Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We may not be resigning dennard and cutting Kirkpatrick
It's a conversation piece if nothing else guys.

Instead of every other post telling that it's not legit or anything, you can at least discuss the "what ifs."

Seriously. I respect damn near all of you, but WTF else are we all going to discuss before the draft and FA? argue over drafting chase young from OSU Homer's more, or where Andy is going to go and for how much?

We going to fight over trading down or how terrible Mike Brown? Or could we discuss a team-changing move that will shape part of our draft and FA?
Reply/Quote
I'm fairly surprised, but from what Hobson is saying, they're likely to franchise AJ, extend Mixon, sign the RFAs and possibly Billings, then go into FA looking at outside guys. I don't know where Dre stands in that scheme of things, but I could see him let go. They really do seem to have a desire to let vets go and retain young guys moving forward.

I could see them looking at Logan Ryan. They were linked to him when he was a free agent last time around. If they singed him and drafted a guy relatively early, then Dre and Darqueze would be somewhat expendable.

You never know, but I thing Dennard is as good as gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 08:12 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm fairly surprised, but from what Hobson is saying, they're likely to franchise AJ, extend Mixon, sign the RFAs and possibly Billings, then go into FA looking at outside guys. I don't know where Dre stands in that scheme of things, but I could see him let go. They really do seem to have a desire to let vets go and retain young guys moving forward.

I could see them looking at Logan Ryan. They were linked to him when he was a free agent last time around. If they singed him and drafted a guy relatively early, then Dre and Darqueze would be somewhat expendable.

You never know, but I thing Dennard is as good as gone.

I thought he was gone last year. He didn't find the market he was looking for, then came crawling back. He had a solid year, so I think he'll draw more interest this time around.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It's a conversation piece if nothing else guys.

Instead of every other post telling that it's not legit or anything, you can at least discuss the "what ifs."

Seriously. I respect damn near all of you, but WTF else are we all going to discuss before the draft and FA? argue over drafting chase young from OSU Homer's more, or where Andy is going to go and for how much?

We going to fight over trading down or how terrible Mike Brown? Or could we discuss a team-changing move that will shape part of our draft and FA?

That is why we expanded the free agency forum to include free agency and trade ideas..

Had you posted this thread in there, you may have gotten a more engaging response from other members.  As it stands posted in JN, people are expecting to see some degree of truth and validity to any claims made.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't read the article as I've heard plenty of news/speculation on these situations. I believe Dennard was reluctant to re-sign here, but did it anyways. He was also upset over the PUP designation, so it seems that he has no interest in re-signing. I could see him taking another short term deal somewhere else and try the market again next year if he doesn't find the market he wants.

As for Dre, from what I've heard, he's seen more as a Marvin guy and not a Bengals guy. The team is surprisingly willing to eat the dead money on him. 

It seems that the Bengals are looking to revamp the CB room since they brought in two guys right after the season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 01:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I didn't read the article as I've heard plenty of news/speculation on these situations. I believe Dennard was reluctant to re-sign here, but did it anyways. He was also upset over the PUP designation, so it seems that he has no interest in re-signing. I could see him taking another short term deal somewhere else and try the market again next year if he doesn't find the market he wants.

As for Dre, from what I've heard, he's seen more as a Marvin guy and not a Bengals guy. The team is surprisingly willing to eat the dead money on him. 

It seems that the Bengals are looking to revamp the CB room since they brought in two guys right after the season.

I know of the cb from the CFL. The interceptions leader? I dont know of the 2nd player.

But at least anarumo is trying to make the effort, our linebackers and cbs need to perform better. We may see an entirely different defense next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 01:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It seems that the Bengals are looking to revamp the CB room since they brought in two guys right after the season.

I don't think lack of talent is the problem.  Jackson, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, and Bates have all shown they can play.  When one player looks bad you look at the player.  When the entire defensive backfield looks bad you look at the coach.
Reply/Quote
Don’t see any reason to cut Dennard. No use in being thin at CB when you have the cap to address the position. Dennard is decent at his job. No reason not to pay him
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:18 AM)Housh Wrote: Don’t see any reason to cut Dennard. 

He's a free agent.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's a free agent.

You know what I mean

No reason we shouldn’t have a respectable bid in
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:21 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's a free agent.

Which is exactly why there is no reason to cut him. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote