Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We havent peaked yet
we still are not playing our best football. this is a positive. I like our chances against anyone in afc besides for patriots and steelers. Andy Reid is worse than Marvin in the playoffs. Yes Reid has a better record. But Reid tends to choke in the playoffs in spectacular fashion. we will eventually at some point in the 2nd half of the season will play our best football. once we do it is paramount to stay at that level. we are still improving. Yes the D is playing bad though some credit has to be given for the amount of turnovers we are generating. and for the most part were getting stops when we have to besides for the steelers and chief games.
Reply/Quote
You're right!  This team HASN'T peaked yet, it's still on the rise;

Defensive Yards Allowed in the Last 3 Games

Pittsburgh - 481
Kansas City - 551
Tampa Bay - 576

Lord knows how many they give up against Brees!!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 01:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You're right!  This team HASN'T peaked yet, it's still on the rise;

Defensive Yards Allowed in the Last 3 Games

Pittsburgh - 481
Kansas City - 551
Tampa Bay - 576

Lord knows how many they give up against Brees!!

Sounds like Austin is just getting warmed up.
Reply/Quote
The sarcasm in here is disgusting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the problem is the offense has peaked and ANY injury on the OL will be devastating. The defense seems like a lost cause. If anything, we have a delusional record.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yes the D is playing bad though some credit has to be given for the amount of turnovers we are generating.

The Bengals are tied for 18th with 9 turnovers on D.

4 of those 9 were from just this week when Winston threw the ball DIRECTLY at defenders.

Prior to this week, they had 5 turnovers in 7 games. Only one team currently has less than that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Love the enthusiasm of the OP. However, it's a pretty hard sell. Hoping we get things figured out but there is a ton of work to do.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The sarcasm in here is disgusting.

"Andy Reid is worse than Marvin in the playoffs."

It's pretty thick at the least.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:40 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "Andy Reid is worse than Marvin in the playoffs."

It's pretty thick at the least.

Barring that comment.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The team may not have peaked yet, but we've all had 8 weeks to peek at Austin's defensive product..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:04 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I think the problem is the offense has peaked and ANY injury on the OL will be devastating. The defense seems like a lost cause. If anything, we have a delusional record.

The defense sucks the entire game and the offense doesn't come out of the locker room after halftime. How we're 5-3 is dumbfounding ?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The defense sucks the entire game and the offense doesn't come out of the locker room after halftime. How we're 5-3 is dumbfounding ?

I am saying we don't deserve that record. We are by far the worst 5-3 team out there

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I am saying we don't deserve that record. We are by far the worst 5-3 team out there

I agree

If this team doesn't do some major changing 7-9 is in our future.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: the offense doesn't come out of the locker room after halftime.

Other than the 4 game winning drives right?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I am saying we don't deserve that record. We are by far the worst 5-3 team out there

I’m sorry, but this is such a stupid comment.

Ofc we deserve those wins (I’d argue we might even deserve 1 more...). It is really hard to win games in this league, and they’ve done enough to win 5 of them already. Some “experts” thought we’d win that many the entire season.

I’m certainly not happy about our defense getting shredded every single game, or our offense taking the 3rd quarter off every game, but ffs THEY ARE 5-3. Whether you think they deserve it or not.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sorry, but this is such a stupid comment.

Ofc we deserve those wins (I’d argue we might even deserve 1 more...). It is really hard to win games in this league, and they’ve done enough to win 5 of them already. Some “experts” thought we’d win that many the entire season.

I’m certainly not happy about our defense getting shredded every single game, or our offense taking the 3rd quarter off every game, but ffs THEY ARE 5-3. Whether you think they deserve it or not.

I disagree. A team can win their first 5 then lose 3 straight and be in a complete downward spiral - so they are 5-3 but heading downward. This team i don't see repeating 5-3 in the second half of the season unless the D changes significantly.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 12:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we still are not playing our best football. this is a positive. I like our chances against anyone in afc besides for patriots and steelers. Andy Reid is worse than Marvin in the playoffs. Yes Reid has a better record. But Reid tends to choke in the playoffs in spectacular fashion. we will eventually at some point in the 2nd half of the season will play our best football. once we do it is paramount to stay at that level. we are still improving. Yes the D is playing bad though some credit has to be given for the amount of turnovers we are generating. and for the most part were getting stops when we have to besides for the steelers and chief games.

I will give them credit for the turnovers against the Ravens and Dolphins.  The turnovers against Tampa were the result of poor QB play (note Fitzy didn't have any).  When you play such a scheme where you hope a QB will make bad decisions and overthrow guys (that one Shawn Williams INT in the end zone was hilarious...he was 5 yards deep in the end zone, and 10 yards from any player from Tampa...now THAT is a bad throw) you will only beat teams with horrible QB play.  

There just aren't many teams like that on the schedule.  

I do agree, however, with the overall optimistic feel of your post.  They are 5-3 despite not playing a single game where the offense and defense were solid an entire game.  Not one.  Do we have faith that Marvin can bring more out of them?  I don't, but I remain hopeful that something changes (I don't know...here is just a thought....maybe use your safeties more aggressively and use your three first round CBs in man instead of our pathetic zone? It is as though we start a game thinking we are up 35-0).  

Not holding my breath, but if they use the bye to make actual changes to their pathetically weak and conservative defensive scheme, great.  Will they?  I doubt it.  
Reply/Quote