Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We may not be resigning dennard and cutting Kirkpatrick
https://www-cincyjungle-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/3/5/21165781/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2020%2F3%2F5%2F21165781%2Fcincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick

We would be super thin at cb which is where we dont want to be in this league, but if this happens they will be saving 8 million in cap space and really attacking FA trying to sign Logan Ryan or Chris Harris Jr.

Would like to have Dennard again but I think it's for the best that they go different ways.

So what does this tell us fans?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:27 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So what does this tell us fans?

They really like Darius Phillips.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:27 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www-cincyjungle-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/3/5/21165781/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2020%2F3%2F5%2F21165781%2Fcincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick

We would be super thin at cb which is where we dont want to be in this league, but if this happens they will be saving 8 million in cap space and really attacking FA trying to sign Logan Ryan or Chris Harris Jr.

Would like to have Dennard again but I think it's for the best that they go different ways.

First of all, there are numerous problems with that, "article:"

1. It's written by a fan, not from anyone official.
2. It's based off of Paul Dehner's (who doesn't have any more insight into the team than any other reporter or beat writer, whom none have talked about this) speculation.
3. CJ is great for news and info, but their opinion pieces are almost always less than stellar; the need Toback and Kirkendale (sp?) back.

This is not at all to say that these moves WON'T happen, but this is speculation and nothing else.

(03-06-2020, 11:34 AM)Synric Wrote: They really like Darius Phillips.

Absolutely. But you can't rely on him solely.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 3. CJ is great for news and info, but their opinion pieces are almost always less than stellar; the need Toback and Kirkendale (sp?) back.

Matt Minch and John Sheeran write some good stuff for CincyJungle...but yea that's about it lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
They may nmot re-sign Dennard or they might release Dre. But I don't see anyway they do both.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Matt Minch and John Sheeran write some good stuff for CincyJungle...but yea that's about it lol.

This. You have to check who's written the article to see if it's worth clicking on.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: First of all, there are numerous problems with that, "article:"

1. It's written by a fan, not from anyone official.
2. It's based off of Paul Dehner's (who doesn't have any more insight into the team than any other reporter or beat writer, whom none have talked about this) speculation.
3. CJ is great for news and info, but their opinion pieces are almost always less than stellar; the need Toback and Kirkendale (sp?) back.

This is not at all to say that these moves WON'T happen, but this is speculation and nothing else.

Absolutely. But you can't rely on him solely.

Think you mean Kirkendall?
Not sure if they really do, as I just recently caught Kirkendall taking information we posted here (me specifically) and posting it as his own findings without citing us as his source.

I can provide evidence to anyone interested.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:27 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www-cincyjungle-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/3/5/21165781/cincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cincyjungle.com%2F2020%2F3%2F5%2F21165781%2Fcincinnati-bengals-nfl-rumors-free-agents-agency-dre-kirkpatrick

CJ is all fan articles written by people like us... so take everything there with a truck load of salt.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Matt Minch and John Sheeran write some good stuff for CincyJungle...but yea that's about it lol.

When they are using video and hard stats, the write good things.

When it comes to opinion pieces though, they are horrid; Sheeran will forever be in my, "hack writer," list, for his awful (and grossly incorrect) takes on Jim Turner.

Guy was on a crusade to remove him for some reason.

(03-06-2020, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Think you mean Kirkendall?
Not sure if they really do, as I just recently caught Kirkendall taking information we posted here (me specifically) and posting it as his own findings without citing us as his source.

I can provide evidence to anyone interested.

Really? That's really too bad Sad Guess he too is not the shining light I thought he was.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally hope they keep Dennard
Reply/Quote
For this topic specifically, there are a few younger CBs I'd welcome over both Dennard and DK.
Byron Jones
Brian Poole
Bradley Roby

Get one of those guys, extend WJ3, and draft a CB. Then you'd have a stacked CB group along with Phillips.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Re-sign Dennard, bring in Bradley Roby and cut Kirkpatrick is my vote.

Let Darius Phillips grow into the player he can be which if he gets better at tackling the sky is the limit with him.

I don't want us to just throw him into the fire if he is not ready.
Reply/Quote

Minich is really good, but I'm not a fan of Sheeran's articles.  He tends to target certain people and continue to complain about them despite evidence to the contrary.  He sounds like a typical forum member, to be honest.
Reply/Quote
The CB stable isn’t bare, just young and untested, obviously this scenario would put CB right up there with LB and O-line as draft needs.

