Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
The committee is presenting their proposal to the owners tomorrow.

It’s a no contest. The only shot at a neutral site game instead of going on the road for us is if both Buffalo and KC lose this weekend. If we lose this weekend they will flip a coin for home field for the Wildcard game if it’s against Baltimore.

So how did we end up with the worst competitive outcome. Just ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
I would have been fine with it if they adopted the same rule for the AFC North winner as for the AFC championship game. I can live with a neutral site but I really don't understand a coin flip that's insane.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The committee is presenting their proposal to the owners.

It’s a no contest. The only shot at a neutral site game instead of going on the road for us is if both Buffalo and KC lose this weekend. If we lose this weekend they will flip a coin for home field.

While I understand your sentiments it’s not going to matter where — or who — Cincinnati plays in the playoffs. I saw what I saw all season and on Monday Night the Bengals were playing at another level for nine minutes. I have never seen that kind of precision combined with physicality before.

I’m confident of a back to back Super Bowl appearance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They are all dirty just like them refs in the Superbowl. Right LeonardLeap he knows a thing or two about them dirty refs.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The committee is presenting their proposal to the owners tomorrow.

It’s a no contest. The only shot at a neutral site game instead of going on the road for us is if both Buffalo and KC lose this weekend. If we lose this weekend they will flip a coin for home field for the Wildcard game if it’s against Baltimore.

We control our destiny. We win at home and we are a minimum 3rd seed. If Ravens win, they also need Chargers to lose. Chargers will be the 5th seed with a win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This see very fair.  I honestly don't understand how some of you can see it any other way especially if KC wins this weekend.  In that case we wouldn't get a number 1 seed anyway.

But we get a shot at a neutral site rather than an away game for the championship is a situation where we would have ended up away anyways (if KC beats the raiders).

If we lost to the ravens we'd lose the division anyways and play away also but now we at least get a shot at a home he via a coin flip.

Just get over it guys this isn't as bad as you're making out to be.
Reply/Quote
Bengals getting screwed?? No way.. that would never happen
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:40 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Bengals getting screwed?? No way.. that would never happen

This thread is about us getting hosed. There's already another thread about us getting screwed. You posted in the wrong thread
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This see very fair. I honestly don't understand how some of you can see it any other way especially if KC wins this weekend. In that case we wouldn't get a number 1 seed anyway.

If we lost to the ravens we'd lose the division anyways and play away also but now we at least get a shot at a home he via a coin flip.

So a KC 14-3 and Buffalo 13-3 get a neutral site game

But a Cincy 11-5 and Baltimore 11-6 don’t? It’s a coin flip?

KC benefits the most as they would have had to go to Buffalo if Buffalo won out but now they win and won’t have to travel. If they lose and we win they still won’t have to travel to cincy as it would also be a neutral site game.

We received essentially what we would have gotten if we lost, yet none of the benefits if we would have won. We were punished.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I understand your sentiments it’s not going to matter where — or who — Cincinnati plays in the playoffs.  I saw what I saw all season and on Monday Night the Bengals were playing at another level for nine minutes.  I have never seen that kind of precision combined with physicality before.

I’m confident of a back to back Super Bowl appearance.

This

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This see very fair.  I honestly don't understand how some of you can see it any other way especially if KC wins this weekend.  In that case we wouldn't get a number 1 seed anyway.

Seriously?  

1.  We now have zero chance at the #1 Seed. 

2.  We no longer control our own destiny for the #2 seed.

2.  If we had beaten the Bills we could still have lost to the Ravens and won the North.

3.  We go from having a shot at the #1 and #2 seeds, and now we are hoping for a ***** coin toss for venue for our playoff game....

And you think it is "very fair"?

Are you a KC fan?

Reply/Quote
Say what you want, but we are being punished by Goodell. I'd damned near wager a body part that Goodell wanted to continue Monday night and gave the 5 minute warm-up call. Zac and our boys refused and Katie told the almighty to stuff it and now we're now paying for it.
No proof, just my gut....and my gut is majestic.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So a KC 14-3 and Buffalo 13-3 get a neutral site game

KC benefits the most as they would have had to go to Buffalo if Buffalo won out but now they win and won’t have to travel. If they lose and we win they still won’t have to travel to cincy as it would also be a neutral site game.

We received essentially what we would have gotten if we lost, yet none of the benefits if we would have won. We were punished.
That's not true.  I very literally explained the benefits in my post and you clearly ignored them.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: This see very fair.  I honestly don't understand how some of you can see it any other way especially if KC wins this weekend.  In that case we wouldn't get a number 1 seed anyway.

But we get a shot at a neutral site rather than an away game for the championship is a situation where we would have ended up away anyways (if KC beats the raiders).

A Bills/Bengals divisional game should not be played in Buffalo.  I can stomach the Ravens coin flip thing, but come on.  Our home game against the Bills gets cancelled but then we are expected to go to their house in the post season?  When beating them in our house would have prevented that?

Bullshit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So a KC 14-3 and Buffalo 13-3 get a neutral site game

Hmmm, I wonder which one of the Top 3 teams the NFL considers a poverty franchise?  And Katie was on the damn committee.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?  

1.  We now have zero chance at the #1 Seed. 

2.  We no longer control our own destiny for the #2 seed.

2.  If we had beaten the Bills we could still have lost to the Ravens.

3.  We go from having a shot at the #1 and #2 seeds, and now we are hoping for a ***** coin toss for venue for our playoff game....

And you think it is "very fair"?

Are you a KC fan?

Did you read my post before you overacted to it? 
Reply/Quote

Not if we'd beat the Bills, The team we were leading when the game was called.

Every team in the scenario got screwed except KC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's not true.  I very literally explained the benefits in my post and you clearly ignored them.

No you’re just wrong.

This is treated as a loss for Cincinnati because not of these scenarios would be in play if we won or even tied.

We don’t control our own destiny for a 2 seed neutral site game, but Buffalo does for an AFC Champ neutral site game? When we earlier controlled our own destiny to a 2 seed?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:48 PM)motoarch Wrote: Did you read my post before you overacted to it? 

No, no he did not.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals revenge tour incoming. Trust Joe, I bet he's angry right now and the whole team will carry that sentiment to the SB.
Reply/Quote