as two feet...ruled otherwise.  A ball is not fumbled if the knee is down before the ball is loose...it clearly was.  

It's one thing to be bias in real time...like when they ruled the Steelers runner down when that was clearly a fumble, and when Boyd was clearly down, but it's something entirely different when you blow the call on review.  This was a statement game from the refs that was telling the NFL you split up my crew and think we were terrible then watch this.  They are clearly not going to call things like that against the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We got beat. It's over moving on.

I can easily move on from a clean game that we lost because we sucked.  A little harder to move on when it looks like the game was practically fixed.

There is a big difference between loosing and loosing because the refs take points from you with biased, wrong calls.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:29 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: By this logic, I'll bring a gun to a knife fight, and win. Then the knives team can say, we lost because we were outplayed LMAO

Today more closely resembled a gang fight where one side was expected to use their fists and the other had automatic weapons.  But hey no excuses they have to overcome adversity.  
Reply/Quote
I concur but what can we do about it....
Reply/Quote

I agree.  The Bengals didn't come into Ketchup Stadium prepared.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I concur but what can we do about it....

Nothing. Take a second and think about how many threads and posts we've had over the years about crap officials. It will never change because anyone who goes into the profession of officiating, is mostly bad at it. I've spent the last 20 years watching my boys and the last 38 years watching professional and collegiate sports and the vast, vast majority of officials are BAD. Real bad.

It's clear that in the NFL, they are not going to do enough to correct the "problem", so no amount of complaining is going to matter. It will help people by venting and getting it out, but it will not improve the officiating. 

I'm done being pissed off about it. 

On to Denver. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I agree.  The Bengals didn't come into Ketchup Stadium prepared.  

Marv never is. It's always the same game plan day after day. 

I've already posted about what NE does, but Marv is as far away from BillB as the Sun is from Jupiter.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
To go into Ketchup Stadium unprepared isn't smart. One must game plan against the Steelers and the referees.
Reply/Quote
I appreciate the fact that some fans can just admit the hurtful truth. We are just a superior team to you guys in every aspect. We are the superior franchise by miles. Our games are won as much by our front office and coaching staff as they are by our players. Marvin Lewis just has some headscratching calls every time we play. Why doesn't he use Bernard more? Why doesn't he challenge that call in the backfield? Why doesn't he utilize the TE more against our soft coverages to extend drives? Why doesn't he test our weak corners? This game was not decided by the refs. It was decided by our young and hungry players like Jesse James and Xavier Grimble and Sammy Coates that clearly wanted it more. We only converted 7 3rd downs. Ben threw multiple picks. We just controlled field position and guys stepped up when they had to. Great to see James Harrison forcing the fumble that completely sealed it.
Reply/Quote

Venting after a loss, or celebrating after a win, is normal. If fans just watched games and immediately moved on...this message board would be out of business.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:56 PM)26 and Counting! Wrote: I appreciate the fact that some fans can just admit the hurtful truth. We are just a superior team to you guys in every aspect. We are the superior franchise by miles. Our games are won as much by our front office and coaching staff as they are by our players. Marvin Lewis just has some headscratching calls every time we play. Why doesn't he use Bernard more? Why doesn't he challenge that call in the backfield? Why doesn't he utilize the TE more against our soft coverages to extend drives? Why doesn't he test our weak corners? This game was not decided by the refs. It was decided by our young and hungry players like Jesse James and Xavier Grimble and Sammy Coates that clearly wanted it more. We only converted 7 3rd downs. Ben threw multiple picks. We just controlled field position and guys stepped up when they had to. Great to see James Harrison forcing the fumble that completely sealed it.

That forced fumble sure was incredible. Literally incredible. 
Reply/Quote
I'll leave it as superior's ass. Every team in the league see it for what it is. If it's even close the refs will move it in you're direction. every NFL fan sees it & if you want to root for a bunch of piss stained, NFL league office backed SOB's then good for you.
Reply/Quote