Vets:
Jackson
Phillips
Webb
McRae

Talented but lacking experience:
Torry Mctyer
Tony Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 03:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For this topic specifically, there are a few younger CBs I'd welcome over both Dennard and DK.
Byron Jones
Brian Poole
Bradley Roby

Get one of those guys, extend WJ3, and draft a CB. Then you'd have a stacked CB group along with Phillips.

Agreed the key word is “ young “ I know it sucks to rebuild but that what’s best for this team long term. Short term if we cut Kirkpatrick and don’t resign Dennard things could get ugly at CB this year. We’re not a contender anyways and I rather have Phillips and a high draft pick get snaps and see if they can play. If this team was a few players away I would sign Chris Harris but not at 30 and not at the money he will command. Logan Ryan is 29 and regressing. Use the money saved on Kirkpatrick to sign a linebacker and we can draft a young CB high. Also I don’t think Dennard wants to come back. He expressed his frustration with the team for being placed on the PUP to start the season and has expressed a desire to be more than slot CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 04:07 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed the key word is “ young “ I know it sucks to rebuild but that what’s best for this team long term. Short term if we cut Kirkpatrick and don’t resign Dennard things could get ugly at CB this year.  We’re not a contender anyways and I rather have Phillips and a high draft pick get snaps and see if they can play. If this team was a few players away I would sign Chris Harris but not at 30 and not at the money he will command.  Logan Ryan is 29 and regressing. Use the money saved on Kirkpatrick to sign a linebacker and we  can draft a young CB high. Also I don’t think Dennard wants to come back. He expressed his frustration with the team for being placed on the PUP to start the season and has expressed a desire to be more than slot CB.

we are a contender this year. we may have been a contender last year if it wasnt for injuries mainly to Jonah and AJ.  We sign a quality lineman and LB were right their
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 05:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we are a contender this year. we may have been a contender last year if it wasnt for injuries mainly to Jonah and AJ.  We sign a quality lineman and LB were right their

Huh?
They can't block
They can't tackle anyone
They can't sack anyone
They can't cover anyone
They can't run it
And, they'll have a Rookie QB

They were near the bottom of the league in every category.

Please explain how they are "right there"?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 05:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Huh?
They can't block
They can't tackle anyone
They can't sack anyone
They can't cover anyone
They can't run it

I respect other fans opinion’s and optimism we all want the Bengals to be successful. There’s a reason we had the worse record in the league and haven’t made the playoffs since 2015. I understand it’s the offseason but some fans are making it seem like we were close to being good last year and this roster isn’t that bad. Every player on the roster is actually good and everything will fall the Bengals way. Hart’s actually good , Vigil is actually a very good LB , Michael Jordan will develop and him and Miller are enough at guard , Pratt will develop, Fred Johnson could be a stud tackle and is a hidden gem, this new 3-4 defense will be the reason the D turns it around, the defense played good at the end of the year narrative even tho they couldn’t stop a nose bleed against Miami in week 16. I mean we don’t even know if Zac can coach, if Green can stay healthy or if Williams can play LT. Not to mention the uncertainty at the CB position and if older guys like Dunlap and Atkins will regress.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 06:37 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I respect other fans opinion’s and optimism we all want the Bengals to be successful. There’s a reason we had the worse record in the league and haven’t made the playoffs since 2015. I understand it’s the offseason but some fans are making it seem like we were close to being good last year and this roster isn’t that bad. Every player on the roster is actually good and everything will fall the Bengals way. Hart’s actually good , Vigil is actually a very good LB , Michael Jordan will develop and him and Miller are enough at guard , Pratt will develop, Fred Johnson could be a stud tackle and is a hidden gem, this new 3-4 defense will be the reason the D turns it around, the defense played good at the end of the year narrative even tho they couldn’t stop a nose bleed against Miami in week 16. I mean we don’t even know if Zac can coach, if Green can stay healthy or if Williams can play LT. Not to mention the uncertainty at the CB position and if older guys like Dunlap and Atkins will regress.

Why, that would be pissing on someone's parade.  That cannot be tolerated !!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 05:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Huh?
They can't block
They can't tackle anyone
They can't sack anyone
They can't cover anyone
They can't run it

It's the ol' point loss margin suggesting they "almost had 'em".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote