Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a problem at RB
And a good one to have.

Ellis has to make the team right? They've showcased him so much, can they sneak him on the practice squad? We aren't keeping 5 rb's. No matter how traumatized ZT is after seeing Gurley run into the dirt. We may not even keep 4, with us likely keeping 7 receivers.

I wish they would have saved Anderson and PUP'd him to save the roster spot and have him back mid season. I thought that was a head scratching move. We didn't need him yet. But you have to think he makes it.

They are high on Williams, I can't see him getting cut.

If Mixon and Gio are locks (so we are to believe and therefore must with Gio). Do you cut Ellis?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
ZT on Ellis

Quote:"It’s a little easier to tell tomorrow, to be honest with you. I know Joe [Mixon] had a good one when we got called for holding. It’s good to see those guys in there, they’re difference makers so it’s a little easier to call the run game. I thought Jordan Ellis did a nice job. He was our last man standing. We were out of backs. He was in there, we tried to give him a break at times, but he kept fighting his tail off and getting some hard-earned runs. We felt like we got better at the run game as the game got going. Our guys got in a grove a little bit and that’s typically the way it goes and he does a good job of grinding those out."

For the second week in a row he was leaned on to carry the run game. And answered in the air and on the ground.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There have been two preseason games played and in both games, T. Williams left the games due to an injury.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'll just say it's going to be very interesting to see who the final 53 are.
Reply/Quote
I imagine the final roster will play out like this. So I would not worry to much about the number games at RB.
2 QB
4 RB
4 TE
8 OL
7 WR
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I believe that Rodney Anderson will play the 3rd preseason game. He is believed to be quite talented but also has injury history.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I think it's definitely time to start thinking that Ellis makes the team. I had big hopes for T. Williams, but can he hold up in the NFL game? Ellis is dynamic, in the way that he can run it inside and out, as well as a receiver.

Every year, some guys fail to live up to expectations, and some others outshine what was projected for them. This year, it's starting to look like Ellis is one of those hidden gems.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Keep the healthy, release the injured. The Zac era is no Marvin era.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Keep the healthy, release the injured. The Zac era is no Marvin era.

Not sure how much stock I would by into that quote since Eifert remains, but totally buy into the difference between era’s (on hope alone because the ZT era has yet to be seen). Players who just can’t stay healthy should not be on the team year after year. Although now I think about it, I don’t think we’ve had that issue at the RB position. Mainly WR, TE, and defensive backfield.

Reply/Quote
WTH, Eifert is healthy. The leg break last year was a freak occurrence that would have broken ANY players ankle. If Tyler starts having back problems again, that's one thing, but you can't lay a broken ankle on him and cut him over it. And if Andy didn't overthrow him Thurs night, he would have had a TD on his first time on the field.
Reply/Quote
I wish they would take a look at Legerette Blount
As a short yardage back.
Yeah he's a free agent and all. But hes a still a monster
On 3rd and short.
Reply/Quote
I dont think any plans for the 53 have changed. Havent heard much about Trayveons foot injury. Hopfully another minor knick. He isnt going anywhere. The first one was an injury from making a TD saving tackle on a pure hustle play. Ellis has probably taken Flowers PS spot. If Anderson shows he is healthy and back to form he will probably get the nod. If he looks rusty maybe he goes to the PS and Ellis sticks.

That is why it is crazy to invest a ton of money at RB. There are a bunch of them.
Reply/Quote
I think they have some very interesting decisions to make at RB, WR, and TE. What they decide to do at one position will affect the others, too.

My guess is that they try to stash Ellis on the practice squad.

They could always throw us a curveball and split with Gio... I don't think that they will, but it could be a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 01:51 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think they have some very interesting decisions to make at RB, WR, and TE. What they decide to do at one position will affect the others, too.

My guess is that they try to stash Ellis on the practice squad.

They could always throw us a curveball and split with Gio... I don't think that they will, but it could be a possibility.
Does anyone that has good LB depth need a RB? If so as much as I love Gio trade him and get a decent LB.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 02:05 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Does anyone that has good LB depth need a RB? If so as much as I love Gio trade him and get a decent LB.

Depends what you consider good, but with Melvin Gordon wanting a big contract or not playing for SD, Bernard would fit perfect there with Austin Ekeler.
In terms of the LBs they have, Jatavis Brown is their first guy off the bench, and he had 96 combined tackles, 5 PDs, 1 FF, and 1 sack last year. 
And just like Bernard, Brown is in the last year of his rookie contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sucks that Traveon is getting injured, have really high hopes for this guy.

Anderson has always been injured, so I think Ellis definitely has a great shot to make the team.

We will keep 4 RB's.
Reply/Quote
Per Zac presser...Williams out the remainder of preseason with a foot injury. Seattle game not guaranteed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: Per Zac presser...Williams out the remainder of preseason with a foot injury.  Seattle game not guaranteed

Hmmm, I wonder if this means PS or PUP for him ? We've really not seem him at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: Per Zac presser...Williams out the remainder of preseason with a foot injury.  Seattle game not guaranteed

Well Ellis will make the team then.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hmmm, I wonder if this means PS or PUP for him ? We've really not seem him at all.

He can't go on PUP.  He has practiced and played

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote