Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We have NO CHANCE against the Cheifs
It depends on how this young team deals with losses. We certainly could beat the Chiefs if we come in to practice this week motivated and make a solid game plan. We know the ability is there, but will we rally or stagnate?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Should be a shootout. Hopefully Price returns and Ross and Gio should definitely be back. With a stacked arsenal, we should be able to run with them. Who blinks first.....

[Image: giphy.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The defense doesnt look primed to beat the Chiefs. They dont look primed to even be in the top 25 in the league the way it is now. Will be glad when the Teryl Austin experiment is over. No fire under this guy, at all. We have too much talent to struggle this bad.
Reply/Quote
Biggest concern at this point is injuries
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:19 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Note to Marvin.....Tyreke Hill likes to use his speed for crossing routes.  Someone may want to take one for the team and de-cleat this guy when he does it against the Bengals.  His speed is unreal and uncoverable.  Too bad we can’t use ROSS that way

Been saying this for a while.  I wonder if they will watch KC film to prepare (makes sense, right?) and see how Hill is utilized and be like:  Hmmmmm...

And guys, I know our team is beat up right now and I know it is a road game at night, but this team played a very tough game against a desperate team and was in position to win it.  Yes, the officiating was horrible.  But I don't see KC as unbeatable.  Their defense is VERY suspect.  I think Dalton and Company have a huge day and it will be the kind of game that comes down to who has the ball last. 
Reply/Quote
Depends on which Bengals show up....I can see them playing well and pulling off an upset or the D just getting torched for 6-7 TDS. No consistency with this team. Have to get healthy too.
Reply/Quote
I get that everyone is scared of the high powered offense of the Chiefs. However, let's not forget that they just lost in almost identical fashion as the Bengals did, and almost allowed Pittsburgh to catch up to them, just a few weeks ago. Seems to me that they have some of the same issues as the Bengals do. They seem to be able to score at will, and have trouble stopping other teams from scoring.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 08:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that everyone is scared of the high powered offense of the Chiefs.  However, let's not forget that they just lost in almost identical fashion as the Bengals did, and almost allowed Pittsburgh to catch up to them, just a few weeks ago.  Seems to me that they have some of the same issues as the Bengals do.  They seem to be able to score at will, and have trouble stopping other teams from scoring.

Finally, a very noteworthy and positive post! These idiots on here slamming on Burfict are just IGNORANT!!! With 11 Burficts we couldn't beat pissburg as long as our D plan was to not touch rottenburger. I blame merv on this loss just as I have given him credit for the wins. This D simply needs a Leader that knows more about football planning than this baffoon we have been strapped with by this elmer fudd owner!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 11:54 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Watching tonight what they are doing is scary enough. They may beat us by 4 touchdowns. The only hope is there defense allow us to score every time we have possession

someone please fire marvin and Austin,cannot beat the stoolers,each and every year.as long as marvin is here they will own us and I so so hate this.I so hate the stoolers,and if you cannot beat them in your OWN HOUSE ,you super stink.fire marvin someone,anyone,he sucks.he sucks.This just ruined my whole year.I just knew this was going to happen,and they will get killed when they play them again and that will decide the division and the stoolers will win big and the nati will be laughed at for another year.This has been the way it is for 48 years.Aren't you so called fans just SICK OF THIS SHIT???????? All fans need to tweet,e-mail,social media facebook fax and write all players,coaches and news outlets and hammer them all week.DO NOT LET UP.LET THEM know how pissed off all of us are.Do not go to the stinkin games,why spend your hard earned dollars,they are just going to let you down AGAIN.Mark this on your calendar.the stoolers will win the division again.they cheat always and get away with it.the bungles will NEVER WIN ANYTHING.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 08:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I get that everyone is scared of the high powered offense of the Chiefs.  However, let's not forget that they just lost in almost identical fashion as the Bengals did, and almost allowed Pittsburgh to catch up to them, just a few weeks ago.  Seems to me that they have some of the same issues as the Bengals do.  They seem to be able to score at will, and have trouble stopping other teams from scoring.

Honestly, the only way I see a win being possible is if three things happen:

1. The Bengals consistently have long, sustained drives that end in at least 3 points.

2. The defense adopts a bend but don't break philosophy that's successful in limiting the big throws/plays and makes crucial stops in the red zone.

3. Our entire D-line rebounds from Sunday and actually stops the run for once this season.

Point 1 can happen if  Dalton and co come ready to play. This is the most likely of the 3 to happen. After that there's a big dropoff though.

Point 2 won't happen for a whole 60 minutes I don't see the secondary minus Dennard keeping the deep routes in check the entire game.  WJII can do his job. Dre can do his as long as he's not Dre Craptastic. Our weakest link will be Mcrae who frankly, just isn't that good. Gone are the days where our secondary call roll with anyone.

There's zero chance of point 3 happening, and this is where I predict things be be their worst. 2 can't happen if Kareem Hunt is consistently making plays because it opens up the play action against a defense that (A), isn't afraid to blitz, and (B); has a below average linebacker core that looks to be even worse after Burfict gets the hammer (It will happen. We need to accept that). 

I didn't mention stopping the tight ends because I think everyone knows that just ain't happening. It hasn't happend when we've had better LB groups and it's not going to happen when we've arguably fielded the worst LB group we've had in years.
Reply/Quote
Luckily the chiefs D is terrible.

But If mahomes gets as much time as Ben got (0 pressures) thecheifs could hang 50. Even when you do pressure mahomes, he can make you pay.
Reply/Quote
No way we beat the Cheifs, but I'm holding out hope against the Chiefs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I mean...yea. Probably not.

But what are you gonna do? *shrug*
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:08 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Honestly, the only way I see a win being possible is if three things happen:

1. The Bengals consistently have long, sustained drives that end in at least 3 points.

2. The defense adopts a bend but don't break philosophy that's successful in limiting the big throws/plays and makes crucial stops in the red zone.

3. Our entire D-line rebounds from Sunday and actually stops the run for once this season.

Point 1 can happen if  Dalton and co come ready to play. This is the most likely of the 3 to happen. After that there's a big dropoff though.

Point 2 won't happen for a whole 60 minutes I don't see the secondary minus Dennard keeping the deep routes in check the entire game.  WJII can do his job. Dre can do his as long as he's not Dre Craptastic. Our weakest link will be Mcrae who frankly, just isn't that good. Gone are the days where our secondary call roll with anyone.

There's zero chance of point 3 happening, and this is where I predict things be be their worst. 2 can't happen if Kareem Hunt is consistently making plays because it opens up the play action against a defense that (A), isn't afraid to blitz, and (B); has a below average linebacker core that looks to be even worse after Burfict gets the hammer (It will happen. We need to accept that). 

I didn't mention stopping the tight ends because I think everyone knows that just ain't happening. It hasn't happend when we've had better LB groups and it's not going to happen when we've arguably fielded the worst LB group we've had in years.

This is spot on.....our best chance is to win in a shootout, a la Atlanta.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Never tell me the odds !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I know we're all down because of the loss to the Steelers. It sucks. Once again we gave away a victory. However, this team is showing a lot this year. Down 6 with over 3 minutes to go, I didn't doubt that Dalton would lead us to a go ahead TD. He's playing really well this year and has been doing this time and time again. Yeah, burning a little more clock would've been nice, but the offense did their job. They got the ball and went down and got the go ahead score. You can't ask for anything else. They gave the D a chance to come up big again and they just didn't make the plays when we needed it most.

Tough losses are going to happen. This team could've wilted. Dalton could've thrown a costly pick. One of the receivers could've fumbled. The OLine could've continuously shot us in the foot with penalties. Instead, they marched down the field and gave us a lead with just over 1 minute left in the game. Against the Steelers no less.

We might lose to KC next week. I think these guys will keep us in it though. It's nice to know that if we need a score late in the game, we can count on our QB to rally the troops and lead us to it.
Reply/Quote
We will lose by at least 14 points next week.

If the Chiefs can score 40 against the best coach in NFL history, imagine what they will do to our head coach and his D coordinator off of a loss and playing in Kansas City.

We won't be able to stop Hunt running the ball and Kelce( the best TE in the league) will kill us.

This season could cash very quickly. Team is going no where until the head coach is replaced.

I also stated in another post that our 4-3 alignment is obviously out dated in the current NFL. They need a brilliant and creative D coordinator who runs a 3-4- and I understand that means changes in our personnel.
Reply/Quote
Bengals just need to get healthy you quitters.

They can easily beat Chiefs with Gio and Mixon having big days and eat up a lot of clock to limit Chiefs chances.

Mahomes threw some ugly balls early in that game and we are due some picks.

Any given Sunday ! The Bengals do not suck, albeit the OL blows.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
With the injuries that we suffered, this one is going to be a blowout loss. 4-3 and the wheels will be off the season after a "hot" start.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 11:51 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A

I'll gladly eat crow next week if i'm proven wrong. I just don't see it happening.

Does anyone see the Bengals D coming up big against Mahones, Kelce, and the Chiefs? Probably without Burfict for awhile, but I don't think he'd make that much of a difference.

I see Dalton and the O putting up a valiant effort to keep up but not being able to.

The bolded is the biggest lie to ever come down the pike.  Nobody who ever utters these words ever means them.  What they are really saying is I know I will be proven right and will then crow endlessly about it.

And now we're in the who can come up with the most obnoxious, most defeatist thread of all.  I know you're swinging for the fences with this one but I imagine it won't even end up in the top ten, much to your chagrin.  Better luck next time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote