Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have the worst rushing offense in the NFL
A portrait in futility.

188 attempts for 578 yards. Worst in the NFL.
An average of 3.1 yards per carry. Worst in the NFL.
2 rushing TD's. Only the Dolphins have less with 0.
Our long run on the year was 25 yards. Worst in the NFL.

Mixon is averaging 2.9 ypc.
Against Jacksonville, he graded out poorly by PFF as he didn't break a single tackle.
Also, Jacksonville had the worst run defense in the NFL going into that game.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: An average of 3.1 yards per carry. Worst in the NFL.

How sad is it that I thought it would've been lower than 3?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
And we've had one of the worst for the last couple years. I'm starting to blame the rb coach. Ruined Hill and has Mixon looking like a bust compared to other rookie rb's. Gio's been completely forgotten. Remember when he was a weapon?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Geee.....thanks, detective? Ninja LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Geee.....thanks, detective? Ninja LMAO

In other news: the sky is blue, water is wet, Dalton is a good QB, men like boobs and women are annoying. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: And we've had one of the worst for the last couple years. I'm starting to blame the rb coach. Ruined Hill and has Mixon looking like a bust compared to other rookie rb's. Gio's been completely forgotten. Remember when he was a weapon?

For what it's worth, Andy Benoit's thoughts on Mixon:

Jeremy has struggled since his rookie season and last year was dubbed 'two yard Jeremy' - but it was actually Gio who led last years backs in % of 2 yard or less runs per carry. 

All these backs having issues seems to say more about the line, the line coach and the run blocking scheme than it does about the backs. The situation is so f'd up, I don't think you can truly judge any of them fairly or accurately at this point.
Reply/Quote
The only thing surprising is that I thought Lazor prioritized rushing and quick passes in his offense. But maybe there's just nothing he can even try to overcome the fact that there are really no OL that get push off the LOS except for maybe Andre Smith (at least back in the day). This OL was built to be a zone-blocking OL that utilized athleticism and movement, not to be power guys who drive their man off the ball and create holes that way. And we know how well the Bengals OL has been when it comes to actually executing and succeeding this year with that athleticism and movement (hint: terrible).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lets promote Lazor to head coach... Mike Brown style baby!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For what it's worth, Andy Benoit's thoughts on Mixon:

Jeremy has struggled since his rookie season and last year was dubbed 'two yard Jeremy' - but it was actually Gio who led last years backs in % of 2 yard or less runs per carry. 

All these backs having issues seems to say more about the line, the line coach and the run blocking scheme than it does about the backs. The situation is so f'd up, I don't think you can truly judge any of them fairly or accurately at this point.

I'd blame it on the line, but we had a "good" line outside of 2016-pre but our struggles running the ball has gone on since Ced it seems.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/491017-john-mckay-remembering-a-football-legend-through-quotes

“It bothers me that they (the national media) have picked us to be the worst team in football. Because what they are doing now is challenging your physical and your mental capacity and my ability to coach you. Now, this hurts me. Second-worst team, I could stand it. But not the worst team.”
-John McKay
Reply/Quote
well considering we don't run the ball much.. and last game just had 30 odd some offensive plays id say that makes sense...

plus it feeds the horrible OL narriative
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lets promote Lazor to head coach... Mike Brown style baby!

you know its gonna be hue....  well maybe not since they didn't send us draft picks first.
Reply/Quote
Guys, guys, guys. This isn't a problem. First of all, Dalton. Second of all, we just need to execute better. Lastly, we all know the OLine isn't an issue.

That was hard to type out with a straight face.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you know its gonna be hue....  well maybe not since they didn't send us draft picks first.

I don't think so, Mike Brown has a huge grudge against the Browns because of what they did to his father. He may hold it against Hue... we're talking Mike here...throw logic out the window.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you know its gonna be hue....  well maybe not since they didn't send us draft picks first.

Sick Sick Sick Sick

I would rather have OchoCinco as HC!  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Actually we have the 32nd ranked offense right now I believe.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 07:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Actually we have the 32nd ranked offense right now I believe.

That is some kind of accomplishment right there!!! Btw Hobspin has a article and in it Ced"Ohbytheway" talks about the running game and how it needs to get better.... Who said the guy wasn't intelligent...
Reply/Quote
Our blocking technique, if you wanna call it that, on running plays is awful. I'm not sure if anyone even keeps this stat but I'd venture to say we have the most plays where our RB is hit at or behind the LOS in the league.\

And this isn't the first season we've been near the bottom in rushing !

Rock On Paul Alexander Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For what it's worth, Andy Benoit's thoughts on Mixon:

To quote AA. Nothing changes if nothing changes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Our blocking technique if you wanna call it that is awful. I'm not sure if anyone even keeps this stat but I'd venture to say we have the most plays where our RB is hit at or behind the LOS in the league.\

And this isn't the first season we've been near the bottom in rushing !

Rock On Paul Alexander Rock On

I actually posted yesterday,  Amir Abdullah leads the league in contact behind the LOS and Mixon is 2nd....
Reply/Quote