Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a problem at RB
(08-18-2019, 02:00 PM)pally Wrote: Per Zac presser...Williams out the remainder of preseason with a foot injury.  Seattle game not guaranteed

I would not feel comfortable keeping T. Williams on the 53 roster. Yes, he is talented but two games, two injuries.  

Williams has had "5" carries for 9 yards compared to Elllis's 18 carries for 63 yards.  Small sample size I know but still, I would like players to be able to play and not worry every time the player gets hit.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ellis has showed he belongs.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:58 PM)pally Wrote: He can't go on PUP.  He has practiced and played

Well there goes that. The reserve injury to return list ? I dunno
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well there goes that. The reserve injury to return list ? I dunno

I believe only one player can return from IR mid season.  They may need it for AJ Green.  Let's hope not.  J. Williams has the fantasy that he will be back before season end.  Not sure about that either.  Seems like options are limited for the talented RB.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 02:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would not feel comfortable keeping T. Williams on the 53 roster. Yes, he is talented but two games, two injuries.  

Williams has had "5" carries for 9 yards compared to Elllis's 18 carries for 63 yards.  Small sample size I know but still, I would like players to be able to play and not worry every time the player gets hit.  

I worry more about Anderson than Traveon. Way bigger history of injuries than Traveon.

I keep Traveon for his talent on the roster, he would just not dress. This happens with a lot of players.

No way i cut Traveon Williams cause of two bad luck injuries in Preseason before he even gets 10 carries.

Way too talented. Dude could be a legitimate star.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I worry more about Anderson than Traveon. Way bigger history of injuries than Traveon.

I keep Traveon for his talent on the roster, he would just not dress. This happens with a lot of players.

No way i cut Traveon Williams cause of two bad luck injuries in Preseason before he even gets 10 carries.

Way too talented. Dude could be a legitimate star.

Anderson's injury history has been sort of freakish.  Hopefully he can play because Anderson is special talent.  Graceful bull-dog on the run.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 11:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Anderson's injury history has been sort of freakish.  Hopefully he can play because Anderson is special talent.  Graceful bull-dog on the run.  

Traveon is even more talented, much faster and can break a big run any second.

Led all of college in TD's and yards.

I like Rodney but his injury history is crazy concerning.

Not going to throw Traveon in his category after 2 injuries where he misses a few games.

Anderson missed seasons in college and is not near the explosive threat Traveon is.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: And a good one to have.

Ellis has to make the team right? They've showcased him so much, can they sneak him on the practice squad? We aren't keeping 5 rb's. No matter how traumatized ZT is after seeing Gurley run into the dirt. We may not even keep 4, with us likely keeping 7 receivers.

I wish they would have saved Anderson and PUP'd him to save the roster spot and have him back mid season. I thought that was a head scratching move. We didn't need him yet. But you have to think he makes it.

They are high on Williams, I can't see him getting cut.

If Mixon and Gio are locks (so we are to believe and therefore must with Gio). Do you cut Ellis?

Well Williams is pretty banged up and could get pup'd. Ive liked what ive seen out of Ellis so far. I think overall we did a good job drafting running backs this year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 08:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well Williams is pretty banged up and could get pup'd. Ive liked what ive seen out of Ellis so far. I think overall we did a good job drafting running backs this year.

Pup'd?  I always understood it to be that if a player practiced or played, he was ineligible for the P.U.P. list.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 08:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pup'd?  I always understood it to be that if a player practiced or played, he was ineligible for the P.U.P. list.

Does preseason count? I thought that only was a regular season thing. I could be wrong though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have doubts Ellis makes it, but I've been wrong before. I see nothing to indicate Taveon's injury is serious enough to preclude him from much other than preseason games, but on the other hand just the very mention of the word "dinged" with the Bengals can mean anything from double amputations of both legs to a minor scratch shaving.. I hate vague terminology like "dinged". It's meaningless and misleading at best. It sounds like something that happens to a refrigerator during shipment. a ding and dent sale.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 08:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pup'd?  I always understood it to be that if a player practiced or played, he was ineligible for the P.U.P. list.

You are correct. He's practiced (and played). He won't be eligible for PUP.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd take Ellis over Anderson. Kinda like the Colts, how's Luck doing for you? The Colts have been none factor while nursing their talented QB for years now. If you can't play, you can't win.
Reply/Quote
There was really no reason to rush Anderson into action.

Ellis reminds me of a young CJ Anderson. But a much bigger weapon in the passing game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There are 100 backs in the NFL just like Ellis, nothing really special about the guy. He doesn't make guys miss and his vision is pretty limited. As the last back on the roster you could do worse I guess, but I'm not going to get super excited about a guy carving up 2nd and 3rd team defenses. He kind of reminds me of Cedric Peerman. A guy who runs really hard right at guys and sometimes will break one.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: There was really no reason to rush Anderson into action.

Ellis reminds me of a young CJ Anderson. But a much bigger weapon in the passing game.

He plays hard.  Tough to not like that in a prospect.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: There are 100 backs in the NFL just like Ellis, nothing really special about the guy. He doesn't make guys miss and his vision is pretty limited. As the last back on the roster you could do worse I guess, but I'm not going to get super excited about a guy carving up 2nd and 3rd team defenses. He kind of reminds me of Cedric Peerman. A guy who runs really hard right at guys and sometimes will break one.

We need healthy RBs...   that is the reason we still have Gio after all these years.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:00 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need healthy RBs...   that is the reason we still have Gio after all these years.

The only way he gets on the roster is if Williams goes to IR, upside over a totter all day. Like I said you can go out on the street and find guys like him. If I am going youth they better have huge upside because there will be a bunch of unemployeed veteran HB's week 1 that are better than him that you can get cheap.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 02:05 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Does anyone that has good LB depth need a RB? If so as much as I love Gio trade him and get a decent LB.

Back when they picked Williams I thought it should be a strong possibility for parting with Gio.

Especially if it involved signing/trading for a serviceable linebacker.

Now I'm not so sure.

Gio might just need to be here for his durability as well as his talent.

Oh well...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'd take Ellis over Anderson.    Kinda like the Colts, how's Luck doing for you? The Colts have been none factor while nursing their talented QB for years now. If you can't play, you can't win.

Uh...hello...the Colts were in the playoffs last year and Luck threw 39 TD passes.  Does the truth even fit in your mouth?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote