Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'We knew what they were doing' - the Bills
" For the first 27-plus minutes of the second half, the offense produced one first down and 37 yards.  When asked how that happened, Bills safety Corey Graham answered, “We knew what they were doing and we adjusted at halftime. When it’s all said and done, that’s what this game is all about.’’  "  http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/11/20/doc-why-cant-bengals-make-plays/94176028/

Zampese needs to go with Marvin. Today was a poor coaching performance from the top down, but the offense was just downright awful in the 2nd half starting with the OC. And this isnt the first game either they looked this bad as we all know.

Also not only did the Bills safety say that, but "Andy Dalton suggested afterward that Eifert was never intended to be a big part of the offense against the Bills. 'It depends on what kind of coverages we’re getting. It wasn’t his day today,' Dalton explained."

So basically AJ is done for the day, yet for some brilliant reason, they decide not to adjust to give more looks to Eifert due to coverages. He is a top 5 receiving tight end in the league ffs. But nope, they just simply out thought themselves and turded down their legs yet again.

There are so many problems with this team from lack of enough talent from crap drafts and lack of quality free agents to the front office. But what hope is there when the coaches like Zampese is getting outcoached almost every week? Anyways, brace yourselves Bengals fans, winter came 25 years ago, and there are no signs of it going away in the foreseeable future.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin getting out coached by halftime adjustments? That's something new. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Look at the Bengals offense in the 2nd half all year.

First half? The offense isn't actually that bad. Move the ball and score.

However, the coordinator doesn't adjust. Like look at the Cowboys game. Did a certain kind of defense and Zampese didn't plan around it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We couldn't ***** win playoff games with Hue, Gruden, or Zimmer here. When we sign the same guys and draft cbs that don't see the field for years and we've missed on drafting o-lineman what the **** do people expect. Even with good position coaches we could not win big games under Marvin. Now that cheap skate Brown goes and promotes from within for a team that couldn't succeed with a far better coordinator the year before. They never go out and fill positions of major need in free agency. From head to toe this team has the worse coaching staff at virtually every position.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:59 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: We couldn't ***** win playoff games with Hue, Gruden, or Zimmer here.  When we sign the same guys and draft cbs that don't see the field for years and we've missed on drafting o-lineman what the **** do people expect.  Even with good position coaches we could not win big games under Marvin.  Now that cheap skate Brown goes and promotes from within for a team that couldn't succeed with a far better coordinator the year before.  They never go out and fill positions of major need in free agency.  From head to toe this team has the worse coaching staff at virtually every position.

Preach lol
Reply/Quote
I seen a few different things today, like running gio on the sweeps instead of hill,but then I seen that 10 man motion about ten times, I was disgusted,for one hue did that better and he didn't do it as much. This oc is a idiot, he has no business being a oc lol. He might be worse then brat.
Reply/Quote
GTFO - ALL OF THEM
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We all knew what they were doing. That stupid gadget play offense (Tackles spread wide) has become our base offense under Zampese.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:24 AM)Millhouse Wrote: " For the first 27-plus minutes of the second half, the offense produced one first down and 37 yards.  When asked how that happened, Bills safety Corey Graham answered, “We knew what they were doing and we adjusted at halftime. When it’s all said and done, that’s what this game is all about.’’  "  http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/11/20/doc-why-cant-bengals-make-plays/94176028/

Zampese needs to go with Marvin. Today was a poor coaching performance from the top down, but the offense was just downright awful in the 2nd half starting with the OC. And this isnt the first game either they looked this bad as we all know.

Also not only did the Bills safety say that, but "Andy Dalton suggested afterward that Eifert was never intended to be a big part of the offense against the Bills. 'It depends on what kind of coverages we’re getting. It wasn’t his day today,' Dalton explained."

So basically AJ is done for the day, yet for some brilliant reason, they decide not to adjust to give more looks to Eifert due to coverages. He is a top 5 receiving tight end in the league ffs. But nope, they just simply out thought themselves and turded down their legs yet again.

There are so many problems with this team from lack of enough talent from crap drafts and lack of quality free agents to the front office. But what hope is there when the coaches like Zampese is getting outcoached almost every week? Anyways, brace yourselves Bengals fans, winter came 25 years ago, and there are no signs of it going away in the foreseeable future.

Bolded is practically every single game in the Marvin Lewis era.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Of course they knew, it was obvious to most of us what was coming each drive. Run up the middle, run up the middle, incomplete pass to a streaking receiver, punt.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: We all knew what they were doing. That stupid gadget play offense (Tackles spread wide) has become our base offense under Zampese.

They do that. They also do A LOT of WR and RB screens. Far more than any other NFL team that I've seen and I watch a lot of games. Then they also have your standard NFL runs that don't work because of a poor offensive line.
Reply/Quote
It really shows the lack of faith that the staff has in the offense as a whole. There's also no sense of urgency or desire. It doesn't take a high football IQ to see that when an offense doesn't use their receivers to stretch field, that your secondary won't be threatened. What, was there one long pass to Eifert for 20+ yards in the first half?! I find it hard to believe that LaFell, Boyd, or Wright can't run deep routes? Sure the protection hasn't been the best for Dalton this year but give me a break...yet we still have the "Chaos" set...truly embarrassing.

WHO DEY
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 04:24 AM)Millhouse Wrote: " For the first 27-plus minutes of the second half, the offense produced one first down and 37 yards.  When asked how that happened, Bills safety Corey Graham answered, “We knew what they were doing and we adjusted at halftime. When it’s all said and done, that’s what this game is all about.’’  "  http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/11/20/doc-why-cant-bengals-make-plays/94176028/

No shit......The announcers saw it.....even I saw it.....of course the Bills saw it......Without AJ Green the Bills went into the box to stuff the run and force Dalton to pass.....The other Bengals receivers were getting no separation from the DBs.....We are a One Trick Pony, AJ GREEN.....without him it was the play-off game in Indy all over again.....and losing Jones and Sanu became a problem with Green out....THE BAD NEWS IS that Green injury is very bad. Maybe season ending. ......but The Bills aren't telling us anything we didn't know.  All other teams will do this. They will go into the box to stuff our run because our other receivers get no separation...Baltimore Defense will eat us alive. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
sorry I started another thread before I saw this on same subject.

totally correct that other teams adjust at half time and Bengals do not. We have a lot of evidence now supporting that conclusion.

One other question- with clock running down why do we take 25 to 30 second to line up and call a play?
Reply/Quote
I mean, it sounds bad, but it's not really hard for an NFL DC to figure out what to do against a team that has absolutely no run game. On top of that, 2/3 of the line can't pass block, either. Rush four, drop everyone else into coverage, repeat. It's not exactly rocket science.

Zampese is no Hue Jackson, but at this point I don't think it would matter if we had Hue, Josh McDaniels, or Norv Turner in his prime running this offense. You aren't getting jack shit done with this offensive line, period. As long as this is their quality of play, even a mediocre to below avg defense can figure out how to beat this offense.
Reply/Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is the worst coaching staff in the NFL ! And for every reason possible.

We need a complete house cleaning - Total. Bring in a new HC and let him hand pick entire staff. If say Simmons survives that's cool, but for the most part they all need to go.

We desperately need a new culture, new atmosphere, new direction.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: We all knew what they were doing. That stupid gadget play offense (Tackles spread wide) has become our base offense under Zampese.

Yep, such a cute formation. Lets line up everyone outside, then bring them in, and then run the ball straight up the middle. 

I mean honestly, what is the damn point? The only thing that comes from it is you wearing our your offensive players by running from one end of the field to the other. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Our other receivers get no separation....We saw this in the play-off losses at Houston as Green double teamed....We saw this in play-off loss at Indy with Green injured.....We saw this yesterday.....All the love for baby hawk to our receivers now and they get no separation. We are always a one trick pony with AJ Green.....Double team Green and stuff our run and you beat us.....Without Green, all Bills and Ravens and Steelers have to do is defend the run because we can not pass....Line up to stuff Hill, because Bengals receivers get no separation from the DBs......I'm dumping Dalton as my backup Fantasy Football QB because he has nobody to throw to now. For time being I'm keeping Hill as one of my RBs, but defenses are going to slam the door and shut him down and force Dalton to pass but there will be no open targets to hit, except those little 3 yard dink routes. Bengals will not be able to run because they will not be able to stretch the field and pass deep. All dink passes.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:27 PM)kevin Wrote: Our other receivers get no separation....We saw this in the play-off losses at Houston as Green double teamed....We saw this in play-off loss at Indy with Green injured.....We saw this yesterday.....All the love for baby hawk to our receivers now and they get no separation.  We are always a one trick pony with AJ Green.....Double team Green and stuff our run and you beat us.....Without Green, all Bills and Ravens and Steelers have to do is defend the run because we can not pass....Line up to stuff Hill, because Bengals receivers get no separation from the DBs.

We didn't have a WR that they respected vertically. They can now run more underneath coverage with safety help. Separation was an issue, but it was only because the bills adjusted to take that away.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I totally understand what everyone is saying about separation down the field. This is great to have as a wide receiver but guess what...YOU CAN STILL MAKE A PLAY ON THE BALL WITHOUT IT!!! There are 4 things that can happen on a passing play when the ball is in the air: 1 incompletion, 2 interception, 3 A CATCH, 4 pass interference call. I never understood the fear of throwing the ball down the field in the situation that we were faced with yesterday...

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote