Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jester
(10-26-2016, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am surprised no presidential candidate has offered to forgive all student loans, they would win in a landslide. As College tuition and Student loan debt continues to climb that is going to be a nuclear option for someone to pull out and win an election soon.

I don't support this by the way, just one of those things you'd expect someone to try.

I tell my kids in class, young people don't vote as much as old people, so politicians are more concerned about Social Security and Medicare than Student Loans. I worked a poll once during the 2012 primary and saw more old people who needed help walking than 25 and under voters. 

If they offer this, will they actually get more votes than they lose?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-26-2016, 01:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I tell my kids in class, young people don't vote as much as old people, so politicians are more concerned about Social Security and Medicare than Student Loans. I worked a poll once during the 2012 primary and saw more old people who needed help walking than 25 and under voters. 

If they offer this, will they actually get more votes than they lose?

The way things are going, some of those old people may still be paying for their student loans.
(10-26-2016, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am surprised no presidential candidate has offered to forgive all student loans, they would win in a landslide. As College tuition and Student loan debt continues to climb that is going to be a nuclear option for someone to pull out and win an election soon.

I don't support this by the way, just one of those things you'd expect someone to try.

Pretty positive that Jill Stein had that stance.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-26-2016, 03:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty positive that Jill Stein had that stance.

It has to come from someone who has a chance in hell of winning i.e. a Republican or Democrat.
(10-26-2016, 05:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: It has to come from someone who has a chance in hell of winning i.e. a Republican or Democrat.

You mean I am not going to get my free Pony? Damn.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/09/vermin-supreme-2012-presidential-candidate_n_1194609.html

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]