Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a new star on ours hands
Something fans noticed months ago but the Bengals staff is only realizing now due to injury...Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: People's minds are going to explode. I thought the current disgruntled fan narrative is that the Bengals only draft 1st round busts????

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure WJ3 could have been doing this since week 3. #Stickbyourvets. Come to think of it, I am going to tweet Trump right after this about putting Marvin in charge of Veteran benefits. Every vet will have a life time job under Marvin.

Shit, he could have been doing it LAST season......but we needed Peerman more. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're missing my point.

Those guys were on-field intelligent leaders too.

Iloka is missing Nelson.  It really shows.  DreK is far too immature even being a vet.

Sorry if you don't think they're valued experience is missed.

You're exactly right.....and Reggie had a pick yesterday, also dropped a pick 6.

Reply/Quote
Too bad the bengals gave dre an absurd contract so wj3 has no chance of getting resigned.. he will probably end up going to a team that will beat us in the playoffs due to him intercepting a pass in the endzone. (Sorry, still buttsore about not resigning jj)
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17

[Image: Game-Ball-CIN-a-768x432.jpg]

Bench his ass....We will have none of that playmaking around here.  Breaks up our team chemistry.  
Reply/Quote
Jackson is the real deal. He leads all CB's this year (with at least 40 targets) in lowest completion % allowed at 36.6. The next closest is Casey Hayward at 43.7. 

He is one of the best young corners that I've seen in years at playing the receiver, positioning himself and making adjustments when the ball is in the air...things he also excelled at in college. 

I think he has the talent to eventually be a multiple time Pro Bowler. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 03:24 PM)corpjet Wrote: Yet our idiot coach decided to still play PacMan............what a joke............

A pox on you for making me defend Lewis, but while Jackson has been awesome in man coverage, he has struggled to learn where he should be in zone. That is what kept him off the field, and where he has made his worst mistakes....
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 01:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jackson is the real deal. He leads all CB's this year (with at least 40 targets) in lowest completion % allowed at 36.6. The next closest is Casey Hayward at 43.7. 

He is one of the best young corners that I've seen in years at playing the receiver, positioning himself and making adjustments when the ball is in the air...things he also excelled at in college. 

I think he has the talent to eventually be a multiple time Pro Bowler. 

He needs to be the model for future CB draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 01:08 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He was out last year with a torn pec.

I thought that he was ok to come back but they opted for Peerman instead.  IDK, maybe they wanted to play it safe with the injury.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:48 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I thought that he was ok to come back but they opted for Peerman instead.  IDK, maybe they wanted to play it safe with the injury.  

I wonder if gaining an additional RFA season factored into the decision to activate Peerman. In other words, the AJ McCarron logic.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:48 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I thought that he was ok to come back but they opted for Peerman instead.  IDK, maybe they wanted to play it safe with the injury.  

Yep, that's what happened, 'cause 'teams. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers has thrown only two “pick sixes” in his entire career and they took place ten years apart, both intercepted by men named Jackson: Tampa Bay’s Tanard Jackson in 2007 and Cincinnati’s William Jackson III in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 10:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Coyle should get some credit for the growth of both WJIII and Dennard. Along with his prior work with Pac in his prime down to Hall, Joseph, Crocker, Tory James and Deltha O'neal etc. He's good with cb's. Struggles to develop Safeties. Dre's an outlier for him as it relates to cb development (and he had him playing good enough to get paid last season). And he knows Zimmers scheme. If Guenther stays, I see Coyle staying.

I gotta disagree with this. Coyle was terrible before he left and once he left, Zim played man and our DBs excelled. Now Coyle is back and we play zone again and and teams drive up and down like it's a Sunday church drive..
Reply/Quote
Jackson Island.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 03:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I gotta disagree with this. Coyle was terrible before he left and once he left, Zim played man and our DBs excelled. Now Coyle is back and we play zone again and and teams drive up and down like it's a Sunday church drive..

Some of those deficiencies in zone are Safety/Linebacker play as well as CB.

Our safeties just aren't very good since Nelson left.

Iloka dropped off a lot. 

I'm worried by Williams and the fact he has a lengthy contract...  but at least not much dead cap dollars in the future as is drops drastically.

Linebackers in coverage have always been a problem here.

That's why outside of O-Line they really need to focus on LB & FS in the upper rounds(of course DT/DE should always be looked at every draft).

We really really need a ball hawking FS.  A few linebackers who can fall into coverage too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 07:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Some of those deficiencies in zone are Safety/Linebacker play as well as CB.

Our safeties just aren't very good since Nelson left.

Iloka dropped off a lot. 

I'm worried by Williams and the fact he has a lengthy contract...  but at least not much dead cap dollars in the future as is drops drastically.

Linebackers in coverage have always been a problem here.

That's why outside of O-Line they really need to focus on LB & FS in the upper rounds(of course DT/DE should always be looked at every draft).

We really really need a ball hawking FS.  A few linebackers who can fall into coverage too.
Not disagreeing with what you are saying. I would settle for a LB that can come up and stuff the run also.
Agree about Williams, he's no Nelson for sure. Coyle was a bad coach before and since he has come back our back end of the defense has regressed.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 08:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not disagreeing with what you are saying. I would settle for a LB that can come up and stuff the run also.
Agree about Williams, he's no Nelson for sure. Coyle was a bad coach before and since he has come back our back end of the defense has regressed.

Yeah I really hate this playing so far off the WR type coverage.

That weak zone...  a average QB could dink and dunk all day on that if he(or the OC)didn't get bored by it. Whatever

I know they were doing well in scoring defense for a stretch, but between the 20s and third downs they were so atrocious.

Also when they drop back on passing downs they weren't stopping the WR before letting them get extra yardage to make the 1st downs.

Dennard as a DB has shown some really good tackling skills lately but it's been inconsistent throughout the whole D most of this season.

DreK has been completely awful at tackling.

Yeah I'm not impressed by Coyle and his schemes either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
WJIII and Lawson are certainly bright spots for the future, should we fix the line and coaching staff.

These are Pro-Bowl caliber players. Guys you build teams around.

We had several weak drafts in a row, but it finally looks like we got a pair of major hits.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 04:10 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: It has been perfectly obvious from very early on that Jackson was a rare talent who should have been starting right away.  It took far too long for him to be getting sufficient snaps.  Typical.

You know it Thundercloud. Always takes too long for these coaches.

Will Jax should of been starting over either Adam or Dre by atleast midseason, he shown enough, they shown enough.

Dennard has also been playing better than either of these two finally and finally got healthy.

Really like these two young Corners. DreK, not so much. Too much of a flambouyant penalty machine.
Reply/Quote
Also agree with the ones talking about Coyle and this soft zone shit.

Just like O-lineman, they like to play aggressive.

The Corners should be playing more man to man and less zone.

I am kind of scared of if the next HC is Jay that he keeps Paulie G and Coyle around...
Reply/Quote