Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We made a run after Cooper Rush
https://stripehype.com/posts/bengals-news-cooper-rush-almost-chose-cincinnati-landing-spots-jonah-williams/amp
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Glad they're seeking a back up QB upgrade, it is a big need imo.

Yet think Rush would cost way more than the Bengals could afford, as would Bridgewater the one who I would like to see backing up Burrow.

Still this makes me happy the Bengals are searching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A back up QB upgrade is a need. Glad the Bengals front office realizes it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Glad they're seeking a back up QB upgrade, it is a big need imo.

Yet think Rush would cost way more than the Bengals could afford, as would Bridgewater the one who I would like to see backing up Burrow.

Still this makes me happy the Bengals are searching.

He only got 2.5M/yr for 2 yrs with 2.75M guaranteed.  I'm glad they're looking as well instead of just paying Allen the minimum, giving the fans the perception that we're screwed with any backup so why try.  

After Wentz, options are drying up but some at least look better than Allen.  Flacco is on his last legs and Ryan looked pretty washed but I'd be fine with either.  Not sure if Mason Rudolph is a fit but he still has sole potential as a backup, Chase Daniel is more of a player coach and would have more to offer Burrow. Trevor Siemian is about the same level as Allen and I wouldn't go much farther with Allen having time in the system being worth at least something.  Worst case, they sign Allen again and if a better option comes down at roster cuts that could happen. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 03:35 PM)phil413 Wrote: After Wentz, options are drying up but some at least look better than Allen.

At this point give me Blaine Gabbert.

Apparently all of his teammates love him and he must be a pretty good #2 QB as far as preparation assistance for the games for the starting QB goes, because I doubt that Tom Brady would have let him stick around to do the job for 3 years otherwise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At this point give me Blaine Gabbert.

Why not you?

Why not me?

We can throw int's and incompletes as easily as that guy.......
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 09:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Why not you?

Why not me?

I like the kid Tune from Houston in the late rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 09:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Why not you?

Why not me?

Because if you can't get a top tier backup player, get a top tier backup guy. Nobody left is going to save your season if Burrow goes down for any length of time. So if you can't get a guy who can step in and win you 2/3 or 2/4 starts in a short stint, now just get the guy who will help Burrow prepare the best for his starts and be a general positive influence. That's 90% of what a #2 QB is for anyway, that's why the #2 QB is often a veteran and then the #3 is the young kid.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd be good with Case Keenum if he's available.

He had a good run with Minnesota before they gave Cousins all that money.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 03:35 PM)phil413 Wrote: He only got 2.5M/yr for 2 yrs with 2.75M guaranteed.  I'm glad they're looking as well instead of just paying Allen the minimum, giving the fans the perception that we're screwed with any backup so why try.  

After Wentz, options are drying up but some at least look better than Allen.  Flacco is on his last legs and Ryan looked pretty washed but I'd be fine with either.  Not sure if Mason Rudolph is a fit but he still has sole potential as a backup, Chase Daniel is more of a player coach and would have more to offer Burrow.  Trevor Siemian is about the same level as Allen and I wouldn't go much farther with Allen having time in the system being worth at least something.  Worst case, they sign Allen again and if a better option comes down at roster cuts that could happen. 

Would have thought that would've been in the Bengals budget. 

Who did he sign with ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2023, 02:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would have thought that would've been in the Bengals budget. 

Who did he sign with ?
Back to the Texans.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what Mr. Dolegala's up to...
Reply/Quote
Does Browning end up as the backup QB?
Reply/Quote