Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have it Pretty Good
Several times tonight, I saw two, sometimes three guys defending Aaron Donald. So not only does DET have a great offensive line, they know how to use them to take the opposing team's best defensive player out of the game. Wish we had an offensive line and coach that could do that!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you're 67 years old, The Detriot Lions have won ONE playoff game in your lifetime

I'm pretty close..3 more years..That and five bucks will get me a cup of coffee at FiveBucks.. err Starbucks..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 11:25 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I wish we had an o line that could block AAron Donald on a passing down/

They doubled & tripled Donald all night & singled everyone else. Dared someone else to beat them. Smart coaching. 
Reply/Quote
I can get caught up in the moment and criticize the Bengals a little too harshly, I'll admit that.

But at least this Bengals team aren't nearly the choke jobs from the head coach to the quarterback like America's team is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 12:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can get caught up in the moment and criticize the Bengals a little too harshly, I'll admit that.

But at least this Bengals team aren't nearly the choke jobs from the head coach to the quarterback like America's team is.

Burrow doesn't get the opportunity to choke in the big games. The opposing defense mauls in him 1.2 seconds after the OL breaks down.

Sarcasm

Super Bowl loss blues. Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 09:49 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Dallas with another choke. Now need a Bills win tomorrow to complete a good Wild Card weekend.

Gotta have a solid HC and a clutch QB to be successful in the post season. Dak just isn’t wired that way.
We do have it good with Zac* and Burrow.

*The head coach not the play caller

I think I saw the first 3 quarters.. it was more than Dak. It was a complete team meltdown. I believe Lamb was out of his game completely too. One of those games where one team did everything right and the other didnt...  reminds me of the Marvin year playoffs. The packers were hot, Love was impressive.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: To add to this. The Cleveland Browns are 13 million
Over the cap in 2024. I hope they enjoyed their
One and done playoff appearance this year

Don't they have to be under the cap the same amount the next year?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 12:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Nacua is a star.

Yes he is.  In a brilliant coaching move I sat him and his 20 fantasy points in my semifinals and played Davante Adams, who racked up 2.
Reply/Quote
If there is a silver lining to this season WE DIDN'T GO ONE AND DONE in the playoffs! That's a small victory..sort of..in a way.. The problem with Cleveland is they don't know the difference between Cleve and Choke..land. Kind of synonymous.  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 09:53 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: There's no drama in Dallas either though. Dak is a stand up guy. 

True, but just a mediocre over paid QB.  He has no clutch.  He does not have "It", which makes him a better Andy Dalton, which means 0-1 playoffs wins is all they'll ever see with Dak at QB.  When he runs into a good defense, he folds every time.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 12:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I can get caught up in the moment and criticize the Bengals a little too harshly, I'll admit that.

At first I thought it was similar to the Dalton-Green Bengals. But they never got their asses kicked THIS badly in the postseason.

Maybe the Indy playoff game, but injuries were so bad we had Rex Burkhead in the slot.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:22 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: At first I thought it was similar to the Dalton-Green Bengals. But they never got their asses kicked THIS badly in the postseason.

Maybe the Indy playoff game, but injuries were so bad we had Rex Burkhead in the slot.

They got destroyed by the Texans Dalton’s rookie season 31-10.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, loved watching the Packers beat down the Cowboys. Those buggers must be cursed, they supposedly had the best Offense
in the league this year and just didn't show up. The Packers are young and talented though. I bet Packerbacker is pleased with the
play of Jordan Love and his young WR's. The Packers Defense played very good as well.

Rooting for the Bills today big time to beat the stoolpitt and this has been a very good Wildcard weekend.

Lions are the other team I am rooting for to get to the SB besides the Bills.

That was a damn good game yesterday against the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, loved watching the Packers beat down the Cowboys. Those buggers must be cursed, they supposedly had the best Offense
in the league this year and just didn't show up. The Packers are young and talented though. I bet Packerbacker is pleased with the
play of Jordan Love and his young WR's. The Packers Defense played very good as well.

Rooting for the Bills today big time to beat the stoolpitt and this has been a very good Wildcard weekend.

I would like to see a Bills/Lions SB.
The most important thing is to root against Pitt today (and every day).
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, loved watching the Packers beat down the Cowboys. Those buggers must be cursed, they supposedly had the best Offense

The offense showed up.

Their D on the other hand...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 04:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to see a Bills/Lions SB.  

I cannot root for the Bills to be in the Super Bowl. Win today, yes, because its against the Steelers. But as a long-time fan, i remember too vividly what the Bills did to the Bengals in 1989 with their  whining to the league to change the rules at the last minute before the AFC championship game. I think that change is what cost the Bengals a Super Bowl. For the Bills to get a Super Bowl before the Bengals is just intolerable to me for that reason.

To refresh, Sam Wyche made a brilliant change to the Bengals offense to make sure the defense didn't get to substitute their defensive packages: the no-huddle. No longer could a team substitute speedy nickelbacks for slow linebackers as the down and yardage called for. When they got Boomer Esiason they ran it to perfection. If the defense tried to substitute, Boomer would catch them with too many players on the field. If the defense got tired, tough luck. The Bengals lead the league in scoring, finished with the 1st place AFC record, and were virtually unstoppable. 

I remember like it was yesterday when the Bills, right before the AFC championship, complained the Bengals had an unfair advantage running their no-huddle. They said they would have a Buffalo player go down as if injured "after every play" so they could substitute. The Seahawks had done it earlier, and it was embarrassing for the Seahawks and the game, to see a player fake an injury, and then be back in a play later. Again and again and again. Now the Bills said they were going to do it in the championship game.

TWO HOURS before the AFC championship, the league office told the Bengals they couldn't run the no-huddle and if they did the no-huddle they would be penalized 15-yards every time they did. Not penalize the Bills for faking injuries, but penalize the Bengals.

The Bengals won that game against the Bills , but the lack of having that offense for the Super Bowl might well have cost them a Super Bowl.

It was insane. It's like complaining about Philadelphia tush push and telling them it would no longer be allowed in the championship game and Super Bowl.

So, let the Bills win today, because it's Pittsburgh, and I'll also never get over having Palmer's leg shredded in what looked like another Super Bowl year. But after today, a pox on the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 04:16 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to see a Bills/Lions SB.  

Damn rights Clark.

(01-15-2024, 04:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The offense showed up.

Their D on the other hand...

The Offense showed up right before the half and a bit more in the 2nd but for them, that was an embarrassing game at Home for a 
team that averaged 37 points during the regular season. Jordan Love torched that Defense alright.

(01-15-2024, 04:49 PM)Nepa Wrote: I cannot root for the Bills to be in the Super Bowl. Win today, yes, because its against the Steelers. But as a long-time fan, i remember too vividly what the Bills did to the Bengals in 1989 with their  whining to the league to change the rules at the last minute before the AFC championship game. I think that change is what cost the Bengals a Super Bowl. For the Bills to get a Super Bowl before the Bengals is just intolerable to me for that reason.

To refresh, Sam Wyche made a brilliant change to the Bengals offense to make sure the defense didn't get to substitute their defensive packages: the no-huddle. No longer could a team substitute speedy nickelbacks for slow linebackers as the down and yardage called for. When they got Boomer Esiason they ran it to perfection. If the defense tried to substitute, Boomer would catch them with too many players on the field. If the defense got tired, tough luck. The Bengals lead the league in scoring, finished with the 1st place AFC record, and were virtually unstoppable. 

I remember like it was yesterday when the Bills, right before the AFC championship, complained the Bengals had an unfair advantage running their no-huddle. They said they would have a Buffalo player go down as if injured "after every play" so they could substitute. The Seahawks had done it earlier, and it was embarrassing for the Seahawks and the game, to see a player fake an injury, and then be back in a play later. Again and again and again. Now the Bills said they were going to do it in the championship game.

TWO HOURS before the AFC championship, the league office told the Bengals they couldn't run the no-huddle and if they did the no-huddle they would be penalized 15-yards every time they did. Not penalize the Bills for faking injuries, but penalize the Bengals.

The Bengals won that game against the Bills , but the lack of having that offense for the Super Bowl might well have cost them a Super Bowl.

It was insane. It's like complaining about Philadelphia tush push and telling them it would no longer be allowed in the championship game and Super Bowl.

So, let the Bills win today, because it's Pittsburgh, and I'll also never get over having Palmer's leg shredded in what looked like another Super Bowl year. But after today, a pox on the Bills.

I blame the NFL more than the Bills for this, but I understand why you won't root for the Bills for these reasons.

Still that was a long time ago and the Bills went to like 4 SB's in the 90's and couldn't win one. That is rough.

Almost as rough as our fandom. The Lions have it the worst though, so definitely rooting for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still that was a long time ago and the Bills went to like 4 SB's in the 90's and couldn't win one. That is rough.

Almost as rough as our fandom. The Lions have it the worst though, so definitely rooting for them.

Bengals
Browns
Bills
Lions

Definitely some rough periods for the fans! I'd be good with the Bills or Lions winning it all. Please no to the 49'ers, Chiefs, or Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 10:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine Jerry is on the phone right now with Bill Belichek saying "Name your price".

He's a true NFL team owner who wants to win at all cost. Your damn right he is.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bengals
Browns
Bills
Lions

Definitely some rough periods for the fans! I'd be good with the Bills or Lions winning it all. Please no to the 49'ers, Chiefs, or Ravens.

Same. I couldn't care less about the Browns though lol 

I don't like the Eagles much either. But the Lions and the Bills fans have had it tough similar to us.
Reply/Quote