Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have the #1.....
Job Opening according to Sports Illustrated....... Sad

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/28/ranking-potential-nfl-head-coach-job-openings
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
They are probably right though I would put the Packers and Ravens up there for overall organizations. Look how long they gave Marvin to produce teams that could go more than 8 and 8. A new coach knows he has a really good chance of working out his contract. They can't say that in Cleveland

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I believe I would take Aaron Rodgers at QB over the "patience" of Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
haha. as much as theses beat writers think they know Cincinnati, they don't! Marvin isn't leaving till Marvin decides to leave.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: haha. as much as theses beat writers think they know Cincinnati, they don't! Marvin isn't leaving till Marvin decides to leave.

.....exactly, and then people wonder why some of us don't put a lot of stock into things they have to say about the team, coaches, and players.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ehh...pundits write nonsense to get attention and NOT to be accurate . If they thought writing that Mikey boy was the greatest team owner in the history of organized football to get a few extra clicks they'd do it . If they thought writing that nothing was ever Marvins fault would gain them a few thousand more clicks they wouldn't hesitate. They're in it for the ad revenue and it has absolutely nothing to do with the truth. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....exactly, and then people wonder why some of us don't put a lot of stock into things they have to say about the team, coaches, and players.  

Wait... Marvin's still here? I thought he got shit canned after last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
To MB that just means one will come cheap!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe I would take Aaron Rodgers at QB over the "patience" of Mike Brown.

Finally agree with Fred.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote: They are probably right though I would put the Packers and Ravens up there for overall organizations.  Look how long they gave Marvin to produce teams that could go more than 8 and 8.  A new coach knows he has a really good chance of working out his contract.  They can't say that in Cleveland

Hell, here he has a chance for his 5 year old to graduate from UC before he's canned.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It's basically a joke. It's the ultimate job where there is no accountability. Come here and lose as much as you want and you will be retained...where other teams will fire you after 2/3 years.
Reply/Quote
Just shows you how little the writer knows about the situation here. Marv is in the first year of a two year deal and Mike is not gonna pay two guys not to work.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe I would take Aaron Rodgers at QB over the "patience" of Mike Brown.

For how many years? Rodgers is getting up there in age. Do you really trust Brian Gutekunst to rebuild after he's done?

Give me the job security every day.  If you fail? No big deal, just blame everyone else in the building after you're fired - just like Hue did!
Reply/Quote
If it wasn’t clear before, it is now. We have become the joke of the NFL. 6ft deeper than the Browns. They want to win, we, well, just don’t. We are dead.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 11:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If it wasn’t clear before, it is now. We have become the joke of the NFL. 6ft deeper than the Browns. They want to win, we, well, just don’t. We are dead.

The Browns finally hired a quality GM in Dorsey and didn't tolerate fighting from coaches.

Seems like a lot of people in Cleveland think Jackson is a 'fake'.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown isn't going to be around forever, and while I don't wish ill will on anyone, I have to think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and cooler heads will prevail when it comes to hiring a head coach. OMG I sound like one of those positive thinkers.
Reply/Quote

Actually with Mike Brown you know you will be financially secure for at least a couple decades.

Packers job Vs Bengals job is like being asked to take on a challenge painting the 16th chapel with the finest of paints and materials, or you can chill with some Frisch's coloring papers and crayons as long as you like. just do your best to stay inside the lines as you wait for your checks.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 12:22 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Mike Brown isn't going to be around forever, and while I don't wish ill will on anyone, I have to think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and cooler heads will prevail when it comes to hiring a head coach. OMG I sound like one of those positive thinkers.

Do yourself a favor and look up CM Punk pipe bomb on YouTube. Replace Vince McMahon with Mike Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 12:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Do yourself a favor and look up CM Punk pipe bomb on YouTube. Replace Vince McMahon with Mike Brown.

the last punk ever worked in the profession too
Reply/Quote