Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got old at the same time
My family has big turmoil at the same time.
My youngest sister had a double masectomy and is undergoing stage 4 cancer treatment.
My oldest sister is 81 and no longer drives. She needs rides to medical appointments, grocery store, etc. She also cannot hear now.

My oldest brother past away a week before Thanksgiving 2017 due to heart failure.
I was hospitalized for 9 days in 2016 for the same condition.We went to different hospitals.I went from 252 down to 185 when released. They could not get the excess weight off my brother.
No account nephew in jail again.
I fell down some steps when something popped in my left leg.After surgery in April, I can't walk. Also diabetic but down to 159.
The company I worked for longest split up after nafta and sold different parts.
A third party is handling pensions.
Loads of paperwork,however if I live my retroactive pension begins 11-1-18 .Finally something goes right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:23 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: My family has big turmoil at the same time.
My youngest sister had a double masectomy and is undergoing stage 4 cancer treatment.
My oldest sister is 81 and no longer drives. She needs ride to medical appointments, grocery store, etc. She also cannot hear now.

My oldest brother past away a week before Thanksgiving 2017 due to heart failure.
I was hospitalized for 9 days in 2016 for the same condition.We went to different hospitals.I went from 252 down to 185 when released. They could not get the excess weight off my brother.
I fell down some steps when something popped in my left leg.After surgery in April, I can't walk. Also diabetic but down to 159.
The company split up after nafta and sold different parts.
Loads of paperwork,however if I live my retroactive pension begins 11-1-18 .Finaally something goes right.
And I thought I had problems.  Hang in there buddy, you're due for some good luck.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 01:23 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: My family has big turmoil at the same time.
My oldest sister is 81 and no longer drives. She needs ride to medical appointments, grocery store, etc. She also cannot hear now.

The company split up after nafta and sold different parts.
Loads of paperwork,however if I live my retroactive pension begins 11-1-18 .Finaally something goes right.

Prayers brother

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Damn! Prayers your way man. These Bengals victories gotta be uplifting.

Reply/Quote
Hang in there
Reply/Quote
You'll see brighter days, my friend!
Reply/Quote
I forgot to mention that my former insurance company said they over paid me in 2016 by 2,340 $.
So I canceled rehab. I sent them 390.00 dollar checks for six months. Anthem sent one refund of 390.00
then wrote that I owed 780.00.
I sent them 390.00, a list of my checks payout dates, and a strongly worded note about their recovery departments math skills.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear all that man. Thoughts and Prayers!
Reply/Quote
Jeez man! I hate to hear all that. You definitely are entitled to vent. I hope your health stays better, and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with venting at the world we allegedly live in . I went through similar events not long ago . My mother passed away followed by my brother and nearly all my friends and now both of my sisters are looking like two elderly spinsters and my 89 year old pop (soon to be 90) is still hanging in there and complaining non-stop about not being able to do the same things he could do when he was a Marine . 
There's something about getting old most people spend years in denial about..They almost never think it's going to happen to them and seldom plan accordingly for not being able to do the same things they could just a few years prior .
After all  who actually plans to lose their eyesight, hearing and becoming a burden to their kids? Pretty regularly my dad tells me , 'I don't want to be a burden,  but....Drop everything right now to go make me a sandwich I probably won't even eat...' 
Yeah , getting old sucks, but the alternative is to not get old and that has its downsides too.. 
Whenever anyone tells you that I'm not getting older you can bet your life that there's a lie somewhere between I'm and older.. 
I tell my kids to 'Get old or die.' There really aren't any other options available.  
Hang in there Saber.. The good news is that you're still able to vent online and still able to use the technology that allows you to post these things. We just bought my dad a new cell phone and he has absolutely no clue how to use 99% of its features and can't read anything on the screen since he lost nearly all of his vision, but he still knows how to complain about it .  Cool

Thinking about my dad I gotta go make his breakfast and get his meds ready and get him a cuppa..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote