Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We have The Best Run D In The NFL With Reader Playing!
According to Next Gen Stats, our run defense success rate with Reader on the field is 73.3%, which would lead the league by A SIGNIFICANT margin if he had played every game because the Titans lead the league at 65.1%!

Obviously, that might not have played out the exact same, but it still goes to show how much better our run defense is with Reader in the lineup, which is important because three of the six teams remaining on the schedule are in the top ten in run yards per game (three in the top ten of YPC and four in the top eleven if you think that it's a more important stat).

Run defense is going to be very important as it gets colder and tougher to throw, as well as important in preventing other teams from controlling the clock and game!

[Image: FirK_PFUUAENhc1?format=jpg&name=large]

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Dude is awesome!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Reader is irreplaceable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I love this gif.

Reply/Quote
Small sample size but yes, Reader is a beast.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reader reminds me of Haloti Ngati,(not sure if the spelling is correct),who used to play for the Baltimore Ravens.When he was in his prime,he was a force to be dealt with.Reader has about the same build as he did.He wasn’t only big and powerful,but he was fast,and had quickness.Very athletic.

He was part of that Super Bowl team the Ravens had back then.Reader makes things much easier for the rest of the DL and linebackers.
Reply/Quote
Reader is definitely an unsung in-the-trenches hero on this team.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2022, 03:04 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Reader reminds me of Haloti Ngati

Isn’t that the building in Die Hard? Makes sense.  Wink

Reply/Quote
Dude takes away both A gaps by himself.

I mean, how do you construct a game plan as a coach when you have to just accept that you won’t have those gaps with any consistency. It’s no surprise we rank that high defensively against the run
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Pay the man!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 03:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Pay the man!

yep, got to find a way to pay the Gravedigger

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2022, 11:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: According to Next Gen Stats, our run defense success rate with Reader on the field is 73.3%, which would lead the league by A SIGNIFICANT margin if he had played every game because the Titans lead the league at 65.1%!

Obviously, that might not have played out the exact same, but it still goes to show how much better our run defense is with Reader in the lineup, which is important because three of the six teams remaining on the schedule are in the top ten in run yards per game (three in the top ten of YPC and four in the top eleven if you think that it's a more important stat).

Run defense is going to be very important as it gets colder and tougher to throw, as well as important in preventing other teams from controlling the clock and game!

[Image: FirK_PFUUAENhc1?format=jpg&name=large]

WHO-DEY!

Good stuff, Brad.  Thanks for sharing.  I think Reader does so much that he doesn't get credit for.  He may not have gaudy sack or tackle numbers, but if you have ever played LB, you know what a gift it is to be kept clean and offensive linemen simply don't get to the second level when he is in there.  At least not from the middle. 

I remember JJ Watt being very verbally frustrated with Reader being signed away from the Texans.  Much more than the typical "hate to see my teammate go, but it is a business" cliche.  
Reply/Quote
D line looks like a completely different unit with DJ - made Henry look pedestrian...
Reply/Quote
Reader is such an undeniable force!
Reply/Quote
And we have yet to give up a 300+ yard passing game this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:00 AM)Rattler Wrote: D line looks like a completely different unit with DJ - made Henry look pedestrian...

I was also Very very impressed with the way Hilton was wrapping up Henry.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 02:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: And we have yet to give up a 300+ yard passing game this season.

The Dolphins threw for over 300 yards but it technically isn’t counted because of two QBs playing and Bridgewater was sacked, bringing the team passing yards down. However, Bridgewater had 193 and Tua had 110.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, Brad.  Thanks for sharing.  I think Reader does so much that he doesn't get credit for.  He may not have gaudy sack or tackle numbers, but if you have ever played LB, you know what a gift it is to be kept clean and offensive linemen simply don't get to the second level when he is in there.  At least not from the middle. 

I remember JJ Watt being very verbally frustrated with Reader being signed away from the Texans.  Much more than the typical "hate to see my teammate go, but it is a business" cliche.  

That's why I'd get so mad when people would say that Peko wasn't good because he wasn't getting a bunch of tackles or sacks and I would try to explain that his job isn't to get a lot of sacks and tackles, his job is to eat up blocks so the backers can get sacks and tackles and to clog holes!

Reader is better than Peko and does get some tackles and a sack every now and then (Peko got a few, too), and last year I think he had a few, but his difference can't be measured in his personal statistics. 

I'm glad he's back and can't wait to see how the defense plays with him back!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:00 AM)Rattler Wrote: D line looks like a completely different unit with DJ - made Henry look pedestrian...

Yes sir and, like I said above, his difference can't be measured by his personal statistics! He changes the entire defense!

It will be interesting to see if he can also help us get to Mahomes because, like I said, his job isn't necessarily to get a bunch of sacks, but it's to occupy blockers so other people can get sacks.
Reply/Quote