Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We'll Learn a Lot Over 5 Days (First Two Games)
(09-04-2020, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, by going 2-14 and emptying the stadium of fans.

Marvin could never get them to help him with free agent talent because he never sucked that bad.  They thought he could succeed without the top paid players in free agency.

I object lawyer man!  :paul:

It's my feeling these were Zacs terms before taking over the HC job. Despite the late start due to SB, I think he used last year to install a new offense and to evaluate the players on the roster. And yes, Marvin sucked. Zac will prove that point soon enough.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 01:57 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Browns have a brand new HC who had to work through COVID conditions. I think that has to play a role in their 2020 season.

"Our offense is ferocious. Our defense is impregnable. We want the hearts of our opponents! We want to eat their children!” – Joe Burrow
LOL

He would actually say (quoting Tyson word for word here, as I've had it memorized most of my life LOL):

"Our offense is impetuous. Our defense is impregnable and we're just ferocious! We want their hearts, we gonna eat their children! Praise be to Rattler!"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 12:41 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I wonder how much homefield advantage will matter without fans though. 

I don't think the difference between 1:00 and 4:00 on Sunday will amount to much... it's the same number of sleeps after all. 

In the case of Thursday games, the home field advantage doesn’t involve the fans, it involves the amount of time that can be dedicated to physical recovery and installing the game plan. The home team has the advantage in that aspect, as their players can go to meetings, walkthroughs, and recovery treatments while their opponent is traveling during the short week.
Reply/Quote
Because this preseason so far has been so weird, It is very hard to get a good read on any team. As far as the Bengals go, It’s just anybody’s guess how things are going to go that first game and even the second. But one thing is for sure, It’s going to be very interesting. I personally believe, That the Bengals will be well prepared.I’m glad they have the home opener. I’d love to see them get a win here, And get a confidence booster right from the beginning. Of course after Thursday nights game we’ll know a whole lot more about this team and where they stand.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL

He would actually say (quoting Tyson word for word here, as I've had it memorized most of my life LOL):

"Our offense is impetuous. Our defense is impregnable and we're just ferocious! We want their hearts, we gonna eat their children! Praise be to Rattler!"

I think he would go with Tyson's "I'll **** you til you love me ******".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think that drawing sweeping conclusions 5 days into a season with a rookie QB and no preseason games is just silly. Really. Not to mention a ton of new guys & guys coming off injuries.

For me, I won't think we are Super Bowl bound at 2-0, nor I will be screaming for Taylor's head at 0-2. Well, OK, maybe I would, but it would have to be Air Coryell level good or expansion Bucs level bad to get me there.
Reply/Quote
It isn't just about wins and losses at this point. I want to see the team progressing towards something. I want coaching that includes some smart play design, adjustments, accountability for mistakes, and better tackling (connected to accountability IMO). How is the offensive line performing? I'll accept that rookies may not be there yet so Burrow and the LBs may get a bit of a pass, but both the offensive and defensive line have returning starters I'd like to see improvement from.

I will agree San Diego on paper looks winnable. Every team plays tough in their opening game though.

Reply/Quote
If we beat the Chargers, I say we beat the Browns easily the way Mixon loves to punish them.

For some reason he runs like an animal against the Stains...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 03:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I object lawyer man!  :paul:

It's my feeling these were Zacs terms before taking over the HC job. Despite the late start due to SB, I think he used last year to install a new offense and to evaluate the players on the roster. And yes, Marvin sucked. Zac will prove that point soon enough.

I agree LMAO!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